Friday Lucky Draw - Round 5

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shuller
    Jelly Bean May 6, 2016

Shuller , May 6, 2016 :
    I was helping in organizing parties... many people might say it is a dream job, who knows what's all about are gonna say thanks god you are not anymore in this))) however looking back to that day when parties were starting on Tuesday and ending on Monday after the afterparty I can say that it was a crazy and a very nice time...

2. itechy21
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 6, 2016

itechy21 , May 6, 2016 :
    I was apart of the scouting movement and did my duke of Edinburgh's gold award and just recently completed it... the hardest part of the award is the expiration and we went to the Brecon beacons...
    It was the best time with my 5 other team mates and it was the best hike I had ever been on apart from one thing... the typical British weather horizontal rain and we got soaked through however we all pulled through and completed it and now have a certificate and a broach it was the best experience I have ever had...

3. JHong
    Jelly Bean May 6, 2016

JHong , May 6, 2016 :
    A phone that gave me an excitement like never before. I got my One since early 2015 and still had the box of the phone and charger. Now, almost a year later, my One is still like new and works just perfectly well. In fact, my mum now uses the 2 that I won from OnePlus! :D

4. bviengthong
    Honeycomb May 6, 2016

bviengthong , May 6, 2016 :
    One and a half years later...

I have my wife at my side who inherited my Oneplus One. So technically, I still do have the best of both worlds at my side!!!

One and a half years back in time...

I was sitting in the staff lounge having a conversation with a co-worker about flashing Roms and moving phones. That's when she told me about her friend who smashed there Nexus 5 for the Oneplus. I was like what?!? Unheard of. But that's how Oneplus got introduced to me!

5. prthathi
    Eclair May 6, 2016

prthathi , May 6, 2016 :
    Found out abt it some time after its release when it wasn't launched in India yet... Was planning to buy another micromax probably cos I hadn't even thought such good specs could be available in a phone priced at this level... What a happy surprise it was to read abt the phone frm this new company that was "shaking up the smartphone industry"... I was the first one in people arnd me to hear abt and buy a OnePlus phone and before I had bought it, every frnd of mine was like "dude, go for a reputed brand.. U r going to get shitty products if u don't shell out the money"... And funnily enough, after purchasing it, the amazing performance notwithstanding, it's probably the only phone that people look at and say that "man this looks unconventional and awesome"...

Am almost proud that I was the one who recommended OnePlus to so many people around me...

6. eiko
    Cupcake May 6, 2016

eiko , May 6, 2016 :
    I had the iPhone 5 which was locked, so was looking for an unlocked phone that was not ridiculously expensive. I was actually planning to wait for the Nexus 5 to go on sale, like the Nexus 4 had when the 5 was announced. But alas that didn't happened.

However, a friend mentioned having heard good things from friends who owned the OPO, so I checked it out and found it pretty attractive.

Finally bought when invites weren't required on Black Friday. Still have the phone today, 1.5 years later. Writing this on it actually :)

My first case lasted only half a year, but I'm still using my second case (different brand from the first). I don't use screen protectors. Always up for a new case!

7. frodeleirvik
    Donut May 6, 2016

frodeleirvik , May 6, 2016 :
    The rumours of a flagship killer from China reached me just as I had settled for Cyanogenmod to replace the annoying stock ROM in my Galaxy Note 2. I decided to wait for it to show. So, I joined the community, followed the tweets and posts, listing for the contests... Much to my surprise, I got an invite summer of 2014. Since I'm living in Norway, I had to resolve to some creative ways in order to claim it, but eventually, the OnePlus One 64GB Sandstone showed up!

Now, nearly two years down the road, it's still my primary and preferred device. I've had no issues with it besides a few glitches in the Cyanogen OS/Cyanogenmod. The battery still lasts, the screen is good so new, the sound is loud and clear, the size is perfect, the camera is great,... I could go on.

I'm still voting for my OPO to last another year...

8. Hiraeth

Hiraeth , May 6, 2016 :
    I went to China too (BengBu, Anhui)! In fact I went over to teach English for 2 weeks. After that I went to visit my grandparents in shanghai and toured Taiwan for a week lol.

I miss those days. Then I bought my OPO, upgrading from an iPhone 3gs!!!

9. IvanMuse

10. nazarite
    Eclair May 6, 2016

nazarite , May 6, 2016 :
    Someone told me of this amazing phone, and me already having a work phone, I decided that my wife's POS big name brand phone needed replacing.
    Shortly after giving it to her for her birthday, she drops it three times and end up destroying the screen. I decided that this wonderful phone should not be put to death. I bought the parts I needed and fixed it myself. She got a new phone to replace the one she broke. I and using the resurrected OPO which has served me faithfully ever since.
    That's my story.

11. Mind541
    Gingerbread May 6, 2016

Mind541 , May 6, 2016 :
    I switched from Galaxy S3 back in 2014. Now 2016, my OPO is still really fast. I love it

12. Catkin
    Honeycomb May 6, 2016

Catkin , May 6, 2016 :
    OPO owner since August 2014.

Very disappointed S3 owner became a proud OPO owner, beginning of august 2014.

A friend bought two Ones.. He let me buy the other one.
    Still very happy with One!

13. Garulf
    Eclair May 6, 2016

Garulf , May 6, 2016 :
    I still have my OnePlus One as my main and only phone, rocking Android 6.0.1 through CyanogenMod (I've been unable to switch to Oxygen due to my not-so-good flashing skills) and everything's as good as the first day.

