Freeze or bug

1. Hiku
    Donut Feb 8, 2016

Hiku , Feb 8, 2016 :
    hello to the One Plus Community :)

I have my OP2 since 4 months now, I'm really satisfied with it. However, since a couple of weeks sometimes it can be very slow to open an app or to change from one app to another. A kind of freeze. Even to unlock it, sometimes it's difficult because of this lags.

I searched ont the forum and I did not find anything, even in the "ultimate one plus two guide"

So if somenone has an explanation and moreover a solution to fix that, it will be very nice !

Thanks in advance :)

Sudpaul likes this.
  2. jkb114
    Lollipop Feb 8, 2016

jkb114 , Feb 8, 2016 :
    Boot into recovery mode
    Clear cache
    reboot
    try this and let us know if it improves

3. Hiku
    Donut Feb 8, 2016

Hiku , Feb 8, 2016 :
    Okay, I have to tell you, I'm a noob and former user of Iphone (and a french so my phone is in french language) so basically I don't know anything. Could you be more precise of what is the recovery mode please ?

4. jkb114
    Lollipop Feb 8, 2016

jkb114 , Feb 8, 2016 :
    "In Android, recovery refers to the dedicated, bootable partition that has the recoveryconsole installed. A combination of key presses (or instructions from a command line) will boot your phone to recovery, where you can find tools to help repair (recover) your installation as well as install official OS updates."
    so it's essentially just a series of tools to help alter the partitions of the device. if you boot into it by:
    Turning your device off
    press and hold volume down and power for aprox 10 seconds
    then click on your language
    wipe
    then select cache only
    reboot and voila

5. Hiku
    Donut Feb 8, 2016

Hiku , Feb 8, 2016 :
    OK perfect, now I understand. Thanks.
    I will try it, but I guess I have to make a save before doing it ? Don't want to loose everything..

6. bogusm
    Gingerbread Feb 8, 2016

bogusm , Feb 8, 2016 :
    I have the same issue with my OPT2. Sounds like a bug to me...and not something you should enter a advanced menu to clear the cache to temporary fix.

7. jkb114
    Lollipop Feb 8, 2016

jkb114 , Feb 8, 2016 :
    As long as you wipe the cache and cache only you wont need to, but a backup is never a bad idea

8. pryggi
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 8, 2016

pryggi , Feb 8, 2016 :
    @Hiku
    Don't bother with the clearing of cache, couple of days later you will have the phone lagging and freezing/hanging again. For you as a noob, the easiest option is to reboot your phone, if you feel that it is becoming slow/laggy and wait for the next update. It is a wide issue and a lot of users are experiencing it, so hopefully OnePlus will release a fix soon.

TalPa likes this.
  9. florian.morgan
    Froyo Feb 10, 2016

florian.morgan , Feb 10, 2016 :
    Having the same issue here.
    After 2 or 3 days, the phone start to be very slow and sometimes even freeze.
    This morning my alarm didn't rang ...
    I don't know if it's linked to bluetooth as I often activate it while I'm driving and desactivate it when I no longer need it.
    I'm in 2.2.0 I didn't have this issue back in 2.1.x.
    It's really annoying, and clearing cache doesn't help a lot (I already did it, and the issue is still there)

10. SandeepDesai
    Donut Feb 10, 2016

SandeepDesai , Feb 10, 2016 :
    Dear Team,

I have concerns about OnePlus 2. Recently I have purchased OnePlus 2. Working fine, but within couple of days it has started giving issues like becoming slow, weak touch response, frequently hanging.
    I thought it will be some software issue. I have reset everything to factory setting.
    Then after again the same issues started. I thought it’s only for my handset, but when I discussed the same with my friends having OnePlus 2, they also told the same story of phone issue.
    Request to the company & developers to resolve the issue at the earliest. As we are the big fan of OnePlus. Used OnePlus 1 also without any complains.
    Awaiting reply from the company how to resolve this issue at the earliest.

11. Scherpenseel
    KitKat Feb 10, 2016

Scherpenseel , Feb 10, 2016 :
    The Oneplus Two is using a different ROM than the OPO. They have developed their own ROM at OnePlus and it's true that they're having some buggs in their latest update. They are currently working on the Marshmellow update so look out for that update when it's finished (Q1 2016).

12. er.rohit19872016
    Cupcake Feb 18, 2016

er.rohit19872016 , Feb 18, 2016 :
    I am a former user of Iphone and now switch to one plus two.after update the oxygen Suddenly one plus 2 gets freezes/hangs, worst part this time is even reboot/power button is not responding and wait for sometime and then work.Any idea how I could reset ? My screen is on with latest app but no response on touch or button.

or any update will come to resolve this issue.

13. kadiix
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 18, 2016

kadiix , Feb 18, 2016 :
    The last update 2.2.0 is a mistake! A lot of phone bug after that..

14. kadiix

15. pryggi

pryggi , Feb 18, 2016 :
    You can wait out the freeze/hang, usually lasts for 10min, or you can hold down the power button for 10sec. This 10sec press works always, and turns off your phone.

Best practice with OOS220 is to reboot daily, this at least for me, helps to avoid lags/hangs.

16. boredus
    Cupcake Feb 25, 2016

17. Deactivated User
    Feb 25, 2016

18. guyguy
    Cupcake Mar 6, 2016

guyguy , Mar 6, 2016 :
    Don't feel bad - I have TWO(!!!) OnlePluse2 devices back home - they both sucks!! shity as hell!! devices freezes EVERY SINGLE DAY!! - not a joke - EVERY SINGLE DAY!!EVERY SINGLE DAY!!EVERY SINGLE DAY!!
    no LTE band for 4G (doesnt matter where you are on the planet), it slows down in mid-day, when the alarm goes off - the device get stuck, and you cant turn it of!!!- i payed 415$ for 2 devices!!! got robed!!!

19. KurtDonkers
    Donut Mar 6, 2016

KurtDonkers , Mar 6, 2016 :
    I noticed that when youre in a hurry, and your phone freezes up on you when you start an app to look something up, it helps to switch the notification hardware button. Often that gets me through the first two or so freezes. I still need to reboot every two days or so.
    Cheers,

20. luloutoo
    Cupcake Mar 18, 2016

luloutoo , Mar 18, 2016 :
    My OP2 screen freezes multiple times a day in either the off or on position. When it happens, I can't even force a restart right away. Sometimes I just wait a while (always when I really need to use the phone) and it starts working again. Other times I can get a restart to happen after multiple tries. I've talked to support who made me do a hard reset but I'm still having the same problems. Tech support has been super slow getting back with me and now they want to do a remote session. I don't even have a Windows computer to do a remote session on! I really just want to be rid of this phone and move on to something else. Anyone else solved this problem? Oh yeah, I did just get the latest OS update and that didn't change anything.