[Giveaway] 5 Questions with Lex: Why OnePlus for Gaming

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmoody1
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

dmoody1 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Question 1) Why did I choose OnePlus over other phone brands?

a. I had a friend who had owned multiple OnePlus phones and he highly recommended them.
    b. Professional reviewers repeatedly named OnePlus as a great "flagship killer" with great specs & features for a great price. I also liked how uncluttered and clean the Oxygen OS operating system is.

2. Creamy_Pie_
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

Creamy_Pie_ , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 18, 2019 :
    5) What is one area that you'd like to see OnePlus optimize in their smartphones for even better gaming experiences?

My Answer: So far even though we have good processors and Display, Something I would like to see Is a larger battery for long times without charge for long gameplay time.

MosheG1 likes this.
  3. TheJeff_08
    Eclair Oct 18, 2019

TheJeff_08 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    2) I actually bought a 5T when my phone at the time died, having read a lot about the phones and OnePlus as a company. Was super excited to get it in my hands when I realized LTE band 13 wasn't supported! Being on Verizon we all know what that meant. So my wife got the barely 6 month old 5T, and I was super jealous. Then the 6T dropped. Love this phone. It's snappy, it's got a great screen, and I was able to score the sweet limited Thunder Purple color, and I can't get enough.
    Back in 2016 I met a guy at work rocking a OnePlus One very proudly. I think he finally upgraded last year? If I can get even half that kind of life from my 6T I'll be super happy.

I1546371245226 and MosheG1 like this.
  4. arbayer2
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

arbayer2 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    5) What is one area that you'd like to see OnePlus optimize in their smartphones for even better gaming experiences?

I'd like to see an improvement in audio and display brightness as a 6T user - this probably was improved to an extent but visibility outdoors is mediocre and mono-only audio leaves much to be desired in terms of volume and quality. Ideally a return to the 3.5mm headphone jack would significantly help with connecting the device to better audio output while simultaneously allowing for charging for extended gameplay sessions or external data transfer.

TheJeff_08 and I1546371245226 like this.
  5. jimschubert
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

jimschubert , Oct 18, 2019 :
    2) What's your history with OnePlus devices.

I'm on the OnePlus 7 Pro. This is my second ever OnePlus device after the OnePlus 6. I'd previously used Nexus and LG devices, but decided to switch to OnePlus because I was tired of all the bloat on other devices. I was hesitant at first because I used wireless charging, but I used it only when LG's USB-C port stopped charging due to "moisture" (rather, lint). I haven't missed wireless charging. In fact, I've had ZERO charging issues since the switch.

I now have a much better camera, more space, a better screen, and a faster -- heck, a better-- phone for a lot less money.

I have the default OnePlus thin case on my phone with no screen protection. I've dropped this phone multiple times with and without the case, and it keeps on ticking. I have a work phone (Google Pixel 3), and it fell off my lap only once after having it only a couple months. The glass back of the Pixel 3 shattered! Why do people but such crappy phones when there's OnePlus?

I've managed to convert one friend over to OnePlus, but I plan to work to convert everyone I know.

I1546371245226 likes this.
  6. Q1559424845920
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

Q1559424845920 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Q5: For a better gaming experience, I think OnePlus could add better, front firing speakers. This would be a great upgrade when it comes to gaming. The all screen display is great, but slightly bigger bezels or at least no edge display would allow for a better grip when gaming. Finally, a faster refresh rate, such as 120 Hz would never hurt.

I1546371245226 likes this.
  7. seanlink
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

seanlink , Oct 18, 2019 :
    I had the one plus before and it was a great platform-still is a great platform.

8. JGonzal635
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

JGonzal635 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    so for question 1.
    I went with a one plus device over other gaming phones like the rog phone because of 2 main reasons.
    1, Oxygen OS I've found to be much cleaner than other Android "skins" so its a great android experience and
    2, I dont want the "gamer" aesthetic with the rgb all the things in a device I carry around everyday. let's keep that for the gaming PC at home.

9. Kanrit
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

Kanrit , Oct 18, 2019 :
    2) What's your history with OnePlus devices?

