Friday Lucky Draw - Round 5

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlbertoBN
    Cupcake May 6, 2016

AlbertoBN , May 6, 2016 :
    Saw it through android authority. Had a Galaxy S2 that needed urgent replacement. Somewhere in Cyber Monday of 2015 I managed to buy one for me and one for my wife. Two screen protectors later (each) with both rock a super fast and reliable phone (and always in stock rom as well).

2. saretdm
    Cupcake May 6, 2016

3. acegla
    Donut May 6, 2016

acegla , May 6, 2016 :
    Still using the OPO as my daily device, and still very glad about having it :). Was using a Samsung Galaxy S3 before, which I had to factory reset every about 6 months, being very time consuming. The OPO instead is still running with the first setup (of course, with the updates).

I had the luck to get it by around Aug. 2014 - another forum member posted that he was about to send it back, and I asked him if he would sell it to me. So 2 days later I had a OnePlus One in my hands (of course, two days later I got an invite code, which was then given to the forum here).

4. Khot46
    Gingerbread May 6, 2016

5. dark_nova
    Cupcake May 6, 2016

dark_nova , May 6, 2016 :
    Heard about OnePlus, an unknown company, releasing a modestly priced phone with astounding specs. It of course caught my attention, especially the part about running CyanogenMod 11S. I've long since given up CM when other options are available, and on my OPO, my daily driver still, I rock Omni. Great phone, and I hope to continue to use it for another couple years. Unless the next OnePlus iteration wins me over, of course... (OP2 lacked NFC. I like how it looks, but really?)

6. iztokv
    Cupcake May 6, 2016

iztokv , May 6, 2016 :
    have One+1 since july 2014, still working as new .. and this is my napshockfree addon
    oneplus1-napshockfree.gif

7. ldehaen
    Cupcake May 6, 2016

8. LordTalos
    Donut May 6, 2016

LordTalos , May 6, 2016 :
    Back in the day i had a Galaxy S3 but touchwiz was a nightmare for me, then i learned how to install Custom ROMs so i installed CyanogenMod and i fell in love with that software. but then my s3 was stolen. 1 week later without a smartphone i heard about this new ambitious company that is partnering with cyanogen to build a smartphone, i thought that was cool but when i saw the announcement and saw the beauty of the phone and how powerful yet cheap it is and all the hype about it, i knew that it has to be mine. i had an invite to buy it and bought the black sandstone 64gb, and I'm writing this comment with the exact same phone. and I'm planning to keep it until it's unfixably broken or stolen like my S3 :) i hope i win <3

9. designpatrol
    Froyo May 6, 2016

designpatrol , May 6, 2016 :
    Oh, how unstable my life was before OnePlus! Rooting phones was voiding the warranty, new handsets were chosen for me by the network, battery life was 6 hours. Now it's boring: fastboot, adb, bricking, unbricking and 3 OPOs in less than 8 months!

10. psx
    Gingerbread May 6, 2016

psx , May 6, 2016 :
    I'm still using my OnePlus One, I heard about the OnePlus from a friend at university when I told him which one is he using, after my last phone was really slow.

11. desp4649
    Donut May 6, 2016

desp4649 , May 6, 2016 :
    Wanted to buy a Nexus, then got angry at the european price of the 5x-6p. The Oneplus One was very open and supported by the developer community. My friend also had bought a used One and I was impressed by the build quality. So I ordered one for myself and been happy with it ever since.. only problem, the wall charger failed after using it once.

12. andrewsnydes2
    Cupcake May 6, 2016

andrewsnydes2 , May 6, 2016 :
    I was running a nexus 5 for a long time until it died on me and I didn't want to buy another used phone so I went big and bought a OPO a few months ago. One of my best purchases. It lasts so much better than any phone I've ever had and it over powers them all. I plan on rocking this phone for like 5 more years until I need a speed upgrade but this phone has made my life so much better. My brothers all had OP2s and said they were good phones but I didn't have a budget for the 2 so I went with the One after reading outstanding reviews. Favourite part about it was being able to get OxygenOS for it.

13. @imakiiz
    Cupcake May 6, 2016

@imakiiz , May 6, 2016 :
    Had to deal with KYC form for the first time. Why do customs even exist? Duhh

14. M.Carvalho
    Cupcake May 6, 2016

M.Carvalho , May 6, 2016 :
    Please be ME!!! :)

In 2014, I was in 10th grade with a shity ZTE phone and I made the call so that my next phone would be the one. At the time, I still didn't have the chosen one to replace it, but I decided to trust in a small new company which was making a fuss what my chosen one was the "One". Since the day it arrived I haven't been more pleased with a product, thank you OnePlus ;)

Last edited: May 6, 2016

15. dangitshard12
    Froyo May 6, 2016

dangitshard12 , May 6, 2016 :
    If I recall correctly i was using and old beaten down nexus 4, I haven't even heard of the one plus one till I google a video about. A flagship killer running all the high specs a 500 dollar phone had but at only 350. At first I could not believe it but I knew I had to have it, the invite system was hard for me but I knew as long as I perceiver it will come to me and it did! Know I'm still using the one plus one running marshmallow and eagerly awaiting the reveal of the one plus three! #NEVERSETTLE

16. youbi
    Head Moderator Head Moderator May 6, 2016

youbi , May 6, 2016 :
    @Nicole Q. That must have been an amazing experience. :) :hearteyes:

Time does fly, in tree days from now It will have passed two years since I joined this community.

And things have really changed since then, when I joined this forum I was a convicted IOS user, and just wanted to buy a new phone for my girlfriend birthday. :sweatsmile: But after a while, I end up switching the phone with my wife (she liked the opo, but it was a little big for her hands), and since then I'm an happy Oneplus user (opo and op2), so happy that I even become a mod here... :p :D :sweatsmile:

Last edited: May 6, 2016

17. heavik
    Gingerbread May 6, 2016

18. DiegoH97
    Donut May 6, 2016

DiegoH97 , May 6, 2016 :
    The One is the only phone for me right now, love it to death and it's still up to par with the competition. I was stuck with a way oversized Galaxy Note, and was limited by the 8GB built in memory. But then a collegue had this nice new phone. Oneplus he answered, when I asked about it. Invites were scarce, and I couldn't get my hands on them. Some Google searches later, and I bought 3 One's for me and the family after finding out a no-invite event weeks later. All 3 OPO's have been with us since then, and never stuttered once. Cyanogenmod opened up many doors, AudioFX made my earphones so much better, and the 64GB memory seemed endless. It's hard not to like the form factor, sandstone back and powerful performance, I can still see myself using this phone for a long time to come. Thanks Oneplus for an amazing product!

19. Wahoux
    Lollipop May 6, 2016

20. Samwiise
    Honeycomb May 6, 2016

Samwiise , May 6, 2016 :
    First time i see it on his box , my thinking was "is it jewel ?" And yes after opening i found another kind of jewels à Oneplus One
    I bought my opo from the launch of Oneplus and i still love it today, it's my phone!!!