Get Digitally Disconnected and Really Reconnected, with Zen Mode 2.0

1. Gary C.
    OxygenOS Product Lead Staff Member Oct 9, 2020

Gary C. , Oct 9, 2020 :
    Zen 2.jpg

Hi friends,

How’s it going with your Zen journey? Enjoying your peace of mind alone? Now it can be more than that – more people and more options. Presenting the revamped Zen Mode 2.0 that has already been available on the Play Store. We are looking forward to hearing your sharing about this.

In this disconnected times, we hope this redesigned product can offer you a chance to stay closer to your loved ones in a special way. Keep on reading to check out the new features and updates.

Group feature, the virtual phone stack
    Nowadays, especially during the quarantine, it is quite common to see people, whether it be friends, couples or the family, sitting around a table silently only to be busy fiddling with their own phones. Seemingly together while virtually disconnected due to the distraction presented by their phones.

That’s where the Group feature can come in handy. This feature works quite similar to the “phone stacking” – forcing everyone to leave their phones alone and reconnect with each other in real life. Putting down the phone, you can talk, laugh and spend some real quality time together with friends.

With this feature you don’t have to go around collecting phones in person, but simply create a room in Zen Mode and send a code to invite anyone to join. By anyone, we literally mean anyone owning any brand of phones – not OnePlus exclusive.

To enable the Group feature, as shown in the image below, you simply need to tap on the “multi-user” icon right next to the “single-user” icon. Then you can create a room, send the invitation code to friends and start Zen Mode when all are in. When the Group Zen ends, you can even take a photo to record the meaningful moment and share it with others.

MicrosoftTeams-image (15).png

The Group feature is all about accomplishing an agreed task with a group of people together while on a digital detox. As for what kind of task? It could be having a meeting, reading a book, or having a dinner. The answer is definitely not limited to these. Feel free to surprise us with your brilliant ideas in the comment.

Five themes for a more immersive experience
    There’s an overhaul of the whole UI which aims to provide you with a more immersive experience while “zen-ning in”. Five themes are available for your choice – Ocean, Space, Grassland, Sunrise and Meditation. You can swipe left or right to pick the very one theme you feel right about at the moment.

upload_2020-9-30_11-53-30.png

More duration options to satisfy diverse needs
    On top of the previous customization, we’ve added new duration options of 1 minute, 90 minutes and 120 minutes. Give it a try to plan a more flexible schedule for your Zen time.

时长选择.png

Get started with Zen Mode 2.0
    1.Update to the Zen Mode 2.0 in Play Store. For now it’s available for OnePlus 5 and 5T, OnePlus 6 and 6T, OnePlus 7 series and 7T series, OnePlus 8 series and OnePlus Nord.
    2. To enter Zen Mode, pull down the quick settings panel, swipe left to find and tap on “Zen Mode” tile.

Zen Mode is always aiming to bring you a better digital wellbeing experience, and we’re exploring more ways to do so. So, give it a shot today and let us know how you feel about it in the comment below.

Never Settle.

2. D.Sai Suhail Baba
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 9, 2020

D.Sai Suhail Baba , Oct 9, 2020 :
    New version Zen Mode is working fine on OnePlus 6t. I have using from couple of days. Used it yesterday. New theme and New UI is too good to take of my eyes from using Zen mode 2.0. @Gary C.
    And the best feature I love is Group option. It is helping me and my friends a lot with studies and working. I love it ❤️.

3. derLenno
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Oct 9, 2020

derLenno , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Oct 9, 2020 :
    New Zen Mode is gorgeous. Glad to see so much work being put into this! Group feature is quite a big plus and I'm glad that there are people who use it with me - sometimes...

4. Rajnish_Dhull

waliuxd and G_plusone like this.
  5. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Oct 9, 2020

YRJ , Oct 9, 2020 :
    Damn! This is quite an update. Good going Gary :cool:
    Let's see who's going to join a group session with me :p

6. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Oct 9, 2020

7. sumitMZ007
    Honeycomb Oct 9, 2020

sumitMZ007 , via OnePlus 6 , Oct 9, 2020 :
    Nice implementation.and zen mode does really helps and brings out the most from the user like me who tends to improve their hobbies.In my free time I turned zen mode on and focused on sketching!!!! In lockdown time I made this for my Friend who lost his dog recently.and he loved it!!
    View attachment 1421013

8. BeardyBiceps

9. Ashwardhan.
    Eclair Oct 9, 2020

Ashwardhan. , via OnePlus Nord , Oct 9, 2020 :
    Yeah this ZEN mode is really helpful to shutdown everything for sometime and have some time for ourselves.. I personally regularly use this... This is most helpful thing in OnePlus mobile and that's a good implementation. And new Zen mode is looking good... Who else use Zen mode regularly along with me..🙋🏻‍♂️🙋🏻‍♂️ And pls bring some updates for Nord mobile's for power consumption and macro cam. And recently I'm facing call connectivity issues... Who else facing this...?? Pls have an update for that as early as possible coz everytime I'm rebooting the device for call connection.... Have an update....
    Overall that's a good mobile. And eagerly waiting for 8T... [e]2764[/e]️[e]2764[/e]️

10. Godfather 1
    Jelly Bean Oct 9, 2020

ykrudra and G_plusone like this.
  11. MakB
    Honeycomb Oct 9, 2020

G_plusone likes this.
  12. Me.Sarita
    Cupcake Oct 9, 2020

Me.Sarita , via OnePlus 7T , Oct 9, 2020 :
    Hey OnePlus I recently went to check on all the updates for OnePlus apps and I tried to update the OnePlus note app and wouldn't update so I thought of uninstalling and then reinstalling it so that I can get the update at the same time... And then found out that the app was on early access and the whole early access thing is full so... How can I get back that app?

Pls help

G_plusone likes this.
  13. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Oct 9, 2020

jlasensiofi likes this.
  14. sudarsanavarma
    Cupcake Oct 9, 2020

U1597910427706 likes this.

16. Harishsivakumar96
    Gingerbread Oct 9, 2020

Harishsivakumar96 , via OnePlus 3 , Oct 9, 2020 :
    I don't think this is the right thread to ask this question anyways stable might get released with 8T launch or it might release in a month or so . I would say it's coming soon 🔜

17. Shailender Sharma

U1597910427706 likes this.
  18. manuel19
    The Lab - OnePlus 8T Reviewer Oct 9, 2020

manuel19 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 9, 2020 :
    As a big fan since it's beginning, I am loving it even more now. Thanks a lot for these great improvements, can't wait for what's more to come! Fantastic job oneplus!

jlasensiofi and Batman360 like this.
  19. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Oct 9, 2020

jlasensiofi and Batman360 like this.