Getting a OTG? via OnePlus 6T

1. kristycocopop
    Cupcake Oct 24, 2020

kristycocopop , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 24, 2020 :
    I'm thinking of getting a OTG so I can keep all my music with me (Google play music has ended and I don't want to stream because of data).
    However, reading the forms here, I see that there are a lot of complaints about OTGs not working on the OnePlus phones but working on other devices.
    There is not enough room for all my music on the phone itself and I don’t know what else to do.

2. cdnfarmer
    Photography Expert Community Expert Oct 25, 2020

cdnfarmer , Oct 25, 2020 :
    Hi there,

OTG cable gives you the ability to connect to an external storage. I have a OnePlus OTG cable with a OnePlus 6 and it works great. It also works well on the Nord using Android 10. I use it primarily as backup for photo or access documents when I'm in an online /teleconference call and need to be in a remote area without a computer. It works great. Yes, I use a different file manager (total Commander) as I like how it works for accessing files. If I don't have the software on the phone (word or Google sheets) , the file doesn't open but that means to make sure the phone has the proper software installed or correct file format (in my case, I used pdf). Make sure your usb is compatible, and you have the proper software on your phone.

A few additional tips:
    1. Turn on OTG (either from quick menu or thru settings>system) first.
    2. Then plug in the cable then the USB then external hard drive.
    3. Access the file through your preferred file manager.
    4. If there is 10 mins of inactivity, the OTG turns off.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020

kristycocopop and BeingIncog like this.
  3. O1592918272837
    Cupcake Nov 29, 2020 at 7:39 AM