Network/Connectivity Frequent WIFI Disconnection

1. yeshwanth87
    Eclair Jun 10, 2020

yeshwanth87 , Jun 10, 2020 :
    I am new to Oneplus and got my OP 8 delivered yesterday, in a day already i noticed Wifi disconnection around 4-5 times, not sure if this is something to do with settings? OS has been updated to latest available once device turned on

GaryWall likes this.
  2. bhilbern
    Eclair Jul 1, 2020

bhilbern , Jul 1, 2020 :
    I just started having this problem also. Is it something you're still dealing with? Yesterday, I couldn't get my phone to connect to fly and lately when I am on the internet it will say I don't have a connection. This is in addition to my phone freezing occasionally. I'm getting frustrated with all of this.

3. nightterror993
    Cupcake Jul 2, 2020

nightterror993 , Jul 2, 2020 :
    Been having the same issue. Get the ! Next to the WiFi signal. Have to turn it off and then back on. So frustrating

4. GaryWall
    Froyo Jul 5, 2020

GaryWall , Jul 5, 2020 :
    I had the same problem. I got it fixed by disabling Band steering in my router. This is a feature that will let the dual WiFi gateways (the 2.4 ghz and the 5 ghz) in the router masquerade as one so that the (clueless?) user do not need to decide what gateway to connect to.

Apparently, this feature sometimes has problems and since I disabled Band steering (in some routers named Steering) I have had no problems at all.

This also will give you the freedom to decide whether to use 5ghz in order to get better speed or 2.4ghz to get better coverage.

yeshwanth87 likes this.