[Answered] Frozen Clock

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deactivated User
    Jan 18, 2017

Deactivated User , Jan 18, 2017 :
    Apologies, this thread has been deleted by author.

kanonbal17, awcy4eva, snappy and 2 others like this.
  2. Kalinger
    Cupcake Jan 19, 2017

Kalinger , Jan 19, 2017 :
    I had the same problem this morning, with an alarm set for 7:05. For now, I've enabled the statusbar setting to show seconds in the time, so I'll at least be able to tell easily when it freezes. This is really a shocking issue - keeping a clock running seems like a really basic and important function.

Details: OP 3T running OxygenOS 4.0.1
    Statusbar clock froze at 7:05. I was able to get it to update by going into the statusbar settings and switching to "show hours, minutes, and seconds", but the clock didn't start running again, just got stuck at the time when I changed to that setting. I could only get the clock to run again by restarting my phone. While this was happening, I noticed that the clock in the top left of the notification area was frozen at a different time - 7:09. (I noticed the frozen clock around 7:20).

This is very concerning - I'm not sure whether to trust the clock or alarm functions of my phone any more.

3. angiex33
    Cupcake Jan 26, 2017

angiex33 , Jan 26, 2017 :
    This just happened to me. Alarm ⏰ set at 7:45, dismissed it, then the time in status bar is frozen at 7:45.

4. awcy4eva
    Donut Feb 2, 2017

awcy4eva , Feb 2, 2017 :
    Same thing happened to me yesterday (1/2/17)! Was almost late for a course!

kanonbal17 likes this.
  5. awcy4eva
    Donut Feb 2, 2017

awcy4eva , Feb 2, 2017 :
    Also would like to mention that I only noticed the time on the status bar was stuck because the lock screen clock was alright!

6. jezgibson
    Froyo Feb 6, 2017

jezgibson , Feb 6, 2017 :
    me too. clock on home screen frozen but on lock and in settings it appears correct. not aware of any recent updates that could have added the bug

kanonbal17 likes this.
  7. giucip
    Eclair Feb 6, 2017

giucip , Feb 6, 2017 :
    Same here.
    Clock on home screen frozen but on lock and in settings it appears correct.

8. casharabh
    Cupcake Feb 16, 2017

9. fuwabunbun
    Cupcake Feb 19, 2017

fuwabunbun , Feb 19, 2017 :
    I just experienced the same problem. Fixed it by going into settings, status bar, and toggling the time display between the three options and finally leaving it at the one that shows second.

10. Suroh1994
    Cupcake Feb 27, 2017

Suroh1994 , Feb 27, 2017 :
    I have had a similiar situation today. I was watching youtube videos and realized my clock was frozen. Some how I got it to work again (can't remember how) but soon after it froze again. For me, the clock in the notificationcenter continued to work properly, even though i could see it update, when i pulled down the menu. Normally it would display the right time before i even saw the clock and now i would see the old time until the clock was fully displayed.

Device OnePlus 3 Running OxygenOS 4.0.3 OTA updated

11. Armeddy
    Cupcake Mar 6, 2017

Armeddy , Mar 6, 2017 :
    I have just experienced the same issue of my cock freezing at the time of the alarm. only thing I might have done differently than usual was to dismiss the alarm via the pop-up notification, rather than the alarm (lock?) screen where you have to slide the dismiss or snooze buttons. :/

12. G_Marius_Ciuciu_TVpd
    Cupcake Mar 21, 2017

G_Marius_Ciuciu_TVpd , Mar 21, 2017 :
    clock did not go off for me either, and when i opened the app, it froze then unfroze and so on, I tried changing alarm tone and noticed it did not ring white selecting through tones, then opens up YouTube and I hit play and that froze. rebooted the phone and it got back to normal. sound problem? I am scared the alarm won't ring again next time. OnePlus, please look into this and maybe update the clock app as well so the bottom portion of the widget won't take that empty space up anymore. hope this gets fixed soon...

13. G_Marius_Ciuciu_TVpd
    Cupcake Mar 21, 2017

14. kanonbal17
    Cupcake Apr 18, 2017

kanonbal17 , Apr 18, 2017 :
    This morning was the 3 time happening to me in about a year time! I woke up at 06:10 because om my mother telling me why I wasn't up yet to prepare for work, I have a alarm ready at 06:00, 06:05 and 06:30 to leave to work and I see on my phone it's 05:45 so I yell at my mother I still got 15 minutes, suddenly my phone changes to the correct time again and it emediatly says my first 2 alarms are missed.... I can't have this happening! It's very important for my work! I don't trust the alarm/clock on this phone anymore, I noticed the hour on the lockscreen was still correct and on my home screen, but on the top right it was wrong.... Fix this clock thing, it's maybe a small thing, but it's something big for people that really rely on there alarm/clock!

15. baneboy
    Cupcake Oct 12, 2017

baneboy , Oct 12, 2017 :
    Hey I fix this problem, I simply changed the wallpaper by holding my finger down on the home screen and when I change the home screen wallpaper it also got rid of the Frozen clock and notifications that were stuck there.

16. Jeff Lee
    Eclair Jul 2, 2018

Jeff Lee , Jul 2, 2018 :
    Hi @cimbrum,

Good day! This is from OnePlus Bug Hunters.

How are you doing? If the issue still persists on the same build, then we highly recommend that you install the latest software updates that were released. If the same issue is present on the latest build , we further suggest that you create a new thread with the updated details. For any other bug report, please create a different thread for each one.

On that note, please be informed that we will now close this thread.

Thank you and have a great day.