Get your forum questions answered faster. Introducing Starting Point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Y. Global Community Manager Staff Member Mar 27, 2018

David Y., Mar 27, 2018 :
    812193.jpg

Do you remember the first day of high school? For most of us, we probably recall feeling lost or awkward because we didn't know how things work. We didn't know where to sit or who to talk to during lunch, only that we better figure it out so that we don't become the class weirdo. Fast forward a few years, when you're the upperclassman, and you spot a lost freshman who obviously doesn’t understand how things work. He misses social cues and makes a nuisance of himself by asking questions at the wrong time and gets made fun of by some of the upperclassman. At this point, you have a choice: do you watch this guy fail or step in to help?

For those of us who are older and out of our student years, this scenario may seem like a distant memory. But actually the same situation repeats throughout life, when we move countries or join new companies. Even on our very own Community Forums. New guys need a little extra help. Who better to help than fellow forum users, who have been through the same issues!

We're kicking off a new section of the forums where newbies can feel safe to ask questions about basic forum things. If you can't find what you're looking for or a thread where to ask your questions, here you can post as soon you join and without worrying about getting shouted at for making a repeat thread. A team of veteran community users will keep an eye on this forum section and give an appropriate answer (or kindly redirect you to the right place).

Who all is on this awesome team of selfless super helpers? Please join me in giving a huge thank you to @dsmonteiro, @ɢноѕтΘпе,
    @Cheetosdust, @Baymax, @Sun90, @Gav_W86

We hope this new forum section and help team will help make the heart of the OnePlus community a more organized and enjoyable place. Less frustration and anger, and more helping each other out. Because that's what makes OnePlus a special community for many. We come from different countries and may never meet in person, but through the bond of good tech, we share our knowledge to help each other out. Let's keep doing what we're good at.

Notice: New members are ONLY allowed to create new threads on the "Starting Point" forum in the first 15 days after they have registered (our bug report platform is not included).[/USER]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2018

2. gusuraman Global Head Moderator Mar 27, 2018

Stickied Post
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2018

3. script Nougat Moderator Mar 27, 2018

script, Mar 27, 2018 :
    Great idea,

And yes, my first steps in (other) forums decades ago were not much better than some cupcakes here today.

Happy to help every now and then, I'll have a look :)

4. LightningXIII Lollipop Community Expert Mar 27, 2018

5. pablofg1978 Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Mar 27, 2018

6. Rob W Ice Cream Sandwich Community Expert Mar 27, 2018

maffearth, iNtEnSePL, Sun90 and 24 others like this.
  7. youbi Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Mar 27, 2018

youbi, Mar 27, 2018 :
    All of us know what it was being a new user in an online forum and all of use did some sort of screw up, so its always nice to have a place for all where you don't need to be scared of asking stuff and you wont be shot dead immediately after doing it. :sweatsmile:

The truth is that having issues on your phone and joining the forum to ask for help is the starting point for most users (only later they get engaged by the community they found). So its always nice to have a safe zone for that to happen.

[​IMG]

In the Portuguese section we always tried to have a thread where everyone could ask anything about their device, no matter how dumb the question could be, and it always proved it self a great way to help people and be helped. :)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018

camohan, Sun90, keithnyc and 19 others like this.
  8. Moin2200 KitKat Mar 27, 2018

Moin2200, Mar 27, 2018 :
    Sounds great.
    Hopefully this will help a lot of cupcakes finding their way around,

9. Shivang Joshi Starting Point Expert Mar 27, 2018

keithnyc, Ruby G., otto2 and 4 others like this.
  10. GuitarHero0179 Jelly Bean Mar 27, 2018

11. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Mar 27, 2018

12. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Mar 27, 2018

Cheetosdust, Mar 27, 2018 :
    Awesome idea, thanks for the thread @David Y.

I think this will help the forums more organized.

And what a superstar team you have there, congratulations to everyone that's going to start on this new journey. :)

Ceasedd, Sun90, Crystal Z. and 17 others like this.
  13. pinto123 Honeycomb Mar 27, 2018

pinto123, Mar 27, 2018 :
    This is very good and helpful to those who can ask anything and everything when you come to OP first.... Great job... Happy to help...

14. Punk_69 Lollipop Mar 27, 2018

woSch, Sun90, otto2 and 5 others like this.
  15. GopalB. Nougat Mar 27, 2018

GopalB., Mar 27, 2018 :
    Great idea...
    Now will have to wait and see if it really helps... ;)
    So ex mods community experts got some powers???

Sun90, VaibhavBhargava, otto2 and 5 others like this.
  16. Ashwin2295 Gingerbread Mar 27, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe and SoniaB like this.
  17. Gaston NP Lollipop Moderator Mar 27, 2018

18. mr_priyanshu Jelly Bean Mar 27, 2018

otto2, luxuskamel, superplus and 5 others like this.
  19. Dunnow The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Mar 27, 2018

Dunnow, Mar 27, 2018 :
    Sigh, I've read the title and I was like, YAAAY! I can rush my "Questions for @Adam Krisko " from like a year ago x'D

Edit: Nice initiative I guess, will see if they do notice such section and how it evolves

20. Pradeep@1+ Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 27, 2018

Pradeep@1+, Mar 27, 2018 :
    Obviously a needed one as we got a lot of cupcakes [e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e][e]1f602[/e]

Sun90 and NeVeR_SeTTLe like this.
  21. idkwhoiam322 Nougat Mar 27, 2018