Friends Of UK

1. bobbydrake
    Gingerbread Aug 4, 2014

bobbydrake , Aug 4, 2014 :
    I haven't bothered trying to get in touch with them - I will give them a few more days I think as I'm not that desperate yet. They are probably being inundated with emails so maybe only answering the problem ones at the moment. I would give them the benefit of the doubt for the moment if I were you - from the looks of it on here I reckon another 1-2 days for delivery hopefully.

Makay and hawksface like this.
  2. iainedwardsmith_
    Cupcake Aug 4, 2014

iainedwardsmith_ , Aug 4, 2014 :
    I ordered on the evening of the 28th and only got mine today, so a week for delivery isn't entirely unreasonable. I think anything over 10 days without notification that it's been delayed and I'd get annoyed (still might as my wife's ordered on the 30th is still pending), but not worth writing off the company for.

3. sam5mith
    Donut Aug 4, 2014

sam5mith , Aug 4, 2014 :
    Thanks for the reply :D

4. scoi
    Gingerbread Aug 4, 2014

scoi , Aug 4, 2014 :
    Begging does not work in here i'm afraid.

We've all heard many stories as to why someone is more deserving than others. If yours is true, head down to Tesco and buy 50 quid handset.

Unfortunately we all know that someone in that situation would not be spending their time hunting an invite and waiting days for a delivery. You will probably end up blocked.

5. mattmanwrx
    Cupcake Aug 4, 2014

mattmanwrx , Aug 4, 2014 :
    Yes, when the say that it will ship within 3 business days, and it doesn't. And I pay "double the shipping price" to get it here before my holiday, and still don't get it in time. Very disappointed, and as said, would not recommend the product through OnePlus. Wait for it to come to the shops and buy it. Same with my Google Glass. I was on the phone to the Glass Support team for over an hour, because of the poor shipping from ParcelForce. I hope I made an impact, and they no longer use ParcelForce, however i doubt that is the case.

6. sam5mith
    Donut Aug 4, 2014

sam5mith , Aug 4, 2014 :
    Yeah, I had the feeling stocks where low from people raging on other boards

Thanks for the reply :D

7. scoi
    Gingerbread Aug 4, 2014

scoi , Aug 4, 2014 :
    I agree. I would be peed off if I paid express while standard delivery gets them in 2 days. They need to keep stock levels healthier if they are going to offer express at a premium.

8. mattmanwrx
    Cupcake Aug 4, 2014

mattmanwrx , Aug 4, 2014 :
    Again, that isn't bad. I wouldn't mind that. What I do mind is that I do not know when it is coming. What I don't like is that they cannot update me with the tracking number that they said they would. And that they don't reply to the support tickets I have requested.

9. a.jeelani
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2014

a.jeelani , Aug 4, 2014 :
    it is always safer to pay by credit card and yes you have money back option always open. good luck:)

10. platforma
    Donut Aug 4, 2014

platforma , Aug 4, 2014 :
    Received the phone, finally. DHL said "end of the day", Mr. DHL guy has just been here, 2pm...

RebeccaR, nicjef, ken218 and 5 others like this.
  11. Casper5555
    Gingerbread Aug 4, 2014

Casper5555 , Aug 4, 2014 :
    No I don't know how long each step takes but hey at least it's order there is a lot of people on here that have not had an invite yet, mine was ordered same as yourself on the 31st I'm not expecting till at least Friday, would be happy with that but that not with express delivery.
    Cheers

12. Casper5555
    Gingerbread Aug 4, 2014

Brilliant have fun, will not see for a day or so then, enjoy.....

platforma likes this.
  13. a.jeelani
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2014

a.jeelani , Aug 4, 2014 :
    congrats have fun:)

platforma likes this.
  14. platforma
    Donut Aug 4, 2014

platforma , Aug 4, 2014 :
    Cheers, will do :3
    I'll come back with first impressions. The usual: "ZOMG it's big, battery is cool, yellow tint"

Wix2444 likes this.
  15. Servo123
    Froyo Aug 4, 2014

Servo123 , Aug 4, 2014 :
    Hello to all from sunny Manchester ! err... doesn't quite sound right that .... Im sure normal weather service will be resumed soon

Wix2444 likes this.
  16. tye359
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 4, 2014

tye359 , Aug 4, 2014 :
    i got mine last week and i am loving it so far!

I have noticed a bug with snapchat though, when you switch from the front to the rear camera or vice versa it crashes the camera app and can only be fixed from a reboot :confused:

17. Casper5555
    Gingerbread Aug 4, 2014

That's a new one not heard of that before, have a word with the powers that be, but I think that may have enough to do at present with the amount of forum members who are not happy the delivery times....

18. Casper5555
    Gingerbread Aug 4, 2014

Hi servo 123, sunny in Manchester never.... Fantastic over the border with the white rose blooming.....

Wix2444 and Servo123 like this.
  19. TheTubTruck
    Jelly Bean Aug 4, 2014

TheTubTruck , Aug 4, 2014 :
    It's OK, I only use my Nexus 7 for Youtube and the odd game and it's fine for that. The battery life is so much better in Android L. I would say you can tell it's not finished, It's just little glitches now and then. The main problem with it though is ART, Android L runs on ART instead of Dalvik, so quite a few apps aren't compatible.

vassy.uk likes this.
  20. vassy.uk
    Jelly Bean Aug 4, 2014

vassy.uk , Aug 4, 2014 :
    Thanks mate... i guess i'll just wait a little longer for the final one to be released :)