French review of OPO (read, OPO underperforming under heavy load?)

1. Frog
    Honeycomb Jul 2, 2014

Frog , Jul 2, 2014 :
    Sorry if this has already been posted (I did use search) french android site frandroid did a pretty in-depth review of the OPO :

http://www.frandroid.com/smartphone/225121_test-du-oneplus-one-presque-flagship-killer

Some very interesting points for you non-french speakers :

• YELLOW SCREEN
    (look at the pictures in the review, OPO is the third one from the left)
    Yep they say the screen is very yellowish and they have a nice gallery of it next to the LG G3, Find 7 and LG G2 to prove it.
    Nothing really new here, they're acknowledging it could be just a software issue that can be fixed via software in the future. ​

• GAMING AND CPU PERFORMANCE
    As is expected, during regular benchmarks OPO's Snapdragon 801 is performing really well and outperforming other phones.
    But playing Real Racing 3, they noticed a very strange behavior from OPO's cpu :
    During the benchmark, OPO's cpu spent 40% of the session operating at 1036mhz, 30% between 1190 and 1497mhz and only 30% at 2457mhz. (its full frequency)
    This resulted in some major slowdowns.
    They did the exact same test with the Find7a and it ran 100% of the time at full frequency : 2265 mhz. This time, playing was fine without any lag.
    In conclusion, they're wondering if OP might be getting their Snapdragon CPUs from 'lesser' batches to keep the costs down, and consequently have to throttle them during intense tasks to keep the temperature down.​

Just thought I'd share this with you guys, I'm not saying frandroid is 100% right bit it's a site that can be trusted, and the issues with CPU and gaming are very concerning I would think.

2. Hanson Lee
    Marshmallow Jul 2, 2014

Hanson Lee , Jul 2, 2014 :
    The performance wise thing seems pretty bad and serious... maybe the admins wanna make a comment about this?

3. magspower
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 2, 2014

4. vjuricic

vjuricic , Jul 2, 2014 :
    I would like to see more reviews before deciding anything...All in all maybe they have preproduction model.

5. Frog
    Honeycomb Jul 2, 2014

Frog , Jul 2, 2014 :
    They just got it and it's a 64gb model so I doubt it

6. JackedX

JackedX , Jul 2, 2014 :
    I think it's a bit fast to jump to conclusions like that. It might be a problem with the game instead of the CPU. I've seen plenty of reviews in which other games run perfectly smooth on the OPO. Thanks for sharing anyway.

Reverb and zorglub like this.
  7. __ok
    Honeycomb Jul 2, 2014

__ok , Jul 2, 2014 :
    Different system, different kernel - not like for like comparison for CPU to draw this specific conclusion.