Future support for oneplus 5 is worrying

?

Do you think oneplus should support android updates for 3 years for their phones

1. Yes

70.0%
  2. No

30.0%
  1. nated4
    Donut Jan 14, 2018

nated4 , Jan 14, 2018 :
    They're not going to do that. releasing a phone that late would be detrimental for them. As the year goes on, more phones with the same processor will be released and that would be bad for OnePlus as a company because they'll have stiffer competition. That's why they will release their newest phones as quickly as they can after the newest processor is ready to be released to the public because it adds a sense of exclusivity to their devices that wouldn't have happened later in the year. They update their devices around November in order to have a device to compete with the newer phones. Also, I wouldn't buy a phone with in November because it will become "obsolete" in less than half a year.

dsmonteiro likes this.
  2. Komorebithrowsatable
    Eclair Jan 14, 2018

Komorebithrowsatable , Jan 14, 2018 :
    I'm not surprised. My friend has huawei and his phone sometimes has a lag for 30 seconds when he tries to turn bluetooth on or off. Still not fixed. I'm not sure it will be.

3. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Jan 14, 2018

dsmonteiro , Jan 14, 2018 :
    What about Sony, Motorola or HTC? Do all of them release 100 devices a year?

What about Qualcomm not releasing drivers for new OS versions, like it happened with the Snapdragon 801 and Nougat?

Aside from Google, the rest of the ecosystem is a mess. Even Google isn't even remotely close to Apple.

People love to hate OnePlus for all sorts of reasons. Even if it doesn't make any sense.

Hydra Bob and Bobbie63 like this.
  4. izzykasha
    Lollipop Jan 14, 2018

izzykasha , Jan 14, 2018 :
    Well it was released in Nov 2016 and Oreo is its last major upgrade so this is it...Oreo 8.1 generally will be the last update, that doesnt include security updates of course

5. SimonRam
    Lollipop Jan 14, 2018

SimonRam , Jan 14, 2018 :
    It's two updates and they will get two years of security updates also. No worse than most, in fact better than many.

Hydra Bob and Bobbie63 like this.
  6. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Jan 14, 2018

Bobbie63 , Jan 14, 2018 :
    What truth do you wanna hear, people already made up their minds and whatever OnePlus says does or will do will always be doubted for the same reason. All people want is more, more, more.

If oneplus wouldn't release new phones, people complain they have an outdated phone, if they release a new phone, people complain they have an outdated phone. I they release a new phone, people with older devices want the same features as the new phone. If an update is released, people start the same day asking when the next update will arrive. If people have see some feature another manufacturer introduced, they want it also for their device and on and on and on.

People just are never satisfied, draw conclusions based on nothing, have their minds set before they even checked facts. That's what happing on this forum. People just think they're entitled to everything they want on this forum, something I haven't seen or heard of before.

More, more, more, that's all people want, just read the threads.

Android450, SimonRam and Hydra Bob like this.
  7. Y1511446669413
    Honeycomb Jan 14, 2018

Y1511446669413 , Jan 14, 2018 :
    Yes sir Motorola in India alone release phone every month, and please don't bring Sony in phone they are taking there last breath and still they produce more than 10 phone a year I believe. HTC have same story as Sony sooner or later it's going down if u11 series didn't do magic which I doubt.

And now as I said earlier I don't blame oneplus for not releasing a update but again I repeat without any hate they can and they have best chances of doing so other than any brand just as Google.

I don't hate or like companies whether it's Apple or Google or oneplus unlike you as I have seen in many of your posts licking and defending oneplus butz in every department. I don't give rat Azz about these companies as they don't give about me and you.
    I will switch phones as I fit my need use iPhone 7 before this 5t and will use pixel next.

I have no Loyalty to oneplus like you so stop defending it everywhere and support a voice that is in favor of users stop being sheep [e]1f411[/e].

I hope that answers your question.

8. Y1511446669413
    Honeycomb Jan 14, 2018

I never heard someone complain they don't release new phone as that never happened.

You don't want to ask more good for you me too I don't want no more than what I bought.

