From iPhone to Oneplus 5t

1. Brian Cohen
    Honeycomb Feb 16, 2018

Brian Cohen , Feb 16, 2018 :
    So you're the typical person that gets mad over a like huh?

2. Miyazato
    Gingerbread Feb 16, 2018

Miyazato , Feb 16, 2018 :
    You should've bought Google Pixel 2 XL, instead of piece of crap like OnePlus..

3. Baymax
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Feb 16, 2018

Baymax , Feb 16, 2018 :
    Well, it looks like XDA has some sort of one handed mode solution. I may try it myself to see if it works when I get my razer Phone back. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xda.onehandedmode

You can sort of customize what the alert slider does. Depends on how far you want to customize it though. The middle option is Do Not Disturb though .

idkwhoiam322 likes this.
  4. Baymax

Baymax , Feb 16, 2018 :
    Last iPhone was the 5T? Had no idea that Apple made a 5T :D

Rizla and idkwhoiam322 like this.
  5. Baymax

Baymax , Feb 16, 2018 :
    It happens sometimes. You can fat finger the reply button and hit the like button sometimes. Happens more times than I'd like to admit.

idkwhoiam322 likes this.
  6. Rizla
    Jelly Bean Feb 16, 2018

Rizla , Feb 16, 2018 :
    Haha sorry 5S :D

Because I liked the top part of his post. What's wrong with that?

Baymax likes this.
  7. lovenhjelm
    Donut Feb 16, 2018

lovenhjelm , Feb 16, 2018 :
    well, according to every possible test, the Pixel2 is better at one thing and one thing only, the camera. Kudos to that, but if I wanted a camera, I'd buy one.

The OnePlus 5T, is at the moment, the best over all smartphone. Don't just take my word for it, google it [e]1f601[/e]

Rizla likes this.
  8. max.escalante
    Froyo Feb 16, 2018

max.escalante , Feb 16, 2018 :
    What I miss from the iPhone: the Gestures and Reachability, those things were really useful and I think OnePlus should consider getting at least the Reachability

9. Baymax

Baymax , Feb 16, 2018 :
    actually, that title goes to the Note 8. It is the best overall package out there.[​IMG]

10. lovenhjelm
    Donut Feb 16, 2018

Like I said, just google it..

11. Baymax

Baymax , Feb 16, 2018 :
    I googled it. My findings seems to reflect what I said [​IMG]

12. lovenhjelm
    Donut Feb 16, 2018

ok then, I challenge all of you that wonders about who has the "right" source. Check out every OnePlus VS Samsung (any device) on youtube.
    See for yourself If I'm right or wrong.
    Yes people, we have a winner [e]1f609[/e]

13. rslira
    Donut Feb 16, 2018

rslira , Feb 16, 2018 :
    Guys I have just received my OP5T white. I have been using for few hours and have not pickup my iPhone x. I am worried as this may become my main driver However a little sad that Bluetooth keeps dropping and no audio when paired with my BMW. CAN ANYONE help? Really I would be much obliged.

14. G_Swtiris_Karamellios_Dz
    Cupcake Feb 16, 2018

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018

DaDMel14 likes this.
  15. Rizla
    Jelly Bean Feb 16, 2018

lovenhjelm and rslira like this.
  16. Baymax
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Feb 17, 2018

Baymax , Feb 17, 2018 :
    You said to Google it, not youtube it.

Websites all say the best overall package is the Note 8. I don't like Samsung but I will agree that the Note 8 is very good.

So I challenge people to find a source that doesn't have the Note 8 or S8 at the top of the list.
    So I will steal what you said here.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018

Rizla likes this.
  17. victorzmartin
    Honeycomb Feb 17, 2018

victorzmartin , Feb 17, 2018 :
    i got what you are saying mate!! lasts 4 years with an iPhone, and I miss some details, like the double tap upper screen to go back to the top, swipe gestures inside the Spotify app to create a queue and others

but it's just small things, overall I'm loving the experience!!

Rizla likes this.
  18. MentalDraco
    Marshmallow Feb 17, 2018

19. derLenno
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Feb 17, 2018

derLenno , Feb 17, 2018 :
    These are two very nice propositions.

First about the DND schedule. One can't really argue its positive influence on usability.
    However, I think it'll never be an official thing to happen. It interferes with the logic behind the alert slider. Sure, it COULD be there. But it would be too much, too confusing, for the average user. So it won't make it into the finished product that's publicly sold and aimed as an audience as wide as possible.
    If I remember correctly, the iPhone has some sort of switch or slider too. How is it handled there? Does the software just override hardware or is the effect the switch has on the phone independent from DND?

About the second one - it's a great idea. There are some apps that allow you to do this - they don't come without the inconvenience of having to do this manually though. With the iPhone X-ish gestures implemented into the betas already, I don't see how this feature wouldn't make it into Oxygen at any point. Maybe it's due to the nature of Android that half of the apps are still made for version 4.X - so some sort of API would be missing to make this happen on Android phones.

btw what's with the Apple haters here? Grow up guys and stop acting so unbelievably childish.

DaDMel14 likes this.
  20. O1514822293757
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 17, 2018

O1514822293757 , Feb 17, 2018 :
    dude...
    u r in a OnePlus forum and praising the iPhone....
    as u realise the OnePlus fan boys don't like it.
    the primary objective of a phone is to make a phone call...the OnePlus fan boys don't do that kind of useless nonsense...
    they only chat and chat with their virtual friends...and they use the 5t as an internet device..

pls continue this discussion as I would.like to know more about the differences between the iPhone and 5t in terms of user experience.