Friday Lucky Draw - Round 5

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delpinsky
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 6, 2016

delpinsky , May 6, 2016 :
    OnePlus One, still in love with it... :)

[​IMG]

..hoping OnePlus 3 will make me fall in love again (technologically speaking) :D

2. sagarhatwar
    Honeycomb May 6, 2016

sagarhatwar , May 6, 2016 :
    I was using Nokia n73 since 2007 & wanted to upgrade with extraordinary smartphone. Suddenly I acrossed with oneplus one on net & decided to buy it. As it launched in India.. I own it with an invite in December 2014.
    Now a days I m a owner of oneplus 2 & mine sweet one plus one gifted to my lovely sister. She is happy with that.
    Very soon will buy oneplus 3 & OP2 will gift to younger brother who is waiting eagerly.:p

3. rutuparna.damle
    Eclair May 6, 2016

rutuparna.damle , May 6, 2016 :
    I remember the old times when I was using an LG Dynamite phone. It had a whopping 1.8 inch screen with a resolution of 128x160. It had 64 MB of internal storage and a camera 0.3 Mpixels. Then in 2014 I bought the Motorola Moto G generation 1. It was better with a 5 Mpixels camera, 4.5 inch screen with a resolution of 720x1280. Internal memory of 12 gb :( The best decision I made was to buy my Oneplus two. I had to wait so long for an invite man o man. I couldn't believe it when I finally got my phone. A 5.5 inch beautiful screen with a 1080x1920 resolution. 4 gigs of RAM (unbelievable) and a superb snapdragon 810 processor. This phone rocks even more after the Marshmallow update. How times have changed and how good technology is getting cheaper by the day :)

4. Gowreesan
    Cupcake May 6, 2016

Gowreesan , May 6, 2016 :
    Back in 2014 I had a subpar Galaxy S3 that kept dying. I remember the first time I got my new OPO I thought to myself, how can I ever use a phone this big. Now I can't look at any other phone because the OPO is just too good :D

5. KevinKnops
    Froyo May 6, 2016

KevinKnops , May 6, 2016 :
    I bought my OnePlus One as a new phone in December 2014 and I still use it. I chose this one because I wanted a smartphone with a big battery and the latest Android version, for a cheap price. OnePlus in cooperation with Cyanogenmod has updated my phone several times and I already have Android version 6.0.1 on it. I run every app without any problem and people are still asking me which brand it is. Some friends bought their own OnePlus 2 because of that. "Never settling" with your products and always improving the experience is what I appreciate this company!

6. call911ok
    Cupcake May 6, 2016

call911ok , May 6, 2016 :
    I still have my OPO and I still get good battery life and performance. I have this phone for about a year and half now and since then, I got a girlfriend, moved to a different continent to be closer to her, and started a new work and new life.

My phones usually last only 18 months and this phone has been great still at the 17 months. Marshmallow has plenty of glitches but hopefully it'll get fixed soon. I look forward to get the OP3, I've bought the power bank as well, along with many accessories.

7. Zerb96
    Cupcake May 6, 2016

Zerb96 , May 6, 2016 :
    I still have my OPO...it's the first one I saw and a few weeks after, all my friends has one :D (event if I bought it 10mounths ago but it still working as well as I want so i'm really glad of this phone! )

8. shannon4517
    Cupcake May 6, 2016

shannon4517 , May 6, 2016 :
    I found out about it from my fiance in October 2014. It didn't take too long to get an invite. I still use my one plus one. There is no phone I would rather have.

9. Tarfex
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 6, 2016

Tarfex , May 6, 2016 :
    Back in 2014 I was dreaming about getting a new phone. I was using the Galaxy Ace x2 which was super laggy. My friend showed me his OPO and told me he got it for a great price. He showed me some of the cool features. So I went home and did some research. Watched reviews and jnboxing vids and starting saving up for my very own One plus One. i used my ace 2x until June, the struggle was real. But I finally bought my OPO after saving up. Looks like I made a great choice :)

10. Timo Salola
    Honeycomb May 6, 2016

Timo Salola , May 6, 2016 :
    Last time I had an OP1 in my hand was yesterday. I may not own an One anymore, but I've got more than a couple of friends who do.

