Front camera collecting dust

1. mrkalns
    Eclair Jul 19, 2018

mrkalns , Jul 19, 2018 :
    Hi, OP Community!
    1531994282702.jpg
    My OP 3 T has started to collect dust on the inside of my front camera (under the screen). It is not under a screen protector. Do you think that might be something that is covered by warranty?

2. Sun90
    Starting Point Expert Jul 19, 2018

Sun90 , Jul 19, 2018 :
    Afaik No.
    But visit a nearby oneplus service center to get it checked or call customer support.

3. mrkalns
    Eclair Jul 21, 2018

mrkalns , Jul 21, 2018 :
    I just noticed that the upper left corner of the screen has come loose a tiny bit and that is what allows to let some tiny dust particles in. I'm guessing that could have happened either on its own over time or from an accidental drop. I'm guessing that if I send it in for repairs, it will not be covered by warranty because there is no way of knowing.

4. Kathiresh0797
    Froyo Jul 21, 2018

Kathiresh0797 , Jul 21, 2018 :
    Go to OnePlus service centre they will clean and give you..Me too cleaned they didn't charged me(without warranty)

5. Padala Sandeep
    Gingerbread Jan 13, 2019

Padala Sandeep , Jan 13, 2019 :
    Did they fixed the glue part as well?

6. Padala Sandeep
    Gingerbread Jan 13, 2019

Padala Sandeep , Jan 13, 2019 :
    Same issue!!

7. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Jan 13, 2019

8. Padala Sandeep
    Gingerbread Jan 13, 2019

9. Yashvendra_Singh_Raghav
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 13, 2019

Yashvendra_Singh_Raghav , Jan 13, 2019 :
    this is seriously a headache .. i also having this issue... of dust.. in my op5 rear cemera.
    many times i go to service centre.. they just clean the dust.
    but main issue was rear cemera protection glass along with thin decoration ring was popping out.
    then i go to one plus exclusive service centre .
    they replaced back panel and rear cemera.
    as my op5 was in servify extended warranty.

possible reason
    1.may be your display is not perfectly fitted .. or there is gap between the display frame and screen... thats y dust is going in cemera.
    2. very few changes are there... this dust is going on front cemera..due back panel.

10. Yashvendra_Singh_Raghav
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 13, 2019

Yashvendra_Singh_Raghav , Jan 13, 2019 :
    possible fix.
    may be ur display along with display fram hv to be replaced.
    second ur back panel( i dpnt think this is faulty).

go for one plus ESC service centre... only.
    they serve their customers better.
    (i hd bad experience with op authorised service... they are just made to create new issue.... i got dust issue because of them)

11. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Jan 13, 2019

ghostofcain , Jan 13, 2019 :
    I've no idea, but the only sensible solution would be to visit a OnePlus service centre.

12. Kathiresh0797
    Froyo Jan 13, 2019

Kathiresh0797 , Jan 13, 2019 :
    No they only cleaned and they said there is a gap between display and back panel you need to change display...

13. G_Rakesh_Solanki_KZqd
    Cupcake Jan 13, 2019

G_Rakesh_Solanki_KZqd , Jan 13, 2019 :
    I got this same issue for my OnePlus 3t. I stay at Mumbai so I went to Borivali West service centre to get this clean. They cleaned it and Charged me 450 Rs. This was the story visiting OnePlus service centre. After one week my camera was same blurry and full of Dust. I went to the same service centre, have shown them the same receipt that they gave me when they charged me for the first time. lines by service guy "aapka camera me aur screen me gap hai isliye usme dust ja Raha hai, ab hum isko thik nai kar sakte. repair it from local shops. I told him to please clean it once so that I will get this stick from outside. He said no go to local shops they will do it. " So I guess OnePlus service centres don't have capabilities to solve this issue after charging their customers. Very Bad Experience #OnePlus

14. npatel70
    Honeycomb Jan 13, 2019

npatel70 , Jan 13, 2019 :
    Whether or not you pinpoint the issue causing the problem the 3T is too old to be covered by warranty

15. G_נווה_בית_הלח
    Donut Jan 13, 2019

16. Yashvendra_Singh_Raghav
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 14, 2019

Yashvendra_Singh_Raghav , Jan 14, 2019 :
    u mist br having servify extended warranty.
    u should 1st contact to servify via twitter.
    explain ur problem.
    nd try to say thst display is faulty .. i need this to be replaced.

nd then go to one plus ESC... once the paas the claim ur display along with frame will b replaced for free