Gallery app using up 7GB of storage unnecessarily? Also file transfer has stopped working

1. LionsTheBoss
    Cupcake Feb 18, 2021

LionsTheBoss , Feb 18, 2021 :
    Hey,

My OnePlus 5T recently lost it's ability to hook up to my Windows computer through USB to back up file up my phone files. (Please help) I've tried reinstalling usb drivers, tried on multiple different machines and I can't get Bluetooth to do anything either.

With this happening, I've been unable to back up and remove old photos so I've got 150mb of storage left on my phone with no way to back photos up.

With this, I discovered that gallery was using up almost 7GB of storage some how? I don't understand how this could be as it simply reads and displays photos stored in the system files? Why would the app be taking up so much storage byself? What would the consequences of deleting the storage on it be?
    1613626714946.jpg

2. Best Answer
    BeardyBiceps , via OnePlus 5T Midnight Black , Feb 20, 2021 :
    Nope its just an app. No pix will be deleted from local

3. B_Wrath
    Nougat Feb 18, 2021

B_Wrath , Feb 18, 2021 :
    Check your recently deleted folder. Do you have photos and videos in it?

J4t1np4r3kh likes this.
  4. LionsTheBoss
    Cupcake Feb 18, 2021

LionsTheBoss , Feb 18, 2021 :
    Recently Deleted is totally empty, that's why I'm so confused.
    1613680368369.jpg

6. LionsTheBoss
    Cupcake Feb 20, 2021

LionsTheBoss , Feb 20, 2021 :
    If you're referring to the Google Photos app trash, that is also entirely empty. How could an app that reads files off of your phones file directory be using up almost 7GB with an Empty trash can, I don't understand that.

7. BeardyBiceps , via OnePlus 5T Midnight Black , Feb 20, 2021 :
    Uninstall and reinstall

8. LionsTheBoss
    Cupcake Feb 20, 2021

LionsTheBoss , Feb 20, 2021 :
    That's what I was planning on doing, however would this remove any photo files from my file directory? Only a portion of my stuff is backed up because the file transfer on my phone doesn't work.