Get more out of your phone with Google One

1. Gary C.
    OxygenOS Operations Staff Member Jun 19, 2020

Gary C. , Jun 19, 2020 :
    Google One_header_1.png
    Hi friends,

Today, I’d like to share some details on the special product offers you get just for being part of the OnePlus family. Presenting Google One, a membership from Google that gives you extra cloud storage, phone backup, and more.

Google One is a membership that helps you get more out of Google through expanded storage across Google Drive, Gmail, and Google Photos, phone backup to keep the data on your phone stored safely, and additional benefits. And now, we’re offering a trial to all OnePlus devices. Did I pique your interest? Keep on reading!

Space for what matters
    OnePlus boasts of a terrific camera lens that enables you to shoot wonderful photos and videos of life moments. These precious memories deserve to be cherished but in so many cases they either have to be abandoned or get compressed due to limited phone storage.
    Sticker 2.jpg

Now, thanks to Google One, there’s no more compromise. Feel free to take all the photos and videos you like and enjoy the peace of mind that all the moments that matter to you are safely stored in the cloud, in full resolution, and available from any of your devices. In addition to photos and videos, you can also store your important files, documents, music and more in the cloud provided you have enough account storage left.

For OnePlus 8 series users, we’re offering you a 3-month trial of Google One with 100 GB of cloud storage; for users with all previous models varying from OnePlus One to OnePlus 7T Pro, a 1-month trial.

Your phone, always backed up
    Google One keeps all your photos, contacts, messages, and more on your phone automatically backed up, so everything that’s important to you is stored safely in the cloud. In case your device gets broken or lost, rest assured that you can get everything back by simply restoring the data on your new OnePlus phone.
    unnamed_3.gif
    Simply storage for the whole family
    Have extra storage?
    You’re allowed to invite up to 5 additional people to share your Google One membership. They get their own space to store personal files, emails, and photos and access to the other benefits of Google One.

Plus additional benefits across Google
    As a Google One member, you also get access to additional benefits, like access to Google experts who can help you with any questions about Google products and other perks like preferred hotel pricing (benefits vary by region).

Tips for redeeming the free trial
    For OnePlus 8 Series users, simply open the Google One app and you will see a gift box screen allowing you to redeem the 3-month trial.

For previous OnePlus devices, please install the Google One app from the Play Store, and when you open the app you will see a gift box screen and be able to redeem the 1-month trial (Highly recommended for those users who need to backup before sending devices to our repair center).

Which part do you like most about Google One on your OnePlus phone? Let us know in the comments below.

Never Settle.

2. Some_Random_Username
    Honeycomb Jun 19, 2020

3. SeanPlus
    Honeycomb Jun 19, 2020

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020

Vishnu C Nair and stajni1 like this.
  5. harshil1903
    Jelly Bean Jun 19, 2020

harshil1903 , via OnePlus 7T , Jun 19, 2020 :
    . If you're using more than 15 GB of storage, all your files will stay safe, but you won't be able to store anything new. The downside though, no more syncing newer Google Photos at highest quality, no more sending or receiving e-mails, no more uploading new files to drive, until you clear out used space below 15 GB that you initially get for free.

WoM123, Batman360, G_plusone and 2 others like this.
  6. harshil1903
    Jelly Bean Jun 19, 2020

Did you read what's said in the thread? Trial is available for all OnePlus phones from OnePlus 1 to OnePlus 8.

7. JustASoftwareEngineer
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 19, 2020

JustASoftwareEngineer , Jun 19, 2020 :
    I've subscribed to Google One for a while. I love it; lets me keep my stuff in one place. I have Google accounts with free unlimited storage, but I rather not migrate and have to use a Google account tied to an organization.

It'd be cool if OnePlus could negotiate preferred rates for their customers for Google One subscriptions.

Thanks for sharing this post.

WoM123, SirHenriK, MaxNix and 3 others like this.
  8. Swatiranjan

G_plusone likes this.
  9. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Jun 19, 2020

G_plusone , Jun 19, 2020 :
    Glad to see the extension to all OnePlus devices @Gary C.
    Thanks for the clarification

10. harshil1903
    Jelly Bean Jun 19, 2020

An evil smart minded person would know how to keep those 100 gigs forever xD

G_plusone likes this.
  11. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Jun 19, 2020

Haha yeah
    But I already have 4 Gmail accounts :p and I haven't even filled 15GB in Total :D

12. harshil1903
    Jelly Bean Jun 19, 2020

G_plusone likes this.
  13. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Jun 19, 2020

Oops it's supposed to be haven't.
    I don't actually have 15 GB of data in all my 4 accounts combined :D
    I am no Senpai :p

harshil1903 likes this.
  14. ASCHENTE_V
    Jelly Bean Jun 19, 2020

malidan, harshil1903 and G_plusone like this.
  15. harshil1903
    Jelly Bean Jun 19, 2020

Idk why I read that at TB the first time. [e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e]

G_plusone likes this.
  16. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Jun 19, 2020

Woah no way :D
    Hahaha

harshil1903 likes this.
  17. Adex0ne

18. MaxNix
    Cupcake Jun 19, 2020

MaxNix , Jun 19, 2020 :
    3 Whole months?

I am underwhelmed.

19. rajshah2412
    Gingerbread Jun 19, 2020

rajshah2412 , Jun 19, 2020 :
    Thank You @Gary C. for the Google One offer for OnePlus devices. Its a great way to keep all your things in one place so that you don't have to search for it in different places. I have used Google One for a while and I can say that it's the only thing I need to keep my data synced and updated across devices so that you can work from it anywhere on any device on your account. It's also a great way to copy all the data before going for a device repair as you mentioned. I hope everyone can enjoy it. An additional benefit if possible should be that after completion of the trial, OnePlus users should have some additional discount on the prices which can be done through Google negotiation. Maybe a 10-20% discount. Then it would be a no-brainer for everyone to use. Thanks @Gary C.

20. Mondkalb
    Honeycomb Jun 19, 2020

Mondkalb , via OnePlus 6 , Jun 19, 2020 :
    Not in a million years Google would get my data, before they're encrypted with cryptomator 🤣️ they have to pay me to even consider this ...