Friday Lucky Draw - Round 5

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Potato Salad
    Donut May 6, 2016

Mr Potato Salad , May 6, 2016 :
    When we moved to Norway, our family was very poor. Being the little shit that I am, I asked my parents for a smartphone a few months after they bought my brother an iPhone (good way to save money :p), so they got me a Samsung Galaxy Mini. It was a pretty bad phone. It was the only smartphone I have used (besides my bros), though. This phone got me into team Android. Since it was a budget Samsung phone that ran Touchwiz (as I said "It was a pretty bad phone"), it was not good for much. 4 years later, OnePlus released the One, and people were spamming YouTube with videos about it. I finally bought one in november 2014 (when it was invite free for 1 hour). I stood up very late to be able to preorder mine, then the servers went down cause there was too much traffic. 1 hour later, they were up again and I preordered my phone. A friend of my father received the phone (since you guys don't ship to Norway) in Sweden, and sent it to us. A year later, my father dropped my phone, cracking the screen, and it was useless. Nobody could repair it and the digitizer was broken. Now I have had my new OPO for about 6 months. I always have a thick case and a tempered screen protector, but i would love another case (cause this one is kind of boring) or a screen protector, since the one I have now is getting cracks.

Thanks for free stuff and
    Good luck to everyone. ^-^

HollowBear likes this.
  2. ggarzavi
    Cupcake May 6, 2016

ggarzavi , May 6, 2016 :
    At that time I was using an Iphone 4 and it was screaming to be replaced but the price to get a new iphone didn't seem right then I've heard of the One Plus One and it definitely made a perfect sense: good specs, affordable price and a vibrant community....It is still my daily driver.

3. KaZz1NNNNN0
    Honeycomb May 6, 2016

KaZz1NNNNN0 , May 6, 2016 :
    I still have my beloved OPO and I cant imagine it not being besides me!!!
    Well OnePlus One was is and will always be the Flagship Killer!! Got this beast the day it launched in India 2nd Dec. And it is from this mean machine i am posting this comment. Not disappointed for a sec with OPO.
    It was great fun back in 2014 searching for invites, participating in contents and finally winning one to get your hands on OPO. @Nicole Q. About the contest!! Dont know if i would win... But back here in India the Tempered Glass for OPO is unavailable and my OPOs TG has got a crack and it needs a makeover!! :) #NeverSettle #The2014FlagShipKiller!!

4. diogompg
    Gingerbread May 6, 2016

5. otaku4532
    Cupcake May 6, 2016

otaku4532 , May 6, 2016 :
    I still have my oneplus one and I'm using it to write this very comment. I love it so much I have even put a dbrand swing on the back. I would love the transparent case.

6. JBKARLSEN
    Donut May 6, 2016

JBKARLSEN , May 6, 2016 :
    In 2014 I went to USA with my wife. She bought us a trip and gave it as my 30th birthday gift.. One of the best gifts ever.. That's the highlight of 2014..

7. kaghedo
    Jelly Bean May 6, 2016

8. dreniacdre
    KitKat May 6, 2016

9. Hassan_Abdul
    KitKat May 6, 2016

10. Xavkno
    Cupcake May 6, 2016

Xavkno , May 6, 2016 :
    I was searching for a phone that was affordable but was also a heavy hitter in performance.
    And it still is that heavy hitter I bought.

11. Outlawmodzz
    Cupcake May 6, 2016

Outlawmodzz , May 6, 2016 :
    Opo still going strong with no intention of letting it go. Maybe for the op3 wink wink...

12. drake95
    Cupcake May 6, 2016

drake95 , May 6, 2016 :
    For me, being able to get OPO was a sign.
    When he came out, I immediately realized how interesting it was. No doubt about it, I wanted it. I immediately registered for an invitation in October 2014. After a few months I began to fear that I would never be able to get the fabulous OPO.
    At the gates of christmas, 20, my old smartphone broke. The rush and the uncertainty of obtaining an invitation, made me fall back on other models. The competitors were there and had the performance and similar features, but the prices were quite different. Significantly higher. But the fate leaned on my shoulder. After two failed attempts to purchase on two different online stores, I was starting to get worried and distressed. The odyssey seemed to never end.
    It was the morning of January 6th that changed my world. Checking my email in the hope that I had good news on the availability of a new terminal, I found the invitation from OnePlus.
    With great happiness, I accepted the invitation and in a flash I made the purchase. After five days I received the package and when I turned on the One I knew he had found the right one, number One. And now He still be with me. #Never Settle

13. ancru
    Cupcake May 6, 2016

ancru , May 6, 2016 :
    Finding the oneplus one was like being in the right place at a right time!
    My old LG l3 or l5, can't even remember, was dying per moments and I had to find a new phone soon.

I work for a company where phones have incredibly high prices and not everyone can afford them so that was not an option and then I started my research and I found about a new phone which had amazing features at an incredible price.

So I decided to join the one plus one community and pray for an invite and, one day, I got the invite to purchase the one. I did purchase it and while I was setting it up my old LG definitely died! It was like it waited for it to arrive before turning on for the last time. From that moment on this phone has been the best purchase ever, it has the best battery life for me, I can take amazing photos on my trips and I love this large screen which allows me to watch videos while on the go. And I hope it will last for a few more years!!

apersonnamedmike likes this.
  14. iruiz2
    Donut May 6, 2016

iruiz2 , May 6, 2016 :
    I am in love with my OnePlus One. After a Desire (the original) and a Mi2, this one plays in another league!

Keep up!

15. apersonnamedmike
    Honeycomb May 6, 2016

apersonnamedmike , May 6, 2016 :
    I found OnePlus thanks to a YouTuber that I followed on twitter. He posted about it in may 2014 and said he wanted that phone and I was stuck with a slide phone and iPod touch combo pack from my parents at that time.
    Clicked the link the YouTuber shared and it was love at first sight. I had to get one.
    I got an invite that October ordered it. Still using it right now to reply to this. It's been a fantastic phone.

16. santhosh nagaraj
    Froyo May 6, 2016

17. gagne.pierreluc
    Gingerbread May 6, 2016

gagne.pierreluc , May 6, 2016 :
    I have just gotten my OnePlus One (the best phone I have ever owned), traveled with it, took some amazing pictures, kept my family and friends amazed with the quality of the pictures I took with them and drank tons of beer with my beloved OnePlus phone haha ;)

18. Lancelot_69
    Lollipop May 6, 2016

Lancelot_69 , May 6, 2016 :
    My oneplus one died a horrible tragic death, drowning :<( I tried everything possible to resuscitate it, endless nights in rice, warming up to the hair dryer, electro shock therapy! Alas all efforts failed. Quickly I bought the oneplus 2 then later the opx just so they could play together in the sun. Visit the site of their ancestors place of demise, leave flowers and remember the good old days.

19. christiantommy
    Froyo May 6, 2016

christiantommy , May 6, 2016 :
    i'm not using OPO, but using OPX. the first i heard about OPO it's such a hype when a low budget met the high technologies, that is new in Indonesia. awesome. hope Oneplus bring more awesomeness to the next smartphone that they produce. #Oneplus_Indonesia

20. Ganeshgns
    Froyo May 6, 2016

Ganeshgns , May 6, 2016 :
    The opo is really immortal. The cm 13 really pumped new blood into the veins of this beast! :)