Friday Lucky Draw - Round 5

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicholas Nyarko
    Cupcake May 6, 2016

Nicholas Nyarko , May 6, 2016 :
    I never had a phone and I wanted a phone. My older sister used the phone and she was always talking about it and so I begged my mom to get me one

2. foxyone
    Eclair May 6, 2016

foxyone , May 6, 2016 :
    omg my first smartphone an orange spv with stylus as the touch screens were crap

3. ck.shivu
    Eclair May 6, 2016

ck.shivu , May 6, 2016 :
    I was looking for a device that fulfills all my needs and be my Only Companion.. Never Settle!! OPO...

4. zagzag999
    Eclair May 6, 2016

zagzag999 , May 6, 2016 :
    I still carry the one with me.
    It's my main phone.
    And if I get the draw to anything but the tempered glass then I don't need it, I like to carry the sandstone as is.

5. Vadomata
    Jelly Bean May 6, 2016

6. skiry
    Donut May 6, 2016

7. _Julien_
    Honeycomb May 6, 2016

8. keirnon
    Cupcake May 6, 2016

keirnon , May 6, 2016 :
    I first heard about OnePlus while reading one of the tech sites. Early 2014 I began following the news and a little later I decided to try my luck with a Chinese phone. I had been using my old Samsung for almost 4 years and I badly needed an upgrade. So, after following the OnePlus One for a couple months, I finally ordered it January 2015 and took delivery in February. I have been happily using it ever since.

9. kartabya
    Donut May 6, 2016

kartabya , May 6, 2016 :
    I have a pretty long story bout getting my OnePlus One.
    So in short, I had a Nexus 5. I got an invite, so I sold the Nexus 5 only to realize that OnePlus doesn't ship to Nepal. Luckily my dad was in Korea. So I ordered the OnePlus One phone to my cousin's address in the US, he then went to Korea and gave it to my dad. And my dad brought it to Nepal after about 3 months.

So basically, I had bought the phone pretty early but got it only 3 months later :/
    But it was definitely worth it.

10. Viki.S
    Cupcake May 6, 2016

Viki.S , May 6, 2016 :
    I still have my OPO I bought in 2014. I had a Nexus 4 before but I'm always curious. So changed my phone and this is my personal record. I already own this phone for more than one and half years! :)

11. suramas
    Jelly Bean May 6, 2016

suramas , May 6, 2016 :
    It's ok, there is probably people who need the swag items more so I hope they get them and wish them luck.

May the Force be with you.
    Did you watch the movie? :eek:

12. kell
    Gingerbread May 6, 2016

kell , May 6, 2016 :
    i was using the galaxy note II, and read about this phone and it looked great,
    everyone i know said: noo don't buy it. Chinese phones are cr*p
    a few weeks later I was on the beach and received an E-mail from Oneplus with an invite, so when i was home i ordered the one and am still very happy with it :D
    aldough i want a new phone now, but can't choose if i want to wait for the OnePlus 3 or choose another Chinese phone to see which is better xD *though decision*

13. Lordkay972
    Cupcake May 6, 2016

Lordkay972 , May 6, 2016 :
    My OPO was stolen after I had it for a full year. :sob:I have a OP2 now, but I want to buy another One just for the nostalgia.

14. colin.25.smith
    Cupcake May 6, 2016

colin.25.smith , May 6, 2016 :
    Got my oneplus one from reading about it. Love it still :) Still works great. So long may it continue to do what I need.

15. Rhaab
    Gingerbread May 6, 2016

16. CaptainAaldrik
    Cupcake May 6, 2016

17. Gromit
    Cupcake May 6, 2016

Gromit , May 6, 2016 :
    In 2014 I was researching the OnePlus One, with my trusty, original Motorola Droid by my side, a nearly 6-year old friend at the time, and I was still reluctant to let it go. I had just created a forum account, and was wondering if it would ever be worth it to continue the wait for an invite. I was with friends, about to go on a dive (scuba), when I checked my phone and saw I had an invite and had 24 hours to respond! At that point, the message was already more than 8 hours old. I was in a panic about how much time I would have to respond. I got my order in before the deadline and I have not looked back since. I love this phone, it is my new trusted friend, and I introduce it to anyone who is looking to replace their current phone. I expect my OnePlus One to remain a trusted friend for more years to come!

18. sfksuperman
    Honeycomb May 6, 2016

19. Sandeep Mandava
    Gingerbread May 6, 2016

Sandeep Mandava , May 6, 2016 :
    Well it was late december 2013 or early 2014 I joined the forums for a phone that started challenging all the flagships of the time. It was a worthy wait when onepus one finally arrived pushing my top choice of moto x down and taking the spot. I was one those early supporters that got the Invite and the phone.

Even though the process of getting the phone and unboxing was exciting ...the excitement didnt last long...as the intial few months Cynogen was buggy with ghost touches,random reboots ,accidental double taps. I had gone through a tough logistic process of sending the phone to US to get it replaced(phone was not lauched in India at the time). With the new unit I recovered from reboots and other bugs were slowly ironed out. Even with all this One never had tough time competing with the other flagships interms of build feel looks and performance.
    Now its almost been 2 years and still does look like a new phone and still is mybdaily driver.

the chrome/aluminium strip around the screen is a brilliant thought...helped interms of the looks and saved screen from side/corner drops...

PS: The most annoying thing has been heat in smart phones these days and oneplus is no exception. Especially with Indian weather conditions phone are getting hotter with/with out any heavy task loading on processor. Since oneplus listens I wish you would concentrate on this part and claim a solution in the coming devices :)

@Carl

20. Adikovec
    Honeycomb May 6, 2016

Adikovec , May 6, 2016 :
    It was end of 2014 and I had crappy huawei ascend y300, which was lagging as hell. Thankfully, in February 2015 I've got the money. And bought my OPO. Now in May 2016, I'm still using it. Will see about OP3. Replacement? Who knows. #NeverSettle