Get ready for Addition n.02! Submit your story and be featured.

1. Chris dB
    Social Media Staff Member Dec 11, 2019

Chris dB , Dec 11, 2019 :
    Forum - Magazine n2.png

Friends,

Earlier this year, we introduced Addition Magazine. The very first issue of our magazine immediately left a big impression on our community, and your feedback convinced us to get started on issue n.02 straight away. With Addition n.02, we want to cover the intersection between people and tech. Stories that talk about individuals who are pushing the limits of technology with limited resources, but big ambitions.

As with all things we do, we believe our best ideas are only possible with the support of our community. That’s why we want to involve you in the next issue of Addition Magazine. The OnePlus Community is made up of fascinating stories. To make the next issue of Addition even more memorable than the last, we want to invite you to share these stories; the weirdest, funniest, and most inspiring stories you have.

We want to work with you to make sure your story is told in the best way possible, while ensuring your story matches the tone of voice of Addition Magazine. Although we would love to feature every single member of our community, we are sadly limited by our pages. Here's what you need to include in your email to increase your chances of being featured in Addition Magazine:
    • Send a short pitch of your story of no more than 150 words to addition@oneplus.com, answering the following questions:
    • Why should readers care about your story? Are you talking about a unique subject, do you have an inspiring personal story, are you aiming to attract people with humor? Try to think about what you’ll do to attract readers.
    • Who are the most important people in the story and why do they matter? Addition focuses on the way technology interacts with individual people, which means every story should have a personal / human angle.
    • What role does technology play in your story? Stories don’t have to be focused exclusively on tech, but they should always have a tech component. How did modern technology impact your story and how will you convey that role in your article?
    • How will your story inspire readers? With Addition, we want to inspire our readers and convince them to act. What do you want readers to take away from your story?
    • A story can be anything; an interview, a poem, a short story, a deep-dive, or whatever else you want it to be. We are open to all kinds of reader submissions, so impress us with your creativity.
    • If you are selected, you will receive a personal reply from our team within 48 hours of submitting. (We would love to send everyone a personal reply, but there simply aren't enough hours in a day.)
    • P.S. Please help us streamline the submission process by including 'Community Submission' in your subject line. This will make it easier for us to notice your submission, meaning you'll receive a faster reply.
    Not a writer, but still interested in getting involved in Addition? In Addition n.02 we want to give back to our community by opening up our ad space to your business ventures. If you, or someone you know, is running or part of a business that's deserving of a shout, don't hesitate to reach out to us via addition@oneplus.com. Please include 'Community Advertisement' in your subject line. Once received, we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

Finally, I wanted to give a special shout-out to @YRJ and his story contest. We’re happy to announce that the winner of his contest will automatically be considered for Addition n.02, so give it your all!

Never Settle.
    Chris

2. rameshshreyas
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 11, 2019

3. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Dec 11, 2019

G_plusone , Dec 11, 2019 :
    Firstly I would like to thank Everyone for n.01 Addition.
    It was great to read the Magazine and reminisce OnePlus's growth and our own experience with the community.
    It will be great to see the second version.

Nice shout out to @YRJ

4. YRJ
    Marshmallow Dec 11, 2019

YRJ , Dec 11, 2019 :
    Finally!
    Yassss. I might send my story too ;)

Btw, all the best folks looking forward to your entries here.

5. luxuskamel
    Lollipop Dec 11, 2019

6. Starcommander
    Lollipop Dec 11, 2019

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019

7. rameshshreyas

8. YRJ
    Marshmallow Dec 11, 2019

YRJ , Dec 11, 2019 :
    Hmm.....
    Addition is a great initiative. I've been excited ever since I first heard about it. In your last survey I saw lot of keywords, that suggest that it would be a treasure trove of community generated content or for the least All things OnePlus!

Love the idea and the execution but all I'm saying is keep it real. Keep it original. Unfiltered/unbiased reading material is what I'm looking forward to.

Just my 2 cents.
    All the best for no.2.
    Regards,
    Y

9. Chris dB
    Social Media Staff Member Dec 11, 2019

Chris dB , Dec 11, 2019 :
    Don't worry, we hear you. We're working on a lot of excitement content that I'm sure will match your expectations.

10. YRJ
    Marshmallow Dec 11, 2019

YRJ , Dec 11, 2019 :
    Glad that you are reading.
    Can't wait to get my hands on no.2 :D

11. Helder_DAlmeida

12. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Dec 11, 2019

13. Insert cool name

14. Starcommander
    Lollipop Dec 11, 2019

Starcommander , Dec 11, 2019 :
    Yeah, I kinda submitted it through @YRJ 's contest!

MosheG1, luigimario and YRJ like this.
  15. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Dec 11, 2019

luigimario , Dec 11, 2019 :
    Couldn't hurt to email it in too, just in case you don't win the thread :D

MosheG1 and YRJ like this.

17. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Dec 11, 2019

G_plusone , Dec 11, 2019 :
    This @Chris dB how's the work on the PDF Version of the Addition Magazine ?
    Would be great for others who didn't get it to read

sandi_developer and MosheG1 like this.
  18. TheAyushJain , via OnePlus 6T Mirror Black , Dec 11, 2019 :
    Yeah , I was so pissed off and jealous about people getting to read the magazine and here I am sitting and liking their twitter posts
    At least a digital copy , would be good

sandi_developer likes this.
  20. aolirl
    Honeycomb Dec 11, 2019

aolirl , Dec 11, 2019 :
    @Chris dB sounds very interesting, I hope to be able to submit a story!

and shout out to @YRJ and his story thread of which I have a submission in there too.

What a bonus to know that the winning story gets a spot in Issue n.02

sandi_developer, YRJ and MosheG1 like this.