Freecharge apk version 7.9.6

1. yashvardhan23 Honeycomb Oct 14, 2016

yashvardhan23, Oct 14, 2016 :
    Is freecharge apk 7.9.6 working in rooted oneplus 3 on 3.2.7 oos?
    On my device it says "App has been hooked by third party app, please uninstall third party app and continue"
    Anyone else having this issue?

2. theapu Jelly Bean Oct 28, 2016

theapu, Oct 28, 2016 :
    For me it was xposed. I updated freecharge app yesterday (version 7.9.8) and I got this problem. I decompiled the freecharge app using apktool and found they are looking for de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge (Xposed framework jar) and com.saurik.substrate (Cydia Substrate) and closing the app if these process are found. I tried rootcloak and sudohide xposed modules to hide xposed from freecharge but was not successful.

So I modified SplashActivity.smali and changed the strings de.robv.android.xposed.XposedBridge and com.saurik.substrate to something else and recompiled the apk and signed it using my own key. But when I installed this modified apk and opened the freecharge app a toast
    window appeared stating "this build has been tampered, please install a fresh copy from the playstore". So I searched the SplashActivity.smali again and found tamper protection part just below "hook" check. I bypassed the tamper check, signed apk and installed again. Now There are no "hook" or "tamper" toast messages. I was able to login using my freecharge account. I did a mobile recharge and add cash and they worked correctly. The only problem is facebook/google+ login does not work since I signed the app using my own key. I had to login using my email and password. Other than that everything seems to be working including freecharge go virtual credit card.

3. kapilathi Honeycomb Nov 1, 2016

4. VIJAYNADIAD Cupcake Nov 22, 2016

VIJAYNADIAD, Nov 22, 2016 :
    please email me your modded version bro i need it and i need another help
    (Please, Use private mail of one plus)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2016

5. theapu Jelly Bean Nov 25, 2016

theapu, Nov 25, 2016 :
    In latest version 7.9.9 they have blocked promo code box in payment section if you are using rooted phone. Unable to bypass it.

6. kapilathi Honeycomb Nov 25, 2016

kapilathi, Nov 25, 2016 :
    i am using an old version and no issues with it.

It will become a problem only when they force you to update the app to use their offers, might happen soon.

Btw, why are they doing this? Is there a way to hack the app with root?

7. yashvardhan23 Honeycomb Nov 25, 2016

yashvardhan23, Nov 25, 2016 :
    Yep not able to find solution. Freecharge should make app compatible with xposed if that's the problem

8. theapu Jelly Bean Nov 26, 2016

9. tanay9046 Cupcake Nov 30, 2016

tanay9046, Nov 30, 2016 :
    freecharge app hooked problem is solved but promocode box is still hide kindly give me some tricks how to show promo box...

10. theapu Jelly Bean Dec 2, 2016

Ceasedd likes this.