So, my stepdad is a big hardware geek, the kind who likes to take things apart and put them back together or replace parts. I've had a smartphone earlier than any of my peers because he would buy all kinds of early models and tinker with them, then I'd get the "frankstein's devices" and test them. I've had a long, long list of various devices, from obscure Chinese brands he'd ship directly from there to the better known ones (the few which I remember would be Zoppo, Xiaomi, Huawei, Meizu, Coolpad; probably, many more). My experience was primarily with Android, though I had a brief acquaintance with a company-issued Windows-powered Nokia in 2014-15.
    Finally, my husband - a long-time Galaxy fan - got me OnePlus 2 for a birthday. What a treat, man! Firstly, I had *lots* of envy and curiosity back at the office, and that's from Microsoft workers. But more importantly, it was the perfect Android experience: highly customizable, without the clutter and awkwardness some other Android devices can have, and, well - Samsung-level quality of the device itself. I also loved the camera, it had some kind of set-up which worked perfectly for close-up (borderline macro) pics in poor light, so it served me well on gastro-trips through the Middle East, and the against-sunlight shots of Petra came out plain stunning, I barely had to make any balancing.
    Like all good things, it came to an end - I was taking pictures by the pool, it slipped, landed hard on the screen, on a stone pavement. After about a year suffering through the cracked screen and some more damage, somebody gifted me an iPhone, for a change.
    This was my first Apple product. I cannot begin to describe how much I hated it. I kept telling myself it would grow on me, all this fuss can't be for nothing, so many people love it .. No. Awful, unoptimal, whimsical design, easy overheating, camera mostly geared towards selfies and phone-quality images which look stupid on a PC screen. Macro or landscape taken in poor light on auto? Forget it. Too much Hearthstone or Raid? Better wear gloves. Customization? Within prescribed levels of "individuality". Freaking change an alarm time? three extra unnecessary steps!
    In short, I hated it so much that after a year of cajoling myself to save money and use the phone till its natural demise, I gave up and used all of my monthly earning as a TA at my college to buy an Android. I shopped around in a couple of US stores, found no OnePlus, checked out my hubby's new Samsung - and ordered my OnePlus 6 online. We've been happy together ever since, playing through hours and hours of Blades, Raid, Legends, etc. After almost a year of heavy use and gaming, I'm yet to have a single problem with it. Unless the quality or performance goes down, I'm done experimenting, I've found my phone, for today, and for the next time I need a new one.

MosheG1 likes this.
  10. eddyruiz
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

eddyruiz , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Question: What's your history with OnePlus devices?

Answer: The 6T is my first OnePlus device. I was tired of the usual price of Samsung phones and was looking for a good phone that was cost effective. A co-worker had an original OnePlus phone that he gave me and so I used that to trade in at a great deal. The result is spectacular! I love my phone. I never had that feeling with a Samsung phone and I owned a few generations of those. I'm going to stick with OnePlus for a while.

11. ProjectZeroZ
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

ProjectZeroZ , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Question 1: I choose the OP7Pro for gaming because of it monitor refresh rate, screens, and lastly the charging time. the monitor refresh rate make a huge difference as it making gaming way smoother then any other phone. The whole screen is interactable and doesn't have a camera on it which sometimes get in the way. Lastly the charging is fast which make it ready for fast.

12. dpr46
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

dpr46 , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , Oct 18, 2019 :
    What's your history with OnePlus devices?
    i have always been intrigued by OnePlus since the beginning but was in the iOS side of things. Once the 7 pro came out and i tested it i was hooked! i switched and have had nothing but good things to say about it. Finally an OS that just works!, and the 90hz display is amazing. I think i will be sticking around as long as OnePlus continues to pump out great devices and maintaining the experience.

13. Z1556323773631
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

Z1556323773631 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    This is my second one plus device.. I have been a long time Samsung note user since the first note. I bought the 6t on A whim I now have the 7pro and have been in love with one plus since. Great device. I am a one plus guy now.

MosheG1 likes this.
  14. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Oct 18, 2019

MosheG1 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 18, 2019 :
    which one did you get, also I love unbox therapy!

