Guide [Full Guide] Setting drivers up, unlocking bootloader, flashing recovery, roms, kernels & rooting

1. Mystostar
    Honeycomb Apr 6, 2015

DaxNagtegaal likes this.
  2. DaxNagtegaal
    Marshmallow Apr 6, 2015

3. DaxNagtegaal
    Marshmallow Apr 6, 2015

DaxNagtegaal , Apr 6, 2015 :
    Awesome, do you mind if I PM you about this after I write it out so you can check it for mistakes?

4. m.pratham
    Jelly Bean Apr 6, 2015

DaxNagtegaal likes this.
  5. scrivz69
    Jelly Bean Apr 6, 2015

DaxNagtegaal likes this.
  6. DaxNagtegaal
    Marshmallow Apr 6, 2015

Always give credit where it's due, your guide is awesome. I followed it months ago when I got my One.
    One question; Vonnegut had this auto backup script which I'd like to include for the lazy ones, it generates a folder of .bak files which I'm not sure what to do with. I assume that you rename them to the proper extention and flash them? Are they all .bin files?

Didn't want to include it unless I was sure about this.
    Lol maybe you should consider not clicking on the ads like you were taught since the first time you used the Internet. Or get an ad blocker.
    That would be awesome, yes, do you have Skype?

7. sup3rb
    Gingerbread Apr 6, 2015

btirona and DaxNagtegaal like this.
  8. Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Moderator Moderator Apr 6, 2015

9. Neymarinho
    Froyo Apr 6, 2015

Neymarinho , Apr 6, 2015 :
    When I type the command "fastboot oem unlock" the data doesn't get wiped from my phone nor does it start over again. Any suggestions @DaxNagtegaal

Drivers are installed properly. Fastboot seems to be unlocked (true). Tried rooting before and it worked. Recently I updated my phone with the ota 05q (and lost root), but now I can't seem to root my phone.

10. timmaaa
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 6, 2015

timmaaa , Apr 6, 2015 :
    Yes I'm pretty sure you just rename the files to their appropriate extensions and flash with fastboot. They're not all .bin files, for example system and recovery are .img files. Honestly, I think that backup script is overkill anyway seeing as you can just use the stock images to revive a phone anyway. I'm probably going to remove that small section from my guide.

11. timmaaa
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 6, 2015

timmaaa , Apr 6, 2015 :
    Your bootloader is still unlocked from the first time you unlocked it. Losing root during an update doesn't lock your bootloader. Having root and having an unlocked bootloader aren't the same thing, they're two entirely different things.All you need to do is flash SuperSU from your custom recovery and you'll have root again.

12. Mystostar
    Honeycomb Apr 6, 2015

Mystostar , Apr 6, 2015 :
    I do have skype but no mic, but we can chat about this if you want,

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015

13. Neymarinho
    Froyo Apr 6, 2015

@timmaaa I can't seem to get in my custom recovery anymore. When I press down + power on I get in cyanogen (standard) recovery screen. Do you know that to do?

14. DaxNagtegaal
    Marshmallow Apr 6, 2015

Hmm, I think I'll leave it out too then.. Unless the things it backs up are really important, it's a bunch of partitions.. DDR, ssd, persist 1 to 4, reserve, misc, DRIVER and some more that's all I remember..

I think there have been some instances of people not being able to root again after the 05Q ota, he should look up what to do because I don't remember
    I don't like calling, chatting was the idea :)

You might want to remove your Skype from a public forum and PM it to me instead :p

15. DaxNagtegaal
    Marshmallow Apr 6, 2015

Hector please read and follow part 3 of the guide to install twrp.

16. Mystostar
    Honeycomb Apr 6, 2015

Mystostar , Apr 6, 2015 :
    well it's not my public one, it's the one for strangers xD

DaxNagtegaal likes this.
  17. DaxNagtegaal
    Marshmallow Apr 6, 2015

Ahh okay

18. Neymarinho
    Froyo Apr 6, 2015