[Full Zip][OTA Zip][Installation Instructions] OxygenOS 3.x [Current Version :- 3.0.2]

1. Naman Bhalla
    Recognized developer Recognized Developer Jun 9, 2016

Naman Bhalla , Jun 9, 2016 :
    Thanks a lot. :)

You can flash either Hybrid Recovery or Grarak recovery from this guide. I recommend Grarak.

2. Naman Bhalla

After flashing the recovery, keep pressing power + Volume Down till you boot into it.

Contacts are stores on google account too, so, don't worry. You won't lose them.

Any thread where he told in detailed as to what happened ?

I recommend you to clean flash in the way mentioned in this thread.

Hassan_Abdul and mediawizard like this.
  3. G_Aditya_Pitchuka_sizt
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2016

G_Aditya_Pitchuka_sizt , Jun 9, 2016 :
    I have downloaded the 2.2.1 to 3.0.2 zip ... when I install the zip from the local , installation is getting failed. when I install it from sideload mode it is showing error device not found, even though I connected the device. when I normally want to boot the system new setup wizard has started and it got stuck at checking connection for a very long time ... plz help ...!!!!

Attached Files:

4. bhavinjbhatt
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2016

bhavinjbhatt , Jun 9, 2016 :
    Hi Mate,

I downloaded the OTA and installed, which worked ok, but i lost touch screen, as in i could not do anything cause touch wouldnt work, so i downloaded the full 3.02 zip file and tried sideload instructions, but that flops at 82%.. my phone was not rooted or encrypted, please let me know the best way to flash the phone with 3.0.2 hence do a clean install.

many thanks in advance.

cheers
    Bhav

5. mediawizard
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2016

mediawizard , Jun 9, 2016 :
    I had to wipe cache and app data to access the phone, sadly that wiped my contacts too which is a major issue.

The rest of the files were there in the internal storage, so that's a relief.

6. locxFIN
    KitKat Jun 9, 2016

locxFIN , Jun 9, 2016 :
    Not much more details were provided, but it was this thread: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...-custom-recovery-root-efs-backup-more.345478/ someone said that he was in another thread too but I don't know about that.

Yeah they could be stored in data. Now you'll know to take a backup next time before doing something new. Or store them in a cloud.

7. Dharmender Nagill
    Gingerbread Jun 9, 2016

8. gyosko
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2016

gyosko , Jun 9, 2016 :
    I upgraded to Oxygen 3 but now TWRP is gone.
    I tried to flash it via fastboot but I can't boot into TWRP(recovery keeps getting overwritten).

How can I install(and mantain) TWRP?

Using fastboot boot twrp.img fails.

9. popaser
    Eclair Jun 9, 2016

popaser , Jun 9, 2016 :
    Same here. I have to flash the modified TWRP every time (from Hydrogen OS) when I want to get in it.

10. mediawizard
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2016

mediawizard , Jun 9, 2016 :
    I had to do a 'clean flash' -
    • started in recovery
    • deleted cache & data
    • reinstalled the latest OTA from local
    • reboot
    • setup the device as a new one

Now I have a phone that reboots automatically after every 3 minutes.

The only thing I'm doing different to most people is using a swiftkey keyboard instead of google.

This is irritating, one assumes the OTA has been tested before being pushed out to consumers.

What should I do next? Am unable to find any info on a service center and live chat times out.

11. Migoth
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2016

Migoth , Jun 9, 2016 :
    Hey. Tried to follow the guide, but still gets stuck in a bootloop. Other things I have tried are clearing data/cache together and seperatly.

Tried to download the full zip twice. One of them prints an read error, in cmd, around 92%. But the other seems to stall around 95%, after which my OP2 finishes the install and asks to reboot(gets stucks in bootloop again), cmd only outputs "Total xfer: 2.00x" in this case.

My phone are a 100% stock encrypted setup(Silently cursing my friend for getting me to encrypt it XD ).

12. by7988
    Eclair Jun 9, 2016

by7988 , Jun 9, 2016 :
    @Naman Bhalla there is always some left over in my opt even after i clean wipe all partetions like supersu folder how do i get rid or make it completely stock like?

13. Naman Bhalla

Clean Flash OxygenOS 3.0.2 . Flash OnePlus Recovery from twrp. Done
    Or if you really want to make it factory like, download OnePlus 2 factory images from mirrors thread by @Spannaa and flash them.

Spannaa likes this.
  14. smayst828
    Froyo Jun 9, 2016

smayst828 , Jun 9, 2016 :
    @Naman Bhalla... thanks so much for the detailed guide and links. Did the update last night, from rooted, unlocked from 2.2.1, and it worked perfectly. I'm no expert, so your assistance (and the assistance of the other devs here) is most appreciated.

Naman Bhalla likes this.
  15. Naman Bhalla

Welcome

smayst828 likes this.
  16. gaurav2701
    Donut Jun 9, 2016

gaurav2701 , Jun 9, 2016 :
    This might be a redundant question but..
    I have OOS 3.0.1. (community) I dirty flashed from 2.2.3. I am running TWRP 2.8.X
    Once I had moved to 3.0.1 I read that there was a step where I had to to flash a new TWRP. Is it TWRP 3.0.2. Do I have to flash it through fastboot or can I do it through existing TWRP? Should I flash new TWRP before flashing OOS 3.0.2 or before.
    Please help.
    TIA

17. Spannaa
    KitKat Jun 9, 2016

Spannaa , Jun 9, 2016 :
    Try reading the first post of this thread ;)

Naman Bhalla and locxFIN like this.
  18. locxFIN
    KitKat Jun 9, 2016

locxFIN , Jun 9, 2016 :
    Wait, what? OOS 2.2.3? And you're now running OOS 3.0.1 with TWRP 2.8.(7 I assume), how is that possible? Have you booted into recovery after flashing the beta ROM? No matter, read the first post and you'll see what you need and how to flash them.

Spannaa and Naman Bhalla like this.
  19. vinu.ukey
    Cupcake Jun 9, 2016

vinu.ukey , Jun 9, 2016 :
    @locxFIN ..i did that..doesnt work..also i cant seem to stop the vibration when i type anything..

20. gaurav2701
    Donut Jun 9, 2016

gaurav2701 , Jun 9, 2016 :
    I did. Which is why I am asking this. Apparently I was supposed to get Garak's TWRP but I realized that after already flashing to 3.0.1 beta.

Why is it surprising? I was running OOS 2.2.3 with root. Then I simply downloaded and flashed OOS 3.0.1 without getting the new TWRP. Everything is working fine. I need to move to 3.0.2 now so I thought maybe I should get the new TWRP. The first post of the thread does not really help me.