I graduated from Law at the end of september 2013 and, thank God, got my first job in november with my university. It was a very stressful job with full time "shifts" even though I was hired as an independent contractor. But even with all the issues and s**t we had to deal, we made the project a success. Right at the end of the contract in May 2014, myself and some of my acquaintances and friends made on that job were talking about spending some of the money earned in things for ourselves. When my turn came to speak, the answer was very simple: "I want a smartphone". Watching all of them with iPhones, Galaxy S4's, Xperias and all the high end flagships of 2013/2014 obviously only made the desire bigger.

I've always been a tech enthusiast so I was well informed and just began searching phones for my budget but there was none filling my requests. Then, on June, I started reading about you guys and your promise to Never Settle in achieving the goal to bring a flagship killer to everyone. I got hooked up by the idea, registered to the forum and started reading and searching more and more, watching videos on YouTube made by people who already got their devices or review units.

Then, one sunday, I woke up to one of the most happy emails I've got that is tech-related... I got an invitation! I claim it without even thinking about it and inmediately began thinking of ways to get the OPO in my hands since I live in a country you didn't sell directly at the time. After a lot of thought I got my way by doing this:

1. Contacted a friend with those lockers in the US where you can send things you buy outside and then bring them to your country.
    2. Through his uncle's PayPal I made the payment and got the phone shipped.
    3. Through the locker service, handled taxes and the importantion stuff.
    4. After two months or so (USPS worked great, but the locker service, not so much) I finally got it!

My first smartphone, bought with my own hard-earned money. The OPO was such a novelty that I got contacted by a friend who runs a tech news website here and he asked me to do a video about it as an exclusive first look! (which you can watch in the media attached, although is in spanish)

My OPO has been a very helpful tool at the end of my postgraduate studies, which I did in 2014; it also has helped me a lot with the jobs that came after its purchase thanks to its power. I can't be more happy about how things have turned out with my purchase and I've taken care of it like a jewel, bought some accesories like a case and a tempered glass screen protector and hell, I've even kept the original box and all the mails sent and received during the process of purchasing it. And even though I'm planning to upgrade to an OPO 2 or waiting for the next Nexus or the OPO 3 next year which means I'll have to sell my OPO (mom doesn't like big phones so she's with a Lumia) to get it... I'll never forget my first smartphone.

And for this, I thank you OnePlus.

14. cyberniti
    Gingerbread May 6, 2016

cyberniti , May 6, 2016 :
    Until the appearance of OnePlus One, I have always used technological waste that family and friends regaled me kindly. So when in 2014 I was able to get a OnePlus One, I did not let it escape. The family grew with the arrival of OnePlus X, but OnePlus One continues to accompany me everywhere, and now more than ever because it looks splendid with bamboo styleswap cover.
    Thanks Oneplus for making digital technology accessible to everyone ... and Never Settle.

15. Nvds
    Froyo May 6, 2016

Nvds , May 6, 2016 :
    Never owned a 1+1 and immediately purchased a 1+2..

16. Retchey
    Gingerbread May 6, 2016

Retchey , May 6, 2016 :
    I was introduced to the OPO by a work mate, we love our tech , I googled it and loved the look, and a device with cyanogen out of the box....wow, only problem being no shipping to Australia...MMMM, so the quest started , how to get this thing to sunny Australia...since then there have been a OPX & OP2, and a whole heap of accessories, eventually the OPO was relegated to my bedside drawer, my son asked if he could have it......after many weeks of thinking I agreed, it only lasted a few months with him, he cracked the digitized and he got it repaired, only to crack it again, I have now taken the OPO back and it's awaiting a day at the repair shop to be refurbished back to its original state, it will then be fired up again for a trip down memory lane 2014 style....

17. ljnzes
    Eclair May 6, 2016

ljnzes , May 6, 2016 :
    Okay, here's mine.

A friend heard of OPO and mentioned it to my son - now 20 yrs old. My son told me about it and I did my research. "Hmmmm, this looks like the phone for me!!" So I logged on, and somehow, I was able to get an invite, and only on my second try!!!! Amazed, I ordered it and anxiously waited........

Then it came!!! I LOVED IT! "Hey, you take really great pictures. What kind of phone do you have?" I heard time and time and time again...... And although I DO NOT recommend this, I have dropped it more times than I can count ( yes, I keep the flip case on it.) And no damage!!! Yep, I am on my 3rd or 4th case, but who cares? That's what cases are for! Changing!!!

Now, back to reality, back to 2016. I STILL love my OPO, my daughter has one, my son got the OPX, and at least one friend is now using one as well.(not sure which one though. But does it matter??? Quality is quality!!!)

Love OPO....... Thanks for the chance to reminisce!!!

18. WXB
    Gingerbread May 6, 2016

WXB , May 6, 2016 :
    in Oct. 2014 I bought my Oneplus One. My Htc was not functioning very well so i could send it back and got my money back. Looking for new phones was a big task, lots of choices, lots of high prices. Then with some luck I found Oneplus, never heard of it... saw the price.. saw the specs.. I was sold. Then the hard task to get an invite started, went easier than I thought.

Since then I recommend Oneplus to a lot of people, family, friends etc. I think I have done some good work for Oneplus hihi..

19. andymwat
    Froyo May 6, 2016

andymwat , May 6, 2016 :
    My Oneplus One was (and is) my first phone. I was lucky enough to buy it during the day of open sales in January 2015. Its been fantastic, and I hope that it stays with me for a while.

20. axll
    Gingerbread May 6, 2016

axll , May 6, 2016 :
    OnePlus One Tempered Glass Screen Protector... I haz to have it...