Friday Lucky Draw - Round 5

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mydragoon
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 7, 2016

mydragoon , May 7, 2016 :
    I think I was trolling in the OnePlus forum.. lolz.. good old days...

anyone got any invites? ;)

2. markbean
    Cupcake May 7, 2016

markbean , May 7, 2016 :
    In 2014 I was on a G'S waiting to get a OnePlus. The 1+ is still my main phone, my wife now has the 2. I haven't yet found anything to get me to move off my original OnePlus. I'm waiting on you to show me a reason to move on or is your first just too good to OneUp?

3. Cryocyanide
    Froyo May 7, 2016

Cryocyanide , May 7, 2016 :
    I was using a blackberry curve after my Motorola atrix hd failed for the fourth replacement because of battery and screen issues. Got the oneplus one a couple months aftrr launch then used it until i got the oneplus two about a month after its launch. Oneplus is my main squeeze for phones

4. James Mathew
    Eclair May 7, 2016

James Mathew , May 7, 2016 :
    Back in 2015 when I was using a samsung potato phone I really wanted to switch to a flagship phone, but with ma budget Samsung s5 was out of reach. Then one of ma friend told me about this awesome flagship killer and took the giant leapn the best decision I ever made

Ceasedd likes this.
  5. SoulzZ
    Cupcake May 7, 2016

SoulzZ , May 7, 2016 :
    Where I live there is no option of buying one plus one. So, I had to wait until a friend abroad had an invite so that I could use it to get mine. Finally had an invite on January 2015 and instantly asked the friend to buy it but had to wait until April to get my hands on it, but the wait was definitely worth it.

Love my phone to date :)

6. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow May 7, 2016

Ceasedd , May 7, 2016 :
    I googled the most powerful Android at the time and the OPO came up.Still love it's design + Bamboo.

7. choco
    Cupcake May 7, 2016

8. varadparulekarofficial
    Gingerbread May 7, 2016

varadparulekarofficial , May 7, 2016 :
    Hey @Nicole Q.

I came across OnePlus due to the invite system.. I kinda like the invite system because it gives a feeling of 'exclusivity' and being different from the rest..

I still exactly remember the very first time I saw a OnePlus One in public.! I was in a train, and a person came to sit beside me, and pulled out a OnePlus One!! I was astonished by its superiority and performance..

Few months down the lane, on 21 May 2015 I myself got a OnePlue One and I am very happy and satisfied with it..
    I don't want anything else in a smartphone, the One just feels so right..!!

I love the OnePlus One!
    It is the only 'One' for me.. ;)

PicsArt_02-11-04.22.36.jpg

2016-03-11 05.58.51 1.jpg

PicsArt_03-29-08.01.59.jpg

9. dewaltripathi
    Cupcake May 7, 2016

dewaltripathi , May 7, 2016 :
    So i believe that their phone has gone rogue is reason enough to buy a phone but for me i was in love with this phone when i saw it for the first time in the very first advertisement ever about oneplus, that a phone that will provide everything but at a low cost. Even that low price tag was high for me as i am a student. The phone got launched in December and look at the coincidence that i lost my older phone on the day this phone got launched. I got my clue, started my savings and bought this phone in January. I still have the phone and it is awesome. I love using it. Love the design, the back panel which was just amazing. The superfast performance. It is definitely the best in class. I even had difficulties in getting the invites but the Oneplus forums helped me securing one fir me.
    I hope you understand the feelings attached to my Oneplus. I am happy.

10. Arach
    Donut May 7, 2016

Arach , May 7, 2016 :
    Was looking to try and convince my parents to get me a phone (yes I am on the younger side) and was fascinated by android phones (in an area where it's almost all apple), so I started looking at cheaper android phones that still offered most or all that I wanted. This was in October of 2014, and I saw the OnePlus One and was hooked. That year, for christmas my parents said I could get it - however, I waited all the way till the summer because I wanted to see the new Samsung/LG/HTC/Etc. phones and really pick which one I wanted - by that point, I figured - eh, I've already waited over 6 months, why not wait the 2 more till the OnePlus Two launches (of course it would take another 2 months for me to get it, but that was nothing ;)

11. OnePlusNerd1
    Froyo May 7, 2016

OnePlusNerd1 , May 7, 2016 :
    I had a work intense year but didn't forget to enjoy life to the fullest in between. A business partner made me aware of the OnePlus 1 btw. I'm still using it right now.