15. G1570514091690
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

G1570514091690 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    so my answer for question No.3 would be that I prefer to use a Android system due to the fact that there are numerous emulation possibilities if you know your coding and developer settings, in example me and a few friends from across the sea use a app called "Delta touch" which is a very nice app that allows you to play various versions of the older Doom games with multiplayer, mods, map packs and the best part is that the operating system on my oneplus 7pro in conjunction to the freedom you get with Android is able to use a mod for it called "project brutality" that runs smoother on my oneplus 7pro better then on any other operating system even more so then most computers I have played it on and this makes the multiplayer death matches and capture the flag games extremely fun!

I love OnePlus products now because of this and they are now the only phones I will ever buy.

16. G_Dhanush_Dasari
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

G_Dhanush_Dasari , Oct 18, 2019 :
    what matters to me the most is a clean and stock experience. the op7pro is my first OnePlus and I love it for it's fast and intuitive software. coming from a abhorrent mess that is touchwiz on the S7 edge, this is a nice phone.

gaming wise. I have been playing a lot of psp games. right now I am playing prince of Persia on the PPSSPP emulator, which runs amazingly well at frame rates well above 60

as to why I didnt go with a comparitively price gaming phone is due to the heavy emphasis on the gamer vibe of the phone. I don't want to proclaim to the world that I am gamer by having a phone that has rgb and copper cutouts. I wanted a phone not a gaming device. the OnePlus suited my needs as a blazing fast device with a capable enough camera (though it is not amazing) suited to my needs, and of course the oneplus community

17. Maskiez
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

Maskiez , Oct 18, 2019 :
    What is your history with OnePlus' devices?

I have been watching oneplus since the OnePlus One. I was fascinated by the back cover sandstone finish as well as the overall design but because it was an invites system back then, I couldn't get my hand on it. A couple years later finally no more invites system, and even though it was very good for it's price, there are a few other phones at the time with better features. They are quite more expensive than OnePlus but I can still afford them. So I bought the S8. Had it for 2 years. During this, I have thought of the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T, but since my S8 was still pretty good. I kept it until now the release of the OnePlus 7 Pro really got my attention again, and also my S8 is kinda brokren down due to drop. I finally got me a OnePlus 7 Pro, and oh boy, isn't it beautiful with the full screen display and I have never experienced anything as smooth and fast as this everything is just flawless beside no headphone jack since I have a M50X Audio Technica but I also have a wireless earbug so it is still flawless compared to all of mine past phone. And with that price. I call it perfection. Samsung and other flagship brand is just going crazy with their prices. I'm glad that OnePlus exist. Finally a true flagship killer not with just flagship specs, but also with many incredible features that a flagship doesn't have.

18. XSAstro
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

XSAstro , Oct 18, 2019 :
    3)I prefer gaming on Android because of it wider selection, a selection that not only covers the play store, but also smaller homebrewish games released online. Add the edition of emulation, and you have an almost limitless supply of games.

19. Rowekx
    Froyo Oct 18, 2019

Rowekx , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 18, 2019 :
    I began with the OnePlus 3T. there was something about the way that phone performed that was different than any phone I've ever owned. I use it everywhere. I purchased a lot of cases. One, because I wanted to protect it and two, I guess I felt complete owning it. I didn't have this need to look out beyond what OnePlus was doing. Then without warning, OnePlus updated my phone to give it face recognition.

Who does that?

Most companies building Android phones just move on.

But it was getting on in age and even though it is still as smooth and snappy as the day I opened it, along came the OnePlus 6T. It was the only phone I felt comfortable enough to buy. Shortly after that my current phone, my OnePlus 7T.
    Suffice it to say, this is not only my brand, it is my company. It's like being apart of a family. OnePlus takes care of it's own. I'm good with that.

20. I1570025529096 , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , Oct 18, 2019 :
    1.) I chose OnePlus over other gaming phones because the other companies try so hard to please EVERYONE, that they don't stand out in any specific category. I love my 7 pro. No notch, hole punch, tear drop, etc; just all screen for a premium experience. The Warp Charging is second to none. 90Hz refresh rate is ridiculous. Smoothest experience you'll ever have just swiping around your phone's apps. Its therapeutic. We miss out on the wireless charging, but why would you want to put the phone down? and if you do put set it down, plugging it in for 20 minutes gives you enough battery to forget all about wireless charging. 256GB built in of storage makes external memory chips extinct. the best overall experience I've had on a phone.