GCam recommendation for better photographs?

1. noobnoob25
    Gingerbread Oct 5, 2019

noobnoob25 , Oct 5, 2019 :
    I recently upgraded from OnePlus 3 to OnePlus 7 Pro. The camera is great on both phones. I used GCam on OnePlus 3, specifically version 6.1.xxxx and the results were really great. The pictures looked so good. I have been using OP7Pro for the last one week and the pictures look more like watercolour pictures, it lacks detail. With GCam on OP3, I got brilliant pictures with a lot of details and pictures were really vibrant. I have been trying GCams on OP7 Pro, but with no luck, I'm unable to find a good GCam version which can give a good and detail picture as OP3 did. Any suggestions regarding the same?

2. Mikey_1273
    Gingerbread Oct 6, 2019

Mikey_1273 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 6, 2019 :
    I tried it too on mine and was underwhelmed. especially with night mode. Gcam everyone says is better but not my experience. I dumped it and use the stock app. the gcam I had didn't even use the wide or telephoto either.

3. noobnoob25
    Gingerbread Oct 7, 2019

noobnoob25 , Oct 7, 2019 :
    Same. GCam pictures still looks dull. How about the front camera? I'm actually hating it because it gives me a watercolor/oil like painting pictures everywhere, may it be Snapchat or Instagram or stock camera. Although the GCam works great for front camera. I'm just confused why does the OnePlus camera software sucks.

4. Mikey_1273
    Gingerbread Oct 7, 2019

Mikey_1273 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 7, 2019 :
    on mine I use the OnePlus camera software and it looks fine. my avatar pic was taken with that and several others that look fine to me. I generally am not one that takes a lot of selfie photos and I don't use insta and snap chat very often.

I think the cameras on one plus phones were weak in the beginning of OnePlus but now are acceptable for most people. I think maybe your lens is dirty or you just have way higher expiration for the cameras. in that case a DSLR camera, pixel phone, or iPhone might be better for you as those are top rated options but much more $$

5. Kjameson
    Cupcake Oct 7, 2019

Kjameson , Oct 7, 2019 :
    Photo's on Gcam is so much better and if you haven't noticed, perhaps you are using the wrong config files. I don't think it uses the wide angle lens though, I blocked it, the wide angle lens and it still was giving me a shot, so must have been from the main sensor..

6. Mikey_1273
    Gingerbread Oct 7, 2019

Mikey_1273 , via OnePlus Community App , Oct 7, 2019 :
    I don't know what config files I had. I pulled it from a YouTubers site. I think the guy was from India. maybe those were not the best config files. honestly I uninstalled the app but if there were better more updated files I'd be interested to try again if someone were to post install files and instructions they had success with.

7. Kjameson
    Cupcake Oct 8, 2019

Kjameson , Oct 8, 2019 :
    https://www.androidsage.com/2019/06...pk-for-oneplus-7-and-7-pro-gcam-apk-download/

https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/f/download/Arnova-6.2-Fiz-MCG-Lib-1.0.xml

I used this config file and the recommended APK file and it seems to be very stable.

8. hoggar10
    Honeycomb Oct 10, 2019

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019

X1533038571066 likes this.