Full OnePlus One Camera Guide, Including Third Party Apps

1. Joe90
    Honeycomb Mar 10, 2015

Joe90 , Mar 10, 2015 :
    @TheJames - Many thanks for your excellent guide; I had no idea of the potential of OPO's camera.
    I will be returning to study and try to put into practise this detailed information.
    Definitely as said @cdisxm earlier this guide will hopefully qualify for a sticky:

cdisxm
    Level: KitKat
    TheJames said: ↑
    “Full” OnePlus One Camera/Photo Guide

If this guide does not get elevated to the level of Sticky,
    then I don't know what will.

Thank you for taking so much of your time to methodically and painstakingly document this guide.
    I have been off the forum for the past month due to sickness and I awoke to see this gem. Awesome!!!

Please @Dexter Morgan @drmartin @Dominick M @thepanttherlady @Adam Krisko @Waterdroid @Sparkolo @xaser240 @dsmonteiro @Skizz @nguser @So_ony @Seijmo @Chinda @GregOrevo @Martin Hotmann @Shuffler505 @moonwitch @muddy46 @maccamania @Pringles @Mark Falsing @Robert W @PLPeeters @Sam_in_PGH @J0han @Vinkel @DRCH @sp99 @BrettPlusOne @kp1234 @kovalski @RubixRae @script @puma95 @kaptainen @BeAlive75 @domifer @Jevoly @finaldentiny @youbi @Sergiorodrigues1974 @keith ip @izaka @ram gupta @Garzla @stfsad read this and get on board to support this member, so his valuable contribution to the forum is not buried with all the criticisms of this camera module and lets us get great results out of the Sony EXMOR camera from an exceptional ONE+1.

This is the first time I have seen anything worth pinging every mod and admin for.

French Caribbean island of Saint Martin - Joined: Aug 24, 2014 - Member #198,163
    Boot Unlocked, Rooted: Kit Kat , Nov 4, 2014, CM11 kernel - waiting for stable L.
    INVITES - Received: 5 | Shared with Community: 16 | Used: 14 | Wasted: 2
    HOW TO GET AN INVITE HERE - MY ASSESSMENT OF ONEPLUS
    Get Ready for your Invite - How BIG is your Ratio? (for laughs)
    cdisxm, Sunday at 3:52 PM Report#14Like− QuoteReply
    TheJames likes this.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015

1tontomato likes this.
  2. TheJames
    Jelly Bean Mar 10, 2015

TheJames , Mar 10, 2015 :
    Thank you for commenting and your support. It keeps the thread alive.

3. firefly5
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 10, 2015

firefly5 , Mar 10, 2015 :
    Thanks for a very clear and comprehensive camera guide. I was hoping for pointers to the AK-47 of cameras for the OPO but it looks like I will have to suck it up and learn how to use the various cameras' strong suits under different conditions.

4. Kochens
    Honeycomb Mar 10, 2015

5. TheJames
    Jelly Bean Mar 10, 2015

TheJames , Mar 10, 2015 :
    Personally i Reccomend color OS camera app if you want a good point and clicker. It has really awesome plug in's . Burst mode for moving subjects (Gif is also fun), there's a night mode and even slow shutter very complete darkness(stabilize it some how for those shots). In bright lights its also great with 50mp option. I really stress picking a camera and mastering it so you know what it will do. Although there are better apps, I feel it is the best for real life situations.

Edit: or you can go really simple and go google camera. What ever happens, remember tap to focus and youll be fine.

firefly5 likes this.
  6. TheJames
    Jelly Bean Mar 11, 2015

TheJames , Mar 11, 2015 :
    Im having a hard time with perfect cover photo? should I go get a good shot or will this do?
    [​IMG]

7. T3STY
    Honeycomb Mar 12, 2015

T3STY , Mar 12, 2015 :
    Not a bad photo, noise is almost non existent, which shows the pro skills you have in using custom settings :)
    However those lights look a bit too blurred, or maybe not as clear as they should. If you could take some other night photos maybe you'll have more to discuss about between them, so you'll be able to choose the one that makes more sense.

script and TheJames like this.
  8. TheJames
    Jelly Bean Mar 12, 2015

TheJames , Mar 12, 2015 :
    Here are a bunch of night shots I took.
    I took them back in november when the weather was - better.
    I just got a tripod and cant wait to get back out there now that the snow is clearing.

