Gcam Port via OnePlus 6T Mirror Black

2. Kytharsis
    Nougat Feb 22, 2020

Kytharsis , Feb 22, 2020 :
    Not that I know of, since it's not a system app.

Caomhin likes this.
  3. Grimm87 , via OnePlus 6T Mirror Black , Feb 23, 2020 :
    yes i know it's not a system app.
    with the stock camera I feel good but there are no functions like photosphere and astrophotography.
    so I was wondering why the smartwatch app can't connect to the gcam. someone help me?

4. Kytharsis
    Nougat Feb 23, 2020

Kytharsis , Feb 23, 2020 :
    GCam is a ported application from the Pixel. Not all functionality will work.

Caomhin and Grimm87 like this.

Kytharsis likes this.
  6. tide1109
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 24, 2020

tide1109 , via OnePlus 6 , Feb 24, 2020 :
    Which Smartwatch and which Remote app on the watch do you use?
    Can this remote app on the watch use any camera app or does it require one special camera app on the phone?

Android has one default button input for the shutter button. This works in the OnePlus camera app, in the GCam Port and probably any other camera app.

Changing the camera mode with the watch could be impossible, because there is no API for changing it.

7. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow Feb 24, 2020

B_Wrath , Feb 24, 2020 :
    I have a fossil Q grant hybrid watch, in which, one button can be configured to be used as a shutter button for camera apps in connected phones.
    I'm yet to figure out such thing on the fossil sport wear os watch though.

8. tide1109

I connected a Bluetooth keyboard to my phone.
    The OnePlus camera app does support Enter for the shutter, but GCam does not support this button as an shutter.

There are other buttons that support GCam (Port) and the OnePlus camera app. It's the volume up and down button. It's like the hardware buttons on the phone itself.

I think your remote app interacts like a Bluetooth keyboard with the phone. Setting your remote key as volume key should work fine.

I tested it with an GCam 6.2 port by Arnova and and GCam 7.2 port by Urnyx. So it should apply to all GCam ports.
    I'm on the Open Beta 4 on my OP6 and I used the default OnePlus camera app version for this software build.

B_Wrath likes this.
  9. Last edited: Feb 24, 2020

10. Grimm87 , via OnePlus 6T Mirror Black , Feb 24, 2020 :
    i am using 2 smartwatch. a motorola and a huawei. I downloaded the app to watches and installed urnyx gcam 7.2 on the phone. but I can't get them to pair. I didn't understand, did you do it? if yes, how did you do it?

11. tide1109

I tested it with a standard Bluetooth keyboard and not with any smartwatch. The test was about the reaction of pressing a button the keyboard.
    The remote app that is maybe available for your watch has to send a volume down input to the phone. Then this is working.
    I don't know if such an app exists on the phones app store or is preinstalled.

I own a Gear S3 from Samsung with Tizen OS. There is no free app that is doing this task. I found paid app in my Tizen app store that should do this in this way. Because I don't need it, I don't pay for such an app.
    Many other apps for the watch use a companion app on the phone. I would say, that the camera quality is not as perfect as OnePlus camera app or as the Google camera port.

You have a different operating system on your watches, so I can't help you.

12. Grimm87 , via OnePlus 6T Mirror Black , Feb 25, 2020 :
    in the end it is not a fundamental operation to control the camera from the smartwatch. there is no official oneplus app but only that of google that probably does not connect to the smartwatch gcam because it is a port and unofficial. thanks for replying and for or advice. if I do, I'll let you know. [e]1f603[/e]