Marshmallow Sep 7, 2018

the_o2 likes this.
  4. the_o2
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Sep 7, 2018

Dresa91 likes this.
  5. [email protected]
    Froyo Sep 7, 2018

[email protected] , Sep 7, 2018 :
    yeah I did but someone merged it with useless thread and that didn't help me any! so! I will update the link

6. B_Wrath
    Junior Moderator Junior Moderator Sep 7, 2018

B_Wrath , Sep 7, 2018 :
    That's because you are creating redundant threads.... General discussions on Android Pie are to be done in the thread on which your post was merged...
    This is a forum.. Not a social media platform... Please abide by the rules and terms...
    Eventually, this thread will also be merged... Don't create another pointless thread after that...

7. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow Sep 7, 2018

Hydra Bob , Sep 7, 2018 :
    I'm assuming the reason Google hasn't put a higher priority on this is because you have to install a malicious app that takes advantage of this loophole to be affected. And I would hope any apps that abuse the broadcast receiver function for this reason would be promptly removed from the play store.

8. [email protected]
    Froyo Sep 7, 2018

and how are you going to discuss something if it's merged with dead threads and no one is even gonna read it?
    Talk about redundant! pfff ! This community and it's so-called high graded members are the most REDUNDANT thing in existence now!

9. [email protected]
    Froyo Sep 7, 2018

Hydra Bob

I'm assuming the reason Google hasn't put a higher priority on this is because you have to install a malicious app that takes advantage of this loophole to be affected. And I would hope any apps that abuse the broadcast receiver function for this reason would be promptly removed from the play store.​

that did cross my thoughts but you know how some sites don't work with adblockers? and how some sticky pop-ups make you accidentally download these apps? Maybe you and I are smart enough to take precautionary measures but someone new to Android devices won't understand that so it's a great security concern in many areas! I won't mind pointing out that even my parents don't know even 1% of Android and I don't blame them for that since they are themselves the victim of sudden technological advancements! so if a update might help save a few devices, what's the harm in that?

10. B_Wrath
    Junior Moderator Junior Moderator Sep 7, 2018

B_Wrath , Sep 7, 2018 :
    These redundant members are the guys who are trying to keep the forum informative by preventing the important posts from getting buried under nonsense...
    And you are part of the community now... So act like one...

And as mentioned above by hydrabob, it requires installation of shady apps, which can access these information, will be automatically removed from the play store... That's why even Google is least bothered...

11. [email protected]
    Froyo Sep 7, 2018

yeah sure whatever you say![e]1f602[/e]

12. Hydra Bob
    Marshmallow Sep 7, 2018

Hydra Bob , Sep 7, 2018 :
    Sure it's a potential concern but when you bring installation from unknown sources into the equation you bring in a whole host of other possible exploits and vulnerabilities in as well. OnePlus is usually one the first to bring out new updates and the fact that every phone from the OP3 onward will eventually get Pie is a claim few other manufacturers can make. It is an interesting find and I'll probably look more into it when I get back within range of a WiFi network but as of right now it's not something I'm too terribly concerned about.