Getting Oneplus 7 Pro Repaired in Europe?

1. Synovialbasher
    Cupcake Aug 7, 2020

Synovialbasher , Aug 7, 2020 :
    Hello everyone!

I am currently living in Spain (originally from the US). I purchased a Oneplus 7 Pro about a year ago and overall I've been very satisfied with the phone. Unfortunately, a little over a month ago, the inevitable happened: I dropped the phone and the screen shattered. My fault, should have been more careful. No big deal, I figured I would contact Oneplus and have it sent in for repaired.

I opened a repair request through the Oneplus website, went ahead and followed the procedure (took photos, sent the IMEI, etc.) and sent the phone out in early July. On July 13, Oneplus recieved my device at their service center (CTDI) in Poland. A day later, I received a quote from them, and within the 5 day approval period I approved the quote and paid the amount in Euros. I received an email the following day saying that the payment was cancelled by the recipient (PayU). I contacted Oneplus and they encouraged me to try it again. So I did, and I checked with the bank, who processed the payment. Again, within a day the payment was cancelled. I've been emailing Oneplus back and forth, and so far the only response I've been given is that "the case has been escalated, we will get back to you within 24 to 48 hours". That time tends to lapse and I am forced to reach out to them yet again asking what the status of this is. I've also reached out to CTDI regarding this and they haven't responded to me at all.

It's coming up on a month now that I've been without my phone. I've been borrowing a friend's old phone in the meantime, but I really would like to get mine back. Has anyone had any issues with getitng their Oneplus repaired in Europe, and if so, how did you resolve it? I'm afraid of this turning into a nightmare trying to get my phone repaired, or at the very least returned to me! I don't know what else there is that I can do now.

Thank you all for your input!

Joe

2. Dave_Will
    Eclair Aug 7, 2020

Dave_Will , Aug 7, 2020 :
    What payment methods have you tried?

Maybe they don't accept PayU, I haven't seen many European businesses that accept it.

According to OnePlus Spain page, only Visa, MasterCard and PayPal accepted.

[​IMG]

3. Synovialbasher
    Cupcake Aug 7, 2020

Synovialbasher , Aug 7, 2020 :
    Hmmm interesting... PayU seems to be the only way I can pay. From what I've found out I need to pay the 3rd party directly, not OnePlus. I will contact them about paying directly by paypal or credit card directly to Oneplus. Thank you so much for noticing that! I really appreciate it!!!

4. Dave_Will
    Eclair Aug 7, 2020