Garmin connect on OP7pro via OnePlus 7 Pro

1. bryangmr
    Cupcake Jan 20, 2020

bryangmr , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 20, 2020 :
    Hello,

Ik am having troubles with the connection of my Garmin connect app, my phone and my Garmin Forerunner 45.
    After one day I always lose the connection between my phone and my watch. After the loss, I get the notification that my pop up notifications on my phone are stopped and that I need to restart my phone. After trying this, the problem stats. Anyone with the same problem or with a solution?

Kind regards

2. oOo.Manu.oOo
    Cupcake Feb 17, 2020

oOo.Manu.oOo , via OnePlus 6 , Feb 17, 2020 :
    Have a look on battery optimisation parameter for Garmin connect:

1581947507068.jpg

You can find it here: Applications and notifications > Application specific access > Battery optimisation

I have translated menu so the text may differ a bit.

bryangmr likes this.
  3. wejansen
    Cupcake Mar 11, 2020

wejansen , Mar 11, 2020 :
    I also have this problem. Called Garmin and they don't know what's causing it.

I tried to find the battery optimization as recommended above but can't seem to find it in settings??

4. pgrey
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 12, 2020

pgrey , Mar 12, 2020 :
    The battery optimization settings are under Settings->Battery-Battery-Optimization.

I use mine with a 945 all the time (VA 3 before that), have never had to reboot to sync, at least not that I can recall.

If you're trying to get it to sync continuously (tough on the battery on both devices, but live-update is a nifty feature, for some), you need to chose the Intelligent or possibly the not-optimized setting, so that the sync can happen in the background, otherwise Android is likely to suspend the app.

5. C1597700764869
    Cupcake Aug 30, 2020

C1597700764869 , via OnePlus 7T , Aug 30, 2020 :
    I have the same problem with my op7t and my fenix 5...
    I have tried everything but after the first sync my watch cannot sync any more....
    I have to uninstall and install the app again and again.
    From garmin Greece the told me that maybe is my phone's fault.
    My wife has an iphone 8 with a forerunner 45 and works fine.
    A friend has a galaxy 10 with a fenix 5 and also works fine.
    The only thing that i have not done yet is rebooting my phone...
    Can someone suggest anything else?

6. bryangmr
    Cupcake Aug 30, 2020

bryangmr , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Aug 30, 2020 :
    Was indeed the solution. Thanks!

7. JRibeiro_
    Cupcake Nov 24, 2020

JRibeiro_ , Nov 24, 2020 :
    Hello,
    I recently bought OnePlus 7 Pro. I'm very happy with the phone, but I can't seem to get incoming calls notifications sent to my Garmin Forerunner 245. I get all other notifications: SMS, Whatsapp messages, emails, etc. But no phone calls or whatsapp calls. I did a lot of research but couldn't find any reason why this is happening. any suggestions?

8. R.Peter
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 25, 2020

R.Peter , Nov 25, 2020 :
    Connect app - hamburger menu in the top left corner - Settings - Notifications - Application notifications.
    Check what you need and what you want, enable or disable them.