Gear s3 with oneplus 3

1. Adigal123
    Eclair Nov 17, 2016

Adigal123 , Nov 17, 2016 :
    Hi,
    I'm interesting to buy the new gear s3 frontier Bluetooth version and I have question:
    I'm using OnePlus 3 and I saw that this phone is not on the list of supported phones Samsung posted, but online people said that the gear s2 working fine with the OnePlus 3, if making calls and messages is available in the gear s3 can I do this with my OnePlus 3 ?
    And if yes what is the limitations with the oneplus and the gear s3?

Thanks a lot :)

pangjunk likes this.
  2. thanssens
    Cupcake Nov 19, 2016

3. fallenteemo
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2016

fallenteemo , Nov 21, 2016 :
    I got the Samsung gear s3 frontier on launch everything works fine but Samsung pay still needs a Samsung phone since it needs the Samsung pay app to be installed on the phone in order for the gear s3 to to able to use samsung pay

4. maxxam23
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 22, 2016

5. kkuhle
    Donut Nov 30, 2016

6. Expletive_Deleted
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 30, 2016

7. kkuhle
    Donut Nov 30, 2016

kkuhle , Nov 30, 2016 :
    That's awesome! Thanks for confirming. I will likely be picking one of these up very soon!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016

MarcJG likes this.
  8. kkuhle
    Donut Dec 1, 2016

kkuhle , Dec 1, 2016 :
    I got my Gear S3 yesterday and have tried to use the MST Samsung pay 3 times and haven't been successful. Have you had any issues with this? I haven't tried NFC yet.

My device also won't wake up with motion anymore. I'm not sure if there is a setting that could control this or something is going on with the watch. I might be heading in to get a replacement.

Edit: Factory Reset fixed this issue

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016

9. kkuhle
    Donut Dec 2, 2016

kkuhle , Dec 2, 2016 :
    I tried using it at Taco Bell and a gas station (I now know this isn't supposed to work). I got it to work with MST today, but I had to move my watch a bunch around the card reader. I wouldn't think this is necessary based on what I've found. Sounds like you should just be able to hold closely without moving it around.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016

10. Expletive_Deleted
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 3, 2016

Expletive_Deleted , Dec 3, 2016 :
    Glad you got it work. I've used it at Target, King Soopers (Kroger), Michaels. Various other places.

pangjunk likes this.
  11. kkuhle
    Donut Dec 6, 2016

kkuhle , Dec 6, 2016 :
    Thanks! I think it's been working well since the factory reset. I haven't really been able to test the mst, just NFC. Overall I'm really enjoying the watch.

pangjunk and MarcJG like this.
  12. Lionheart087
    Cupcake Dec 13, 2016

13. Revenge81
    Gingerbread Dec 22, 2016

Revenge81 , Dec 22, 2016 :
    i have 3t an gear s3 and everything works flawlessly

i didn't tried samsung pay but also on samsung site it's certificated to work on all android devices

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016

14. G_BMWKante_vKip
    Donut Jan 8, 2017

G_BMWKante_vKip , Jan 8, 2017 :
    I have an Oneplus3 with Gear S3. Everything works as it should. Only S Voice could not write a SMS "Service not available". SMS in contacts work great. This is a know problem with some SMS apps on Android devices.

Very nice watch so far :)

15. RonnieSan
    Cupcake Jan 9, 2017

RonnieSan , Jan 9, 2017 :
    Same here with trying to use S Voice for SMS. You need a Samsung Phone to use S Voice for SMS, but SMS by typing on watch works fine.

I've also used Samsung Pay with my OP3 to pay at Home Depot self checkout pretty flawlessly.

16. nishanthrockz
    Cupcake Mar 31, 2017

nishanthrockz , Mar 31, 2017 :
    Where to get the samsung Pay app for OP3 . I am in INDIA . . . Please help . . .

17. F_Ton_Spierings_fEwU
    Cupcake Apr 29, 2017

F_Ton_Spierings_fEwU , Apr 29, 2017 :
    I am using the samsung gear s3 for about a week now. No problems discovered in working with the oneplus3. Everything works as it should.

18. Daniyalahmedk
    Cupcake Apr 30, 2017

Daniyalahmedk , Apr 30, 2017 :
    can you share the steps you followed to connect OP3 with Gear S3? Mine jus stuck-up while establishing connection

19. Daniyalahmedk
    Cupcake Apr 30, 2017

Daniyalahmedk , Apr 30, 2017 :
    is your gear S3 international version?

20. BALAN OVIDIU
    Cupcake May 13, 2017

BALAN OVIDIU , May 13, 2017 :
    I bought the the Samsung Gear S3 Classic to use it with my OP3. Most of the functions are there, but there are a couple of issues to which Samsung stated that has nothing to do with them. First of all the email app & message icons are not available, but the functionality is, meaning you still receive notifications & can reply. The integrated music app is not working but if you use Google music it does. Also if you get notified on Whatsapp you can only see the last notification line and not all of them, but this can be fixed with a very cheap app. For me the email thing is a huge downside since I use it for work and I was not able to find any fix for it after a few days of searching and talking with Samsung reps. It seems that Android wear will be made available via root at some point. So far is a very good device but this lack of global integration is very unpleasent. Connected also with a Samsung device and all of the functionality was there.