Friends Of UK

1. shuvodeep
    Froyo Aug 22, 2014

shuvodeep , Aug 22, 2014 :
    @Polymer1 its not any better with videos and streaming mate.. its just a whole lot easier to use with presentations and documents.

khalaus likes this.
  2. theonlygolux
    Gingerbread Aug 22, 2014

theonlygolux , Aug 22, 2014 :

I've had no yellow screen, battery life is amazeballs vs what I came from (Galaxy S3) and easily lasts a day with an hour or two of tv and listening to audiobooks for 5+ hours. Wifi on full time (no issues that I have come across) but keep GPS and Bluetooth off unless using them. Camera is lovely, but not as quick to respond to the "take picture" press as G3 or S5 (and maybe not even S3, the autofocus isn't superb) Torch gesture definitely an issue, so turn gesture control off, because why would you want it on?

having said that, gestures wouldn't be an issue in a case in a pocket...

the only issue i have is that some apps think it's rooted when it's not, and others think it isn't at the same time.

rhysd2 likes this.
  3. theonlygolux
    Gingerbread Aug 22, 2014

4. cooperzak
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 22, 2014

cooperzak , Aug 22, 2014 :
    Thanks :) I may go get the EZ Cast now. Does it literally mirror the screen? I had a Z10 and that has a micro hdmi which just showed what was on your screen. what I would like to do is go on some sites to watch movies but transfer it to the TV for when im watching TV with the kids.

shuvodeep likes this.
  5. shuvodeep
    Froyo Aug 22, 2014

6. mcx999
    Donut Aug 22, 2014

mcx999 , Aug 22, 2014 :
    I've gotta say, I really enjoyed Bank Holiday Monday yesterday. Not sure if my boss did, though. He seems furious with me for some reason.

7. MustafaMohsen
    Gingerbread Aug 22, 2014

8. mcx999
    Donut Aug 22, 2014

9. PRobinson08
    Eclair Aug 22, 2014

10. khalaus
    Gingerbread Aug 22, 2014

11. MustafaMohsen
    Gingerbread Aug 22, 2014

12. AdeelEjaz
    Froyo Aug 22, 2014

AdeelEjaz , Aug 22, 2014 :
    Just checked Royal Mail website to see where the package was... half hoping it'd at least show it's been picked up from One Plus... To me surprise, it has been delivered! Can't wait to go home!!!!! :D :D :D :D

mcx999, Scatty, Proioxix and 5 others like this.
  13. ackblom
    Eclair Aug 22, 2014

ackblom , Aug 22, 2014 :
    I've just been given an invite! This means I no longer need one but my shareable invites will still go to the people from this thread :)

PRobinson08, Scatty, Proioxix and 6 others like this.
  14. MustafaMohsen
    Gingerbread Aug 22, 2014

15. mcx999
    Donut Aug 22, 2014

mcx999 , Aug 22, 2014 :
    MPs are considering renaming this Bank Holiday after the late Margaret Thatcher. I can't think of a more fitting tribute to her legacy than telling people not to bother coming in to work on Monday.

c4chilli, Badmonkey63 and khalaus like this.
  16. khalaus
    Gingerbread Aug 22, 2014

khalaus , Aug 22, 2014 :
    aah, that's pretty cool, I don't actually use Chromecast other than for videos, so I guess that's why I've never had those issues! I'll look into EZ-Cast, cheers for that

shuvodeep likes this.
  17. shuvodeep
    Froyo Aug 22, 2014

shuvodeep , Aug 22, 2014 :
    @cooperzak yep, thats exactly what i use it for. absolutely anything on the phone screen transferred to tv. be it office docs, random movie you're watching or a website. true mirroring. read my review here : amazon

i really needed this thing for client presentations i was doing at the time. served me well. bear in mind video quality might not be top notch at 1080p but at 720p its very good.

cooperzak likes this.
  18. MustafaMohsen
    Gingerbread Aug 22, 2014

19. cooperzak
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 22, 2014

cooperzak , Aug 22, 2014 :
    Just ordered the EZCast now. thanks for the heads up @khalaus ~The reviews look pretty good. this was the exact thing I was looking for. I will post my thoughts on it when it gets here as I would like to use it with GenVideos, Zmovies Etc....

shuvodeep and mcx999 like this.
  20. khalaus
    Gingerbread Aug 22, 2014

khalaus , Aug 22, 2014 :
    Yellow Band issue: it is not much with the newer builds, looks like they've solved it.

Torch Issue: The 30O update fixed the torch issue

Camera Problems: Mine is absolutely fine, new update brought some cool features.

Battery drain: It lasts 24 hrs, fix released today.

Wifi Issues: Update fixed any issues, people complained. Mine has no problems.