Gear Up! How well do you Hi-Def game

1. KnightofScorpio
    US Brand Ambassador Oct 4, 2019

KnightofScorpio , Oct 4, 2019 :
    [​IMG]
    With the uprising of Hi-Def gaming from 90Hz enabled games, mobile game streaming services like Shadow, Vortex, Stadia (by Google), and VR gaming, the gaming industry is making a shift. Mobile games aren't just basic, low-cost developed games like snake anymore, they're actually closer to being full-fledged games. Industry giants like Nintendo are creating, brand new IP's like Dragalia Lost, Pokemon has developed titles like Pokemon Go and Pokemon Masters, and mobile games are becoming more and more, graphically-intensive, richer in content and game life (length it takes you play through the game, including replay value). Laptops are even starting to use Qualcomm Snapdragon mobile platforms from Lenovo to Samsung, to Huawei. Mobile hardware is beginning to become much more capable. So that begs the question, how well equipped is your smartphone to handle these Hi-Def development of mobile games?

I decided to see, where do we stand, in performance for these graphic-intensive games. So, I went to my sister, who owns a pretty recently flagship, the iPhone 8 Plus. I’m currently using the OnePlus 7T. The OnePlus 7T is the newest and greatest addition to the OnePlus smartphone family, touting the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ Mobile platform, 6.65-inch (3100×1440 / 516 PPI) Fluid AMOLED / 90Hz and HDR10+, 8GB of RAM, UFS 3.0 with 128GB of internal storage. With all of this under its hood, and its Gaming mode, it stands as a strong contender for one of the best gaming and entertainment smartphones currently. The iPhone 8 Plus features the Apple A11 Bionic processor, 4.7-inch (diagonal - 1334-by-750-pixel resolution at 326 ppi) / widescreen LCD Multi-Touch display with IPS technology / Retina HD display, 3GB of RAM with 64GB of internal storage.

So now, how do they compare?

Games:
    Note: Rather than talk about each game individually, the performance will be displayed via the videos, and I will point out any notable differences via each individual section of performance sections: lag, display, tactile feedback, etc.

Video:

Timestamps:

Mask Gun comparison - 00:53

Marvel Contest of Champions comparison - 04:59

Asphalt 9: Legends Comparison - 08:05

Basketball Stars - 14:01

Takeaways (15:45):
    Haptic Feedback - 15:51
    Graphic comparison - 16:19

Display:

The colors on the OnePlus 7T were brighter, more: vibrant, robust, lively, and just popped. This is heavily evident in games like Asphalt 9: Legends: Legends on the OnePlus 7T. The robust colors really brings you into the world, like a dream cruise looking at the cars in the idle screens, and the real-world environments like experience new life when being introduced to new unchartered territory with such rich culture. iPhone 8 Plus were washed out, like an overcast. The graphics on both devices were smooth with fluid motion, but the Fluid AMOLED/ HDR10+ display on the OnePlus 7T provided much more EPIC, theater experience than the 8 Plus. The colors were captivating and enticing, immersing you into the beauty of the hard work and effort the developers put into the cars and environments, than solely focusing on the racing, getting the full experience.

iPhone 8 Plus (MaskGuns):
    [​IMG]
    OnePlus 7T (MaskGuns):
    [​IMG]
    Side-by-Side:
    [​IMG]
    Note: You may not be able to tell from these screen grabs over even this photo above, but you can definitely tell in-person. The YouTube video above may offer better results.

Gaming Performance:

Thanks to the OnePlus 7T’s 90Hz refresh rate, and the Snapdragon 855+ Mobile platform, Mask Guns ran near the peak of 60fps vs the iPhone 8 Plus that ran near a peak of 30fps. Both games ran rather well, but Mask Guns on the 7T ran a lot smoother. Everything ran fluid through Marvel’s Contest of Champions, Asphalt 9: Legends: Legends, and Basketball Stars.

Lag:

There was no lag in gameplay on either the OnePlus 7T or iPhone 8 Plus. However, during game launch, there was a delay in loading up MaskGuns on the iPhone 8 Plus. Outside of that, everything loaded pretty smooth.

Haptic Feedback:

Haptic Feedback on the OnePlus 7T is amazing. its most notable on Asphalt 9: Legends Legends. The phone vibrates creates turbulence just like you're on the road, but obviously more extreme, you get the feeling that your car is being pushed to the extreme, crossing various terrains, burning rubber, switching from gear to gear as you’re bursting through the sound barrier. You feel that you're making your way across country, like a getaway chase. The iPhone 8 Plus doesn't have this feature, though it does have system haptics, which were enabled; however, no haptics were felt while racing as my sister confirmed.

Just in case you're unsure of what haptic feedback is Robert Blenkinsopp of Ultrahaptics (n.d.) explains it quite well,

"Human beings have five senses, but electronic devices communicate with us using predominantly just two: sight and hearing.

Haptic feedback (often shortened to just haptics) changes this by simulating the sense of touch. Not only can you touch a computer or other device, but the computer can touch you back."​

Tactile response:

With the 7T’s Fluid AMOLED, and the iPhone 8 Plus’ widescreen LCD Multi-Touch display with IPS technology, both smartphone touch controls touch controls felt accurate, and there was no disconnect that would make it feel less of a video game.

Audio

Audio on both the OnePlus 7T, and iPhone 8 Plus, were loud and clear.