Kingston at night

Cyanogen 38r Stock app with RAW and Photoshop express
    http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l215/mabus_911/darkness_zpskdyt6lrw.png
    http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l215/mabus_911/5_zps1hindtmq.png
    http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l215/mabus_911/7_zpsdibx08ag.jpg
    http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l215/mabus_911/8_zpsnfocoa8z.jpg
    http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l215/mabus_911/darkness_zpskdyt6lrw.png
    http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l215/mabus_911/2_zps4ou4rowu.jpg
    http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l215/mabus_911/4_zpsouhta6gl.jpg

fv-5 before RAW support
    http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l215/mabus_911/10_zpspe3etnc2.png

please note the RAW's are gone. I deleted 5gb of DNG files a few weeks ago

One Question- Am I the only one who still favors the stock app?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015

9. KeyserSoze
    Honeycomb Mar 12, 2015

KeyserSoze , Mar 12, 2015 :
    i am using Google cam for photosphere and panorama, colorOS for 50mp option (on daylight) and selfies, and in any other situation im using camera fv-5 and cameraNext Modded.

10. T3STY
    Honeycomb Mar 16, 2015

T3STY , Mar 16, 2015 :
    These two are probably the best ones. I like the first link (the one with ChuckEcheese'S) more than the other though. It clearly shows some good overall image lighting in a low light (almost dark) environment*, which most of the times is what people would like to take a snap of.

* there are neon lights which most cameras will get blinded when pointed towards, so the image gets either over exposed or under exposed (the latter is more frequent, where you can only see the neon lights and very very slightly the rest of the environment...). In your photo you have got an awesome light exposure balance, I love it!

..I don't know.. I guess so... I just paid 2,99€ for Camera FV-5 and 2€ for Cinema FV-5 :D

11. TheJames
    Jelly Bean Mar 19, 2015

TheJames , Mar 19, 2015 :
    Bump
    updated new cover photo

12. GotItBro
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 19, 2015

13. TheJames
    Jelly Bean Mar 20, 2015

TheJames , Mar 20, 2015 :
    it does this the advanced version that replaced the shorter guide. I know i need to trim it,

14. teckboy30
    Gingerbread Mar 20, 2015

stephenlotus likes this.
  15. GotItBro
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 20, 2015

GotItBro , Mar 20, 2015 :
    I've read that already. You write awesome guides. Are you a Profesional photographer.

16. aurelio garcia
    Eclair Mar 20, 2015

17. TheJames
    Jelly Bean Mar 20, 2015

TheJames , Mar 20, 2015 :
    Google camera is high reccomended for that.

18. wilsmits
    Jelly Bean Mar 21, 2015

19. script
    Nougat Moderator Mar 21, 2015

script , Mar 21, 2015 :
    I take 70% with the old stock cam, 25% with fv5, 5% with oppo cam.

Fv5 seems to compress the pics lower than other apps; the pics have the double amount of mb. Oppo cam is more colorful. Stock cam has smallest file size.

Hmm. I think, fv5 has the best results. I'm going for fv5, when I want to take a real picture.

Oppo 50mp is...... fun. Not much better than clear image.

Haven't tried camera next modded. This should be really cool. I'll test it next week.

Google cam is awesome for photosphere and good for panorama.

Greetz, script

20. cbafever
    Cupcake Mar 23, 2015

cbafever , Mar 23, 2015 :
    I have a question/problem. Maybe since you know so much about photos with the OPO I thought I would ask. Do any of you have problems with sending pictures via messagin? Every time I send an image via text messaging the photo in messaging becomes so pixelated. The person on the receiving end has the same problem. I tried downloading the google camera and same thing happens. Anything that you guys think could be causing the problem?