Funny Cortana results when trying to control my OPO

1. prstorero
    Jelly Bean Aug 5, 2015

prstorero , Aug 5, 2015 :
    So after watching the video embedded below by João Dias, I decided to try it out on my phone to mess around with. The result is Cortana just doesn't want to recognize my voice input correctly and I thought I would share the results with everyone here since there were a couple of funny interpretations.

João Dias video:

Results:
    https://goo.gl/photos/fxfx7JGNasCeb1Gj8

2. EpicSwirly
    Aug 5, 2015

EpicSwirly , Aug 5, 2015 :
    Isn't there a setting to recalibrate the voice recognition/mic recognition or whatever it's called?lol

3. irasivley93
    Honeycomb Aug 5, 2015

irasivley93 , Aug 5, 2015 :
    I thought there was, But using Cortana on my one has been almost 100% accurate.

Deactivated User likes this.
  4. sleepdragonone
    KitKat Aug 5, 2015

sleepdragonone , Aug 5, 2015 :

Use Siri, it's much better.......hehe.

prstorero likes this.
  5. prstorero
    Jelly Bean Aug 5, 2015

There is. I had just done a calibration before the video where it had me say multiple sentences. Obviously it didn't work very well lol.

Deactivated User likes this.
  6. prstorero
    Jelly Bean Aug 5, 2015

He's got an Alpha version where siri is used to control an android phone which is then used to control other stuff :p either way you gotta have an android as the middle-man.

epresnell1 and Deactivated User like this.
  7. prstorero
    Jelly Bean Aug 5, 2015

At least it can be accurate somewhere :p I'm not sure what the deal is on my laptop.

8. irasivley93
    Honeycomb Aug 5, 2015

If you're using the internal mic that's the issue. It'll even tell you "This mic wasn't designed to work with Cortana and may cause compatibility issues"

9. prstorero
    Jelly Bean Aug 5, 2015

So they really expect everyone who uses it to have a dedicated mic on them all the time? That seems pretty crappy to me.

10. irasivley93
    Honeycomb Aug 5, 2015

Well either that or they're telling you it'll only work to its full potential on one of their tablets or phones designed to work with it. So... It'd have to be a relatively new one too.

11. prstorero
    Jelly Bean Aug 5, 2015

Eh that's just lame haha. I'm looking for a mic I can use to see if it works any better :p

12. LifelessLewis
    Jelly Bean Aug 5, 2015

LifelessLewis , Aug 5, 2015 :
    It says the same on my laptop, it still works but not great, then again my laptop mic is about the size of a quark...

13. irasivley93
    Honeycomb Aug 5, 2015

My experience is that it does. Just because it'll put the mic a lot closer to your mouth and for the most part external mics are a lot cleaner sounding than internal.

14. prstorero
    Jelly Bean Aug 5, 2015

It does seem to work better, though it usually picks up "activate homework load" instead of "activate homework mode", but it's pretty close. I don't think distance is really an issue as I was speaking pretty close to the laptops internal mic. I used the one built into my over ear headphones to test it out. Kind of disappointing that it won't work for controlling my phone without a an external mic, though :p