Front camera not working via OnePlus 9 Pro

EulDuke likes this.
  2. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Oct 19, 2021

pablofg1978 , Oct 19, 2021 :
    hello there,
    Can you describe your issue properly?

3. shilakumari7050 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Oct 19, 2021 :
    The front camera on my OnePlus 7 pro has stopped working suddenly. It pops open and then closes. It was initially taking some time to work but has completely stopped working now.
    A lot of users are facing this. Please fix this issue. It is not hardware related as there's been no damage to the phone . It was working fine and then suddenly stopped working.

Jparejav likes this.
  4. pablofg1978

I would advise you to contact support or visit a service center
    Https://oneplus.com/support
    It looks like a defect or damaged camera module

5. EulDuke
    Donut Oct 19, 2021

EulDuke , Oct 19, 2021 :
    This is not a hardware problem in any way. Many people suddenly experience this problem; is this normal for you? There is no service centre in France.
    I have exactly the same problem, however, my phone has never been dropped, has always been protected by a shell, and tempered glass. And all of a sudden, it doesn't work anymore, even though there was no problem in the morning.

OnePlus doesn't care about our OnePlus7Pro. The only answers are for the recent models (OnePlus9 and OnePlus9Pro).
    It would be nice if OnePlus cared about their older customers or they will lose them.

I've been a OnePlus customer for almost 7 years and this is the first time I've encountered such a problem. And to see no reactivity, except asking us to pay for a repair because of the software, it's pitiful and scandalous.

zingero likes this.
  6. pablofg1978

The front camera have moving parts that can be affected by wear and tear.
    Like I said, contact support and send your device for inspection.
    If your device still have warranty you should not be charged for the repair.

7. zingero
    Cupcake Oct 24, 2021

zingero , Oct 24, 2021 :
    Same deal here.
    After upgrading to the latest version in early Sep. 2021, my selfie camera stopped working.
    Last week I rebooted my device and my rear cameras and the flashlight stopped working.
    Cleaning the App's storage/cache and rebooting the device doesn't help.
    Is it possible to downgrade to the version I had before the one in early Sep. 2021? If so, please let me know?

Such a shame a company this big and successful kills their product 28 months after release. I had the OnePlus One and I recommended to my brother and GF to buy the 8T.
    My next phone will surely be not a OnePlus.

EulDuke likes this.
  8. Jparejav
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2021

Jparejav , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 31, 2021 :
    A mí me pasa exactamente igual. He actualizado a la última versión y continua el problema. No sé qué hacer