11. alvarrancio
    Cupcake May 6, 2016

alvarrancio , May 6, 2016 :
    My Nexus 4 (also a great phone) died last summer so I needed a new phone on par with it. After asking on many forums about a good and cheap phone and looking a lot of alternatives I found the OPO: great specifications, great price and that sandstone cover... It was love at first sight so after 5 minutes reading about him I knew I was looking to my next phone.
    And here I am, with a device from 2014 that runs better than most of today's phones.
    PS: a yellow protective case would be great, my white flip cover got really dirty haha

12. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member May 6, 2016

dsmonteiro , May 6, 2016 :
    I remember seeing a news article on December 2013 / January 2014, started following the brand on G+ around then but unfortunately only decided to join the Forums on March 2014. I was one of the first couple of thousand to get the device (still with the 'wrong' CE logo) and was probably one of the phones I most enjoyed so far. Still lives on, being used by the missus.

13. Elle121
    Cupcake May 6, 2016

14. d1beats
    Jelly Bean May 6, 2016

15. YashAbhang
    Eclair May 6, 2016

YashAbhang , May 6, 2016 :
    I was on a galaxy ace for 3 years. Desperately in need of a new phone. Me being a student with almost no earnings had to convince my dad to buy me a phone. Then after researching for months I heard about the one plus one and how elusive it had been with soaring demand in the whole tech community.

As it happened one plus wasn't shipping to India in their first year after the launch and the invite system was a big challenge to get the phone. I sent details and specs to my sister living in Canada who thought the phone was awesome enough and she would buy it if I could manage to get an invite!

I was pumped up 3 days and nights I met and chatted with wonderful fans of the phone on Oneplus forums and then after making some friends one guy in Gurgaon had an invite. And then after 3 continued days of searching for an invite I had one.

My sister was shocked to see that I got an invite in that less time while a friend of hers was trying for months!
    She bought the phone!

And yes I had to hear tantrums as she had to pay extra for border custom duty as oneplus doesn't directly ship to Canada and many Canadians were complaining about the added expense my sister being one of them.

We opened the box together on Skype :where it was 3.30am in india and almost evening in Canada. That joy of seeing my phone was unexplainable.

Fast forward more 2 months I finally got the phone when my sister flew back to India.
    And ever since I admire it everyday and I think no other phone can match the beauty of the one!
    The bamboo cover makes it look even more cooler!
    It has been almost one year and 2 months we are still together and I am writing this journey with it!
    One plus one best phone ever made!

16. dhaval.soneji
    Donut May 6, 2016

17. ajkaramba
    Jelly Bean May 6, 2016

ajkaramba , May 6, 2016 :
    My OPO is by my sister now and i got the 2, i just needed that fingerprint Sensor and i Love it! But the one was a fantastic phone, i dont know which phone i like more...

18. axbrandao
    Gingerbread May 6, 2016

axbrandao , May 6, 2016 :
    In always been on mobile devices as soon as the project started and saw the money competing on equal terms with the top lines, fell in love with the device, but living in Brazil would never have one (not to be sent here and the high value of the dollar). But whenever my friends seeking advice on which smartphone to buy, immediately I point the OnePlus. One day a friend who lives in Miami sends me a message asking what is the best phone I said, OnePlus One, he thanked and said goodbye, one month after the post hit my door in Brazil bringing a package coming from Miami and how sender my friend, when you open curious to see him a OnePlus One and a single, the love of you is eternal while it lasts, hugs!

19. Jitesh Saitawadekar
    KitKat May 6, 2016

20. linksfiend
    Froyo May 6, 2016

linksfiend , May 6, 2016 :
    I was using a Motorola Triumph at the time on Virgin Mobile. It had an atrocious bug where the log files would swell until the phone was unusable. You had to do a Factory Data Reset about every six months. And either Motorola refused to release an update or Virgin Mobile refused to allow it OTA. Anyhow, I jumped at my invite when I got it in July 2014. I absolutely adore getting updates from CM after the Motorola/Virgin Mobile fiasco.

Also, on a side note, I had some "dumb" luck with the timing. Either the day of my shipping notice or the day after I let my phone slip into a grocery bag while paying for my groceries. It ended up sitting next to a bag of frozen blueberries for the 15min ride home. It totally wrecked the phone. Two days later, my OPO showed up, I activated it per crushingyen's Tutorial, and never looked back.