Gaming PC Part list. DDR4 tech & other. ~~June 2015~~

1. Evokkimus
    KitKat Sep 24, 2015

Evokkimus , Sep 24, 2015 :
    Finally someone who talks sense :)

Only struggle 970 might have, would be on 4k gaming with that memory.

B4kken likes this.
  2. kiakri
    Eclair Sep 24, 2015

kiakri , Sep 24, 2015 :
    My Reason being the 980ti is the fact it future proofed more than the 970. I think that Division will be hitting at least 3/4gb VRAM on 1080P.

I mean if you don't have a problem then fair is fair. I upgraded from x2 770s.

The 16GB is mainly for future proofing again. I gone past 8GB but thats because i decide it's clever to run multiple games instances and also comes in hand if you use VMs

B4kken likes this.
  3. Evokkimus
    KitKat Sep 24, 2015

It's true that 980ti is more future proof, but if op wants 970 then I think he has a reason for it. It's an amazing card all around and one of the only cards that is recommended for SLI

And I honestly don't believe that Division thing.

Also RAM is one of those things you can really easily upgrade, thus I recommend op getting 8gb first.

4. BassVity
    Jelly Bean Sep 24, 2015

BassVity , Sep 24, 2015 :
    I don't.

Evokkimus likes this.
  5. Evokkimus
    KitKat Sep 24, 2015

BassVity and B4kken like this.
  6. kiakri
    Eclair Sep 24, 2015

kiakri , Sep 24, 2015 :
    By all means if OP wants to get a 970 then get a 970. I was just giving my opinion on it. Honestly SLI isn't even worth it until Nvidia link / HMB2 are actually out with there pascal releases.

I reckon it will hit that amount. Though my knowledge is slightly out on VRAM usage for games such a Witch / Ark / MGS5 on 1080.

Ram you can upgrade easily yes. Decision comes down to what else OP will be doing with the computer and what games he will be playing

Evokkimus likes this.
  7. B4kken
    Lollipop Sep 24, 2015

B4kken , Sep 24, 2015 :
    Fair points. I think shadow of mordor is the only game I've had reaching the 8GB limit, but I've been considering an upgrade for a while now. although reaching that limit I had A LOT of tabs open in chrome and pretty much going on in the background at the same time.

Of course it all comes down to his budget and what he wants to focus on. I think the build he have got in mind is going to be great either way.

8. B4kken
    Lollipop Sep 24, 2015

B4kken , Sep 24, 2015 :
    We have to make sense some times :) It's kind of crazy how many people try to talk others into buying the best of everything(not saying that you do that @kiakri).. kind of like they're trying to justify their purchase by getting others to do the same :cool:

Evokkimus likes this.
  9. Evokkimus
    KitKat Sep 24, 2015

I will gladly hear OP once he gets online first :D

10. kiakri
    Eclair Sep 24, 2015

kiakri , Sep 24, 2015 :
    Yeah i get what you mean. My comments are all opinions of different choices that could be made. I'm someone now who would spend on a product to get the extra future proofing from.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/6T2QWZ (My Current Build)

Runs every game smoothly and won't have any reason to upgrade for hopefully about a year. CPU & Motherboard will most likely be next. maybe get an 850 EVO

B4kken likes this.
  11. B4kken
    Lollipop Sep 24, 2015

B4kken , Sep 24, 2015 :
    Honestly, if I had the budget when I built my computer I'd have done that as well(student budget held me back). Once I upgrade I probably will go a bit nuts,within reasonable limits of course :cool: for now my msi 970, 8GB of ram and i5 4670k does the job just fine and I run most games maxed(lowered AA) at 1080p at almost a stable 60 fps. I used to be a consol gamer(confessions) so I'm a bit immune..

12. B4kken
    Lollipop Sep 24, 2015

B4kken , Sep 24, 2015 :
    Honestly, if I had the budget when I built my computer I'd have done that as well(student budget held me back). Once I upgrade I probably will go a bit nuts,within reasonable limits of course :cool: for now my msi 970, 8GB of ram and i5 4670k does the job just fine and I run most games maxed(lowered AA) at 1080p at almost a stable 60 fps. I used to be a consol gamer(confessions) so I'm a bit immune..

13. kiakri
    Eclair Sep 24, 2015

kiakri , Sep 24, 2015 :
    Yaah being a students sucks luckily I moved the hell away from it in my first year. unlike my friends I'm not broke now. But yeah if it's stable and run what you need it to run keep it as it is. I have a compulsive i want it but don't need it issue.

Well welcome to the master race family :)

B4kken likes this.
  14. B4kken
    Lollipop Sep 25, 2015

B4kken , Sep 25, 2015 :
    Ohh I suffer from the same "really really want" disorder ;) I graduated from my university this June so I'm at my first long-term job now. Fingers Crossed for a wealthy future filled with great components!

Thank you! It's a great joy -

kiakri likes this.
  15. czar4you
    Jelly Bean Sep 25, 2015

czar4you , Sep 25, 2015 :
    My ETA is 2 weeks. Today paycheck and then the next one :)...i kind of tempted to use my VISA, but i like it to play safe.

Evokkimus likes this.
  16. M4ENY
    KitKat Sep 25, 2015

M4ENY , Sep 25, 2015 :
    Btw ... the I5 being all you need for gaming is no longer the case now ... We are getting games slowly that utilize i7 For instance, GTA V / GTA Online <- You gain quite alot for going i7 instead of i5.

As for GPU I have the MSI Gtx 970 but if the Asus is that much cheaper I would get the ASUS. They are both great cards :)

Good luck with your build !!

czar4you likes this.
  17. Evokkimus
    KitKat Sep 26, 2015

Evokkimus , Sep 26, 2015 :
    Have you decided on any parts? There have been a lot of suggestions :D

18. czar4you
    Jelly Bean Sep 28, 2015

czar4you , Sep 28, 2015 :
    Yes. I will be sticking with most of the same components, except for MB and CPU. I have decided to go with 5th gen. Im saving around 150$ and difference is only 3fps. Technician said its better to go with Gigabyte if i want to stay within a budget and still have that good quality.

Evokkimus likes this.