Full OnePlus One Camera Guide, Including Third Party Apps

1. hastaguy
    Honeycomb Apr 27, 2015

hastaguy , Apr 27, 2015 :
    Damn. I was always searching for a guide like this. Thank you soooo much brother for creating this epic thread.. Will read each and every point in detail..

2. Spyrious
    Gingerbread May 5, 2015

Spyrious , May 5, 2015 :
    Hi.I'm a photo noob.I want an app that takes better photos (color,brightnes,saturation etc.) out of the box,or if i can configure it one time and be set.Cm camera takes over exposed pics.Thanks

TheJames likes this.
  3. TheJames
    Jelly Bean May 5, 2015

TheJames , May 5, 2015 :
    Leaving exposure on center weighted is a huge problem. Changing that would be a huge help. Still, if your looking for a simpler app there is Colour Os ( 50mp shots and other cool features) and Google camera(amazing photo spheres and panoramas)

P.S. always forget to quote

Spyrious likes this.
  4. Spyrious
    Gingerbread May 5, 2015

Spyrious , May 5, 2015 :
    What do you suggest,spot metering or frame average?

5. Joyyy
    Jelly Bean May 5, 2015

Joyyy , May 5, 2015 :
    Would love this to be updated to COS 12 new camera :)
    Some settings changed too like Quality to 90% instead of 95 and has shutter mode now etcetc

vunguyen102 likes this.
  6. vunguyen102
    Cupcake May 5, 2015

vunguyen102 , May 5, 2015 :
    Cool

7. vunguyen102
    Cupcake May 5, 2015

8. renzr55
    Froyo May 5, 2015

9. TheJames
    Jelly Bean May 5, 2015

TheJames , May 5, 2015 :
    Sorry frame average. Spot metering will make it worse. Make sure to try another app or two and see what you really like

Will happen before I die and yes that bug is fixed on COS 12 (atleast with cameranext) I dont even shoot raw anymore the JPEG quality is good enough to edit.

Is there much new? I am waiting for API 2!

Last edited: May 5, 2015

Spyrious and Joyyy like this.
  10. abhi08638
    Gingerbread May 5, 2015

TheJames likes this.
  11. TheJames
    Jelly Bean May 5, 2015

abhi08638 likes this.
  12. Rafztafara
    Jelly Bean May 6, 2015

Rafztafara , May 6, 2015 :
    This is the first time of my life I reading article from first title until the very end. Nice! It'll help me to fully enjoy One's camera!

13. Currypwn1
    Cupcake May 6, 2015

Currypwn1 , May 6, 2015 :
    Also the CameraNext Mod is very good for stuff like Long exposure.

14. StevenTyrer
    Eclair Jun 6, 2015

15. psamir_05
    Froyo Jun 6, 2015

16. TheJames
    Jelly Bean Jun 6, 2015

TheJames , Jun 6, 2015 :
    Glad you guys liked it. I always know the thread is bumped when i get like 9-12 out of no where.

17. steeba
    Gingerbread Jun 8, 2015

steeba , Jun 8, 2015 :
    ...been usin' FV-5 for 6mnths now...hands down the best...u wanna work ur OPO/Cam to its fullest potential, this is the way to go. (pay the $3.95, sheesh !) just shot this (Chico, CA) outside my backdoor...f2.0, ISO100, 1/970, 10+mp...voila'...wanna shoot selfies, pana's, etc...use Google...next...
    [​IMG]

18. nolanket
    Cupcake Jun 8, 2015

nolanket , Jun 8, 2015 :
    I have some sort of camera lag. when I take a picture, sometimes the picture doesn't get taken instantanteously. What I mean by that is that I touch picture taking icon but the picture gets taken only moments after, with as result that I end up with a picture for example people that are already out of pose, or the wall because I already moved with my camera. It's really really annoying because I most of the times I take a picture it must go fast, in a result that evrytime this happens my picture is ruined. It does'nt only apply for the camera app but also for fb , instagram or snapshat. it's not all the time like this but I would like that it would never lag. Someone know how I can fix this?

thanks in advance

19. wilsmits
    Jelly Bean Jun 8, 2015

20. TheJames
    Jelly Bean Jun 9, 2015

TheJames , Jun 9, 2015 :
    Usually this problem is very different of different devices (wierd). The solution is a different camera app. I included a long list of the diffrent apps strengths and weakness. The simplest isgoogle now, Color OS has become the most popular. Everyone swears by their choice. I use camera next. Take a read and make a choice.

Note: Only google camera is available via the playstore making it your safest quickest bet.