Why would you discourage someone who do?

9. Y1511446669413
    Honeycomb Jan 14, 2018

dsmonteiro

What about Sony, Motorola or HTC? Do all of them release 100 devices a year?

What about Qualcomm not releasing drivers for new OS versions, like it happened with the Snapdragon 801 and Nougat?

Aside from Google, the rest of the ecosystem is a mess. Even Google isn't even remotely close to Apple.

People love to hate OnePlus for all sorts of reasons. Even if it doesn't make any sense.​

You are right I am wrong

10. F_Kuntal_Roy_IQcV
    Gingerbread Jan 14, 2018

F_Kuntal_Roy_IQcV , Jan 14, 2018 :
    T series owners are the most unlikely with software updates.

11. nated4
    Donut Jan 14, 2018

nated4 , Jan 14, 2018 :
    But what's wrong with that? The consumer creates the demand for a product and the supplier should try to do everything they want to ensure that the consumer is satisfied or willing to purchase another of product from them. This is basic economics. A consumerist society is based on the feeling that you're entitled to demand whatever you want from a provider that the competition offers. Our constant desire to have more is drives competition and the market.

As people willing to spend our hard earned money to support a company, we should feel entitled to express our wants and concerns as much as we like. It's OnePlus's job to make us happy by proving to us that they are offering a product that is worth it when compared to the competition. If OnePlus can't keep up then it will be kicked out of the market or lose customers.

You should stop sympathesizing with a company and start understanding that you should demand more as a consumer because your standards becomes theirs.

H1512930661009 likes this.
  12. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Jan 14, 2018

It's not about asking on this forum, it's about people think they are entitled and demanding for more.

I have no issues people asking but I wonder where they get the idea they're entitled to everything they demand.

No more, no less.

Hydra Bob likes this.
  13. Y1511446669413
    Honeycomb Jan 14, 2018

I believe that idea they get from OnePlus and media that repeats and repeat that oneplus listen to the customers.

And that has been oneplus biggest card since beginning small users company fighting big names for half the price.

14. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Jan 14, 2018

dsmonteiro , Jan 14, 2018 :
    LMAO. So because I call out the poor logic, I'm a sheep?

Fun fact: I was using Moto G5 Plus and my next phone was going to be the Mi A1. The only reason I'm currently using a Oneplus phone at this point, is because I won one.

Bobbie63, Hydra Bob and SimonRam like this.
  15. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow Jan 14, 2018

Hydra Bob , Jan 14, 2018 :
    Yeah but there are 1,350,832 members on this forum alone. You can't listen to everyone and make everybody happy, there's just too many conflicting interests. What one person might consider a vital feature another would consider bloatware and vice versa. I don't get what constantly demanding contradictory things on a public forum is supposed to accomplish. No wonder OnePlus doesn't really pay attention to what goes on here.

16. Y1511446669413
    Honeycomb Jan 14, 2018

Hahaha

Hydra Bob likes this.
  17. Emilius
    Gingerbread Jan 14, 2018

Emilius , Jan 14, 2018 :
    in my opinion you will be happy to grab new one after 2 years. Also for the price of new iPhone you can grab 2 OnePlus phones anyway. Oven if you like to keep you phone after 2 years you can unlocked and grab one of many custom ROMs on XDA.

18. Y1511446669413
    Honeycomb Jan 14, 2018

Now I understand your loyal post and why you demand so less.

From a company with tag line

#neversettle

19. Y1511446669413
    Honeycomb Jan 14, 2018

The original poster as stated can't afford phone after two years and you are giving iPhone 10 comparisons

Hilarious mate

20. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Jan 14, 2018

I don't sympathize with whatever company and I don't feel going through same discissions again and again.

On several occasions I have explained how things work in the real world and won't do this again. If you wanna know, read back my previous post in several threads about these subjects.

It's clear you have your mind made up who and what oneplus is and what the company strategy was and will be for the future. No need for me to convince you otherwise and I have no intention to.

If you think, demands will change standards, dream on and good luck with that.

dsmonteiro and Hydra Bob like this.