Galaxy Z Flip Unboxing : Floss Carter

1. Rusty NZ
    Marshmallow Feb 10, 2020

sfomin likes this.
  2. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Feb 10, 2020

Bouncer71 , Feb 10, 2020 :
    Which smaller screen...?
    The one on the backside smaller than a Mi Band 4 screen...?

Anyhows...
    Flexible screens are cool stuff..
    Really looking forward to awesome concepts...

But a foldable phone as thick as a pack of cigarettes...?

c'mon...

Rusty NZ likes this.
  3. Rusty NZ
    Marshmallow Feb 10, 2020

Rusty NZ , Feb 10, 2020 :
    The market is a very fickle thing. Unless you have a crystal ball you can only guess to how successful a phone will be.

Bouncer71 likes this.
  4. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Feb 10, 2020

Impersonal , Feb 10, 2020 :
    Lovely and intriguing device, will I buy one, probably not, mainly because I'm lil bit conservative and I'm really not a early adopter, it will also probably cost a arm and a leg, but a few iterations down the line who knows ... But definitely want to get my hands on one, just for a feel, it looks cool AF, and I'm sure it will be a success, especially with users 35+, that usually get their devices through contract... and to whom design really is more important than specs, also I'm sure the ladies would like a more compact less fragile device...

malidan and Rusty NZ like this.
  5. Rusty NZ
    Marshmallow Feb 10, 2020

The thickness of the phone won't suit everyone and Millennials will tire very quickly of flipping the phone open up to 150 times a day. But for anyone that just wants to be reachable and wants a small sized phone, it could suite their needs.

Bouncer71 likes this.
  6. malidan
    Marshmallow Feb 10, 2020

malidan , Feb 10, 2020 :
    The front screen will offer almost or the same information as a wearable.

I don't remember many complaining about the thickness of a clam back in the day and I don't remember it being an issue when had several. The clams were all the rave back then and a viable break from the humdrum norn will see success.
    Moto may actually sell some devices this year, even with their underpowered option.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020

Bouncer71 likes this.
  7. Bouncer71

Sure...
    There's probably a market out there for a phone like that...
    But imo there's no big difference between big and thin or small and thick..

Just the proportions change... ;)

Rusty NZ likes this.
  8. Bouncer71

Well...
    That was back in the days...

No one complained about an antenna sticking out of the top of a mobile phone then either... ;)

we'll see how it sells...

Rusty NZ likes this.
  9. Rusty NZ
    Marshmallow Feb 10, 2020

I see your point. The phone is still there same weight and volume in the open or shut position. When you look it at that way, a flip phone seems really pointless.

Bouncer71 likes this.
  10. malidan
    Marshmallow Feb 10, 2020

malidan , Feb 10, 2020 :
    Who will flip the phone open 150 times? Do you open you phone 150 time per day?:rolleyes:

The clams dominated the market in their time and as the tech is refined and the prices drops it will again. If the Z Flip goes on contract it will be a monster hit.

The slab has gone as far as it can and most are waiting for the next big thing and it's here.

11. sfomin
    Nougat Feb 10, 2020

sfomin , Feb 10, 2020 :
    Microsoft calculator user error :rolleyes:

Rusty NZ likes this.
  12. Bouncer71

You think that's a lot...??

That's just 15 times/hour x 10 hours...

I believe there's people out there that can top that... ;)

malidan and Rusty NZ like this.
  13. Rusty NZ
    Marshmallow Feb 10, 2020

I repeat 'I guess you aren't a Millennial as many of them check their phone 150 times a day.
    https://www.inc.com/john-brandon/sc...als-check-their-phones-150-times-per-day.html '

And
    'The market is a very fickle thing. Unless you have a crystal ball you can only guess to how successful a phone will be.'

If you are correct in saying clams dominated the market how come there was so many non clam options and why did people complain of the thickness of clam phones?

Bouncer71 likes this.
  14. malidan
    Marshmallow Feb 10, 2020

malidan , Feb 10, 2020 :
    Why didn't Jerry throw a handful of dirt Into the gaps?
    This phone has been along time arriving from unviel, I hope they didn't run into any issues. :rolleyes:

Presumably, the gold model will feature the same specs as the standard “Noir Black” Razr, which includes a midrange Snapdragon 710 processor. The phone’s 6.2-inch foldable plastic OLED panel is prone to developing “bumps and lumps,” Motorola has said. The company has pushed back against concerns about its long-term durability, however.

Initial reviews of the Razr have skewed negative, with screen issues and poor camera performance raised by both Android Central and Input.

Source

New tech always have teething issues and lf nobody brought it to market we would all end up walking around with 4 year old handwarming bricks. :rolleyes:

We are fortunate some company's give full support to emerging technologies. :)

15. malidan
    Marshmallow Feb 10, 2020

malidan , Feb 10, 2020 :
    Yes the market is very fickle against your unsupported opinion. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Over a million the Folds sold on a very limited release, that's 50% of what OP sold in 2019 in a market they are supposed to dominate.

It's a good thing facts trample all over fickle opinion.;)

16. Bouncer71

Just like pop-up selfie cams...? :D

Rusty NZ likes this.
  17. malidan
    Marshmallow Feb 10, 2020

malidan , Feb 10, 2020 :
    Whats changed apart from the arrival of OP fans?
    The Fold as I said in my reply to Rusty has already proven that at the asking price of over 2 grand. ;)

18. Bouncer71

Nothing...

There's been Nokia, Sony, Siemens, who knows what fans even before iPhone and Android fans...

Has that ever even been the point.. ?

Rusty NZ likes this.
  19. malidan
    Marshmallow Feb 10, 2020

malidan , Feb 10, 2020 :
    15 times in an hour, i can see why OP introduced Zen mode. Their data collection must have shown OP fans inability to put their phones down, hence increasing the likelyhood of bugs and breakdown.

I don't open my phone 150 times a day, I have AOD. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

ilovesoneplus and Bouncer71 like this.
  20. Bouncer71

How many times do you look at the AOD screen per hour...? ;)

I get my notifications on a cheap watch...

Rusty NZ likes this.