Wrap-Up

Mobile gaming is becoming more of a serious gaming platform with industry giants like Nintendo creating new IPs for mobile games, heavyweights like Samsung, Lenovo, and Huawei using Qualcomm Snapdragon mobile platforms for laptop processors, and the creation of cloud gaming that stretches across mobile platforms like Shadow, and the upcoming Stadia by Google. In my testing, the OnePlus 7T fared amazingly as a contender for this Hi-Def gaming environment, with its haptic feedback enhancements that’s felt on games like Asphalt 9: Legends: Legends, truly feeling you’re behind the wheel, robust graphic performance, with colors that truly pop, bringing the game’s environment to life, seen on games like Mask Guns, and Asphalt 9: Legends Legends, and speedy loading times. The iPhone 8 Plus fared pretty amazing too, as far as loading games fast, and having no stutters in performance while playing any of the 4 games; however, games like Mask Guns proved it still lagged heavily behind competition as it only peaked at 30fps, while the 7T peaked at 60fps in performance. The graphic quality also left a lot to be desired, as the Fluid AMOLED HDR10+ display gave an EPIC theater-like experience . Games couldn’t be brought to life as great as the OnePlus 7T either, with no haptic feedback enhancements, making you miss a gaming controller at times, and it’s rumble features in games like Asphalt 9: Legends, where you might want to feel the turbulence and adrenaline on the road.

So, I challenge you to challenge your friends and family members, to see, are their smartphones ready for this Hi-Def gaming environment? The OnePlus 7T is.

2. KnightofScorpio
    US Brand Ambassador Oct 6, 2019

Stickied Post
    KnightofScorpio , Oct 6, 2019 :
    Don't have it, or anyone with it.

My sister doesn't want to upgrade, and my best friend is upgrading, but the new iPhone is backordered until 10/15-10/26. He has the 8 Plus as well, he didn't want the X or any variation of it, as most people I know.

Just used what I had available. Believe me, if I could, I would.
    The iPhone 8 Plus is still very well capable. I do get your point though.

3. meatandy
    Oreo Oct 4, 2019

meatandy , Oct 4, 2019 :
    A House divided is a house that falls , you better convert your sister to Android soon™. :p

Anyway , Thanks for your comparison.

4. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Oct 4, 2019

The1Lion , Oct 4, 2019 :
    Candy Crush doesn't seem that much different between my OP6, wife's Pixel XL and son's Motorola Razr foldable prototype. :p

5. Partha s 7701
    Cupcake Oct 5, 2019

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019

6. U1531578232296
    Donut Oct 5, 2019

KoolVishal, Lukeet, Hadas90 and 28 others like this.

devil5614737 likes this.

devil5614737 likes this.
  9. E1518541976203
    Donut Oct 5, 2019

E1518541976203 , Oct 5, 2019 :
    I sold my note 10+ and bought one plus 7t and I think I made a right choice it's more smoother than the note atleast the Exynos variant I don't know about Snapdragon. Gaming is also better

10. devang bucha
    Froyo Oct 5, 2019

11. blahq7
    Froyo Oct 5, 2019

blahq7 , Oct 5, 2019 :
    Yes, the 7pro has a better screen, higher refresh rate, and more ram (in the 12gb version).

However, I've never used more than 6.9gb of ram at max (that I've seen), so it's nice to see so much free (but kind of useless) ram.

1570249618462.jpg

The only downside is that the processer is not as good in the 7pro as in the 7t, (855 vs. 855+) but that barely makes a difference, unless you play extremely processer-intensive games.

Can't wait to see the 7T pro! It's gotta exist, because phone case manufacturers are making cases for it

1570250022342.jpg

Hopefully OnePlus will have wireless warp charge soon. I mean, never settle, right?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019

12. SAMM96
    Cupcake Oct 5, 2019

SAMM96 , via OnePlus Community App , Oct 5, 2019 :
    Can u please elaborate on heating issues and battery drain in opt7... Many users are saying its the case n i m planning to buy the opt7.... Thanks in advance....

13. ivanlipotan
    Donut Oct 5, 2019

14. G_vennavalli_ashok_rstl
    Gingerbread Oct 5, 2019

15. Gursimran_82956
    Cupcake Oct 5, 2019

Gursimran_82956 , via OnePlus 7T , Oct 5, 2019 :
    how much does it heat while gaming?

16. G_vennavalli_ashok_rstl
    Gingerbread Oct 5, 2019

G_vennavalli_ashok_rstl , Oct 5, 2019 :

ivanlipotan

Why don't you compare with iphone 11 pro?​

obviously they know oneplus 7t can't beat iphone 11 pro in performance but it was impressive against A11 bionic nice performance.

17. BRAD FORD BOI
    Gingerbread Oct 5, 2019

18. blahq7
    Froyo Oct 5, 2019

blahq7 , Oct 5, 2019 :
    because iPhone 11 pro cost isn't worth it

1570265320162.jpg
    even with minimum specs (11, not 11 pro, and only 64gb storage) it comes to $999. If you get 256 gb storage it comes to $1149, which is seriously overpriced.

go with 1+.

never settle

ivanlipotan likes this.
  19. ivanlipotan
    Donut Oct 5, 2019

ivanlipotan , via OnePlus 7 , Oct 5, 2019 :
    hahaha, I know..their price also quite different. i dont blame that oneplus is not good enough. the price is equal the quality. but I really like one plus. I used OP7 ..

Lord Titi and G1533957632788 like this.
  21. ivanlipotan
    Donut Oct 5, 2019

ivanlipotan , via OnePlus 7 , Oct 5, 2019 :
    i agree with that.