Friday Lucky Draw - Round 5

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRinPA
    Eclair May 6, 2016

JRinPA , May 6, 2016 :
    I do not still have my OnePlus One but a very good friend of mine son does and he absolutely loves it. He's hoping to get my OnePlus Two when the Three comes out :)

2. Sajid Imam
    Donut May 6, 2016

Sajid Imam , May 6, 2016 :
    I was in lot of confusion with mobile selection..then changed the mind suddenly.. And said let's go for one plus

3. SpyJoe
    Gingerbread May 6, 2016

4. balivyta
    Honeycomb May 6, 2016

balivyta , May 6, 2016 :
    when i first saw this phone i thought that it is too good to be true. and then decided to wait for the two, because i didn't had money at the moment. i wish i had saw the one earlier, when it was launched :)

5. dreamcore
    Eclair May 6, 2016

dreamcore , May 6, 2016 :
    After seeing the original promo announcement video, I sent it to a iPhone friend, but I thought it unlikely I would get the phone – and I wasn't about to make a video smashing my Nexus 4 for the chance, either.

But it was the following autumn, and one soft-bricking later, that I tentatively purchased during a day of open sales.

I kept it in a box for a week. I had been so uncertain of its size, even after carefully comparing dimensions with known phones, and I was loathe to open and use it without a case. I considered reselling it for a small profit, but thankfully I gave in as I needed a phone.

Today, I still run it on the stock OS (CM11S) and still can enjoy ~8 hours of screen-on time in active use on a charge. I use and appreciate its raw capture and its NFC. Someday I may finally update the OS if I can still get battery life like I have now.

6. arturocr
    Eclair May 6, 2016

arturocr , May 6, 2016 :
    Nice!
    Back in 2014 I was enjoying the new experience of being a dad. Also, I was following the OnePlus One launch really closely, I still remember my enthusiasm during the launch event day, it was midnight at home here in Costa Rica. Everybody sleeping and I was happy after seeing every single feature of this flagship killer that I still have in my hands!

7. Angalv
    Jelly Bean May 6, 2016

8. lin22ria
    Cupcake May 6, 2016

lin22ria , May 6, 2016 :
    Back in 2014 I had just landed my first job and wanted to buy a phone that I knew would last.
    I vividly remember the day I first met the oneplus one. I had heard rave reviews about the phone and I had longed to check it out for myself .
    I lived on the tenth floor and was on the elevator back to my room when I noticed the phone in the hand of the person next to me.
    I have no idea how rude I must have sounded but curiosity cannot be killed. So I said hello and asked him if it was the oneplus one. When he said yes I was ecstatic. I asked him if I could check out the phone. He seemed weirded out but obliged as I took the phone, quite reverently, and proceeded to check out its features and play 'subway surfers'. Quite hilarious I know!
    However that sandstone grip. When I held the phone in my hand. Ah it latched on to me.
    And that was the moment I guess I made my choice. It was to be the Oneplus one and no other phone.
    I bought the phone soon after and I still have and use the phone. Loved it from day one and I have never regretted my choice. Though at times I still cringe at what the man in the elevator might have wondered about me.

9. lansyer
    Froyo May 6, 2016

10. dekany_daniel
    Cupcake May 6, 2016

dekany_daniel , May 6, 2016 :
    I've used a mid-range LG phone, and I wanted something stronger. I chose OnePlus One because of it's great performance, and it's easy to tweak :) My OPO is almost one year old, and it's even blazing fast. I can say, that this is the best phone I've ever had :)

11. AEland
    Cupcake May 6, 2016

AEland , May 6, 2016 :
    Studying in Warsaw (PL) for a semester, naturally had my Dutch contract and a Polish one, roaming abroad was still a big problem in those days. Using an iphone 4 and a HTC oneX, neither had a good battery, nor a sense of speed to them. Missed some good picture opportunities because of that :(. Apart from the shitty phones 2014 was amazing, living in a new country and discovering new things is amazing, it brings progress to your life. And living in Budapest now!

12. abhinav49
    Honeycomb May 6, 2016

abhinav49 , May 6, 2016 :
    Yah the good old times when I was not using oneplus phone. Life was so good phone was reliable, dependable and predictable. But now life is full of surprises and adventure. One day will get through all day with one recharge and one day it will drain out in 5-6 hours. One day fingerprint sensor will work buttery smooth and one day it will be dead. In one moment phone is cool as cucumber and the other moment phone will be hot as lava

That's it from my side. Thanks

13. dpalejwala
    Honeycomb May 6, 2016

14. markitosd
    Eclair May 6, 2016

markitosd , May 6, 2016 :
    I was flashing a Galaxy Nexus in order to make it perform properly. Now, with the One in my hand I'm writing this comment and feeling really happy about it!

15. Painas
    Gingerbread May 6, 2016

Painas , May 6, 2016 :
    I was using a Nexus 5 and the battery was not even holding up for half a day, I was in need of a bigger battery. I applied for a free invite of the Oneplus One. A while passed on untill I was checking my email inbox just to find out that I had received an invite to buy the One. (Jar dropped!) I went to purchased him and used it proudly till this day and in hope to keep on using him for at least 3+ years. :)

16. Slydelix
    Jelly Bean May 6, 2016

17. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow May 6, 2016

Ceasedd , May 6, 2016 :
    It's open.

aaron.hossain75 likes this.
  18. NYD
    Cupcake May 6, 2016

NYD , May 6, 2016 :
    Was following Oneplus scince the very start. Right from when @Carl started taking suggestions for the specifications of the phone. As I heard the final specs and price of the phone, I was like What the hell ! Is that even possible? I was earlier using HTC Desire 816. As I received the invite, I bought it right away(I was among the first lot to get it ;), maybe because I was following closely all the way). It's been over a year now scince I am using it, and the performance just goes on increasing as is the opposite for most of other phones. Yeah, and also am a fan of Cyanogen,so it was icing on the cake for me. Best phone till now:)

19. devaj08
    Cupcake May 6, 2016

devaj08 , May 6, 2016 :
    Story of my first Oneplus device!

Was eagerly waiting for one plus to launch the Oneplus one in India.. Waited for 2 months, still no updates were on the launch. Disappointed, i bought the Motorola Moto X first gen.. Used it for 2 years. Then came the teaser of Oneplus 2, the nostalgia came back! The endless YouTube videos of Oneplus One and looking at the unboxing, benchmarks and all! Finally decided to buy the One plus two the same day it got launched. Had to refer around 57-60 friends to get bumped up in the queue! The nostalgia of asking everyone's email and urging them to confirm their email id.. Man, memories, and that's how i got my first one plus device, the Oneplus 2! :D

20. Marcoziezo
    Honeycomb May 6, 2016

Marcoziezo , May 6, 2016 :
    A friend of mine had OnePlus one for some time and when I saw how amazing it was, I had to have it too. When I got the chance on Black Friday 2014, I immediately bought the One without a doubt. And now, one and a half year later I still love it!