ghost touch issue via OnePlus 6

1. wasim_sk
    Cupcake Feb 20, 2020

2. drl431
    Marshmallow Feb 20, 2020

drl431 , Feb 20, 2020 :
    I have not had this issue (OP6 on 10.3.1), but I would try a factory reset. (First back up your data to the cloud or a pc.) If the issue is not corrected with a factory reset, there could be a hardware problem.

Kytharsis and Caomhin like this.
  3. wasim_sk
    Cupcake Feb 20, 2020

4. drl431
    Marshmallow Feb 20, 2020

drl431 , Feb 20, 2020 :
    Ok, are you using an after-market screen protector in addition to a phone case? If so, try removing the phone case, or the screen protector.

Caomhin likes this.
  5. wasim_sk
    Cupcake Feb 20, 2020

6. drl431
    Marshmallow Feb 20, 2020

drl431 , Feb 20, 2020 :
    So even after the factory reset, and before you restored/installed your apps, the ghost touch issue was apparent? Then the next step would be to contact OnePlus customer service.

7. DrJMun
    KitKat Feb 20, 2020

DrJMun , Feb 20, 2020 :
    You could try disabling 3 finger screenshot (assuming you have it on). Otherwise I'd think it's a HW issue and you'd have to contact support.

drl431 and Kytharsis like this.
  8. Tom_Wooldridge
    Cupcake Feb 23, 2020

Tom_Wooldridge , Feb 23, 2020 :
    I'm still getting ghost touches severely. It was supposed to be fixed in update 9.5.7? I'm on 10 something now. Like the OP I do not have a screen protector and have tried factory reset

9. Kytharsis
    Nougat Feb 24, 2020

Kytharsis , Feb 24, 2020 :
    Ghost touches? Can you explain a bit more?

drl431 likes this.
  10. Tom_Wooldridge
    Cupcake Feb 24, 2020

11. Tom_Wooldridge
    Cupcake Feb 24, 2020

Tom_Wooldridge , Feb 24, 2020 :
    Yes sure. Essentially what happens is the screen is pressed by itself unpredictably. It ranges from being a one off interference to being really irritating and invasive. For me it always "touches" the top right corner of the screen. It just happens to be a really common place for buttons to be e.g. the call button on WhatsApp and Messenger and quite commonly a post button. This means I'm often making accidental calls and posting things mid sentence.

I've found that turning the screen off and on serves as a temporary improvement. None of the solutions I've been suggested so far ever fix it completely though.

It was a known issue when the phone was still new and I remember an update referring to a fix for it in the changelog but some devices are still affected it seems.

I hope there is a more robust fix soon! I love the phone but something annoying like this completely disrupts the smooth experience it was designed for!

I am using a Oneplus 7 Pro base model (6GB RAM + 128GB storage)

Y1581062267867 likes this.
  12. Y1581062267867 , via OnePlus Community App , Feb 25, 2020 :
    even after the new updates there is still touch issue in a game like PUBG..

13. G_Tom_Barnes_mqCA
    Donut Mar 1, 2020

G_Tom_Barnes_mqCA , Mar 1, 2020 :
    Try turning off NFC. I have this issue and it occurs randomly when I have NFC turned on. As soon as I turn it off the issue goes. I have no idea why and neither do oneplus apparently.

Tom_Wooldridge likes this.
  14. Tom_Wooldridge
    Cupcake Mar 8, 2020

Tom_Wooldridge , Mar 8, 2020 :

G_Tom_Barnes_mqCA

Try turning off NFC. I have this issue and it occurs randomly when I have NFC turned on. As soon as I turn it off the issue goes. I have no idea why and neither do oneplus apparently.​

This sounds promising, I've always had it on. Since turning it off this morning I haven't had any issues. Will keep you posted. This would definitely be something to feedback to OnePlus if NFC is linked to the root cause

15. G_Tom_Barnes_mqCA
    Donut Mar 8, 2020

G_Tom_Barnes_mqCA , Mar 8, 2020 :
    I contacted Oneplus and they asked me to send my phone back for repair but said it could take 4 weeks... I haven't got a spare phone to use in that time so gave up and I have decided to live with it.