Further customizing Navigation bar & Gesture controls

1. hamz_shaik
    Cupcake Sep 1, 2018

hamz_shaik , Sep 1, 2018 :
    First off I want to say how much the OP6 impresses me. But nothing is perfect. I want to comment on the navigation bar on the bottom of the screen. I don't like how the bar isn't transparent (like pixel or Galaxy). If that's not something OP wants to do, then at least give us the ability to make it black or add a "turn off" feature like for the notch area (I use dark mode on most apps so the white navigation button area really sticks out in a bad way.) I remember my LG G2 had an option to choose white or black.

I've been using the gestures function now and while it's not 100%, it's still very good. My only gripe/issue is the lack of customization/actions. For example: if I swipe up and hold from the bottom right, i can choose to switch to most recent app (like quickly double tapping the recents button). If I swipe up from bottom left, I can choose to turn on split screen mode, etc. And there's no shortcut to activating Google assistant quickly (unlike how easy it is to hold down the home button for a solid second)

I'm hoping for Android Pie update, the new stock Google gestures button won't have a solid bar on the bottom of the screen, and be completely transparent (shows the button "floating") and maybe implement some ideas mentioned above.

1535795764148.jpg

1535795764183.jpg

Attached Files:

2. bartoffermans
    Gingerbread Sep 1, 2018

bartoffermans , Sep 1, 2018 :
    There is an app in the app store which colours your navigation bar to the app you are using. It's called "Navbar apps". Very nice app and don't require root access!

Prcko likes this.
  3. Prcko
    KitKat Sep 1, 2018