12. Diogo Guedes
    Froyo May 7, 2016

Diogo Guedes , May 7, 2016 :
    Back in 2014 when I got my Oneplus One I was at college when it arrived. My brother had to chase the mailman so he could get the phone. He called me and said, I have your new toy. I got super hyped that I wanted to get out of class and run home ! When I got home and looked at the package I couldn't stop smiling. It was the best unwrapping I've ever done and to this day I still use my OneOplus One every single day and proudly since it's my favourite phone of all times !

13. charlie19211
    Gingerbread May 7, 2016

charlie19211 , May 7, 2016 :
    So, 2014... Yeah, in terms of cell phones, 2014 was not a good time. Was using a Samsung Ace 2 x (GT s7560m) with a whopping 756 mb ram, 4 GB internal (about 1.4 useable) + micro SD. The thing could just barely run itself, and doing anything more than web browsing would cause it to crash and burn. Ok maybe not the burn part, but tons of crashing.

As for opo, I got a used one (heh heh) from a friend in late 2015, but hated the lack of SD card expansion (need them music/photos yo). It's now a back up phone in case something happens to my lovely opx and its glorious SD card.

(All hail your cupcake overlords who are here just for the contests and bug help.)

14. risky1301
    Lollipop May 7, 2016

risky1301 , May 7, 2016 :
    Let's see, in 2014 I joined the forum, owned the OPO, learned how to root (thanks to all in this forum) and had my third child.

There are no words to describe how excited I was to get an invite, oh and have my son!!! :p

It was quite a year!!!

15. thesamim
    Eclair May 7, 2016

thesamim , May 7, 2016 :
    Still have the original one. Son has it. Wife and Daughter have new OnePlus Ones. I have the OnePlus Two.

When OPO came out, as an Android developer, I wanted the latest and greatest. I got it. I loved it. Great community too.

As the family phones died, they got replaced with OPO.

Then the OPT came out... need I say more?

16. mshahrba
    Cupcake May 7, 2016

mshahrba , May 7, 2016 :
    Have had the silk white OPO since Dec 2014, my first android phone, still works perfect with no issues. Have experienced 3 androinds (K, L and M) flawlessly with my device and can't wait to see android N running on it :)

17. Deactivated User
    May 7, 2016

18. sonygoup
    Honeycomb May 7, 2016

sonygoup , May 7, 2016 :
    So the story of how I bought my one plus one... So it was December 2014 and I was looking for a phone that was cheap and powerful to help me with school work and day to day life (had no laptop ATM) so I saved up about 300 USD near the end of January and finally decided to buy one. I could only afford the 16gb version which sucked imo. So I asked my sister for some cash and I was super luck enough to get the 50$ needed for the 64gb and I ordered it the same day. I got luck again when customer charged me 65$ in my currency to clear it which is probably around 10 USD. Never changed phones since then still use my OPO and any one of those items would come in handy about now since I have non

19. niteshpshah
    Gingerbread May 7, 2016

niteshpshah , May 7, 2016 :
    I am using this phone since one & half year.

20. brian.roden
    Cupcake May 7, 2016

brian.roden , May 7, 2016 :
    My daughter was in need of a new phone when she started university in the fall of 2014. Her phone was old, had terrible battery life, and was from a manufacturer that had not updated the firmware once. I spent quite a bit of time shopping around and when I came across the oneplus one I was impressed with the high end features for a mid range price. Battery life was supposed to be excellent, and running cyanogen meant regular updates. I was lucky to get the phone after being on the list for only a few weeks.
    A year later she was still so happy with it that when it was my time to upgrade I bought a oneplus 2. Both of us are very happy with our phones. Great display. Great battery life. Great performance.
    My son is due for a new phone soon. I can't wait to see what is coming up next.