[Giveaway] 5 Questions with Lex: Why OnePlus for Gaming

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdevere18
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

mdevere18 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    I would say what sticks out for gamers with this phone is the water-cooling aspect of it. my phone never gets hot nor over years. my friends who have Galaxy phones or iPhones have gotten theirs quite warm when gaming in comparison to mine. it also stays cooler in my pocket than my old phone ever did

2. D1560970461233
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

D1560970461233 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    1) I choose OnePlus over any other phone brand because it is basically the underdog of the flagship smartphone world, if you go outside and someone questions you as to what type of phone you have, they probably have never even heard of OnePlus unless they themselves own one. To be frank they really make the perfect smartphone, OnePlus actually listens to their consumers and add features to the OS that make our user experience more enjoyable. I wouldn't prefer to have any other smartphone right now or in the future. It's kind of hard to believe that people pay up to $1300 for a phone (iPhone) that has the specs of a computer from the early 2000's. I love Oneplus' message and what they represent...and that is to make the best user friendly phone out there.

3. R1557770397313
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

R1557770397313 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    I chose OnePlus because I made a lot of research on buying a phone. I wanted something that was both affordable and technologically superior compared to most flag ship phones. I also wanted something that most people didn't have to show that it's not all about iPhones and Samsung's and that other brands like OnePlus can compete and exceed consumer expectations. currently rocking a OnePlus 6t

4. H1571367126976
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

H1571367126976 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Question #2.

The OnePlus 7 Pro is my first OnePlus phone but I had my eye on the 6T for awhile but wasn't due for an upgrade yet. So when the 7 Pro came to T-Mobile I got it the first day it was available and will never use another brand as long as I live. The speed, beautiful screen, and great camera will only get better in future iterations and I will be getting them all. I am officially a OnePlus fan boy and not ashamed to say it.

G1571367000254 likes this.
  5. G1571367000254
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

G1571367000254 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    I think the OnePlus has the greatest user experience with OxygenOS, no bloatware, and Gaming Mode. I love the OnePlus community as well. With this experience I'll never own another brand of phone again.

6. hhazeley
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

7. Q1571367053328
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

Q1571367053328 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    2) What's your history with OnePlus devices
    my oneplus 7 pro is the First one plus device I've ever owned but it has easily become my favorite phone I've ever owned in just a couple of months. High refresh rate all the things!

8. E1571367231900
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

9. Lukas__
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

Lukas__ , Oct 18, 2019 :
    I've always used Android devices starting at about 2012 ish where I had an old Samsung Galaxy tab 2 then the tab A after that I recently got the s5e and my first smartphone was a op7p

10. B1571366920641
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

B1571366920641 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    2) What's your history with OnePlus devices?
    I just happened upon the OnePlus at my carriers online store. Loved the look and the phone/camera features. It wasn't until I got the phone home and my son freaked out exclaiming, "YOU GOT A GAMING PHONE!" I was like what are you talking about.

It wasn't until he rushed me to download FortNite and PUBG, that my mind was level 10 blown away. Prior to the 7 Pro, I had a Sony Xperia.

At this point I'll be sticking with OnePlus. My Call of Duty Mobile experience is phenomenal. Even my iPhone obsessed son can't keep his hands off my phone and admits it's much nicer than his.

11. Buzz59x
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

Buzz59x , Oct 18, 2019 :
    question 1: I did a lot of research when I wanted to switch phones and I've never heard of the oneplus brand. but the OnePlus brand caught my attention on phone specs and speed for the price. I said I gotta try this brand. I started to read reviews and they have me the confident to choose this brand. I was already sold on specs and the price. I looked for a phone that has good hardware for my gaming needs. and at that time the 6T was the latest model but I went with the OnePlus 6. I am late to the game with this brand cause I was always a Samsung fan. when I got a hold of the OnePlus 6 I loved the way oxygen OS was so clean compare to others, specially carrier phones and how they add there own bloatware. I immediately loved the skin the OnePlus has. I became an instant fan that as soon as the 7pro came out I bought it and have the 6 to my wife and she even loves it too. this is the best gaming phone and phone phone all in one, and for a very good price. I don't think any company can beat the features and specs the OnePlus brings to the table for the price. to me this is the best phone for the value. if you like speed you gotta love OnePlus.

12. U1571366656457
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

U1571366656457 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    #2 My history with OnePlus...that's simple, HISTORIC! The most satisfied I've been with a smart phone to date. I can't think of a 'priduct' in general that I have been this happy with. I went into the store for a new phone, set on a Samsung Galaxy S10. The salesperson asked me if I've seen the OnePlus. I never heard of it. But I politely let him give me a demo and was blown away. I was most impressed by the camera. I have people stop me all the time when they see me taking photos, to ask what phone it is... It STANDS out! You have earned a loyal customer!!!

13. U1571367346553
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

14. risky1301
    Lollipop Oct 18, 2019

risky1301 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Question 2

I remember hearing all this hype about a flagship killer back in 2014, a buddy turned me on to it. I later came to the forum and thought pretty cool, people talking about the phone and of course begging for invites. I have to say I learned so much from the community, this is the first place and time that I tried rooting my phone, several unsuccessful attempts, but I learned from each failure. The community was extremely helpful in helping me each time I bricked my device or something went wrong. I love this community for that!! Well after about 2 weeks of lurking was gifted with an invite. I now have the OP6t and love everything about it, never had any issues, I will admit that I do the have the T-Mo version.
    I still own my OPO and still works like a champ, I will never let this thing go!

Well good luck to everyone and I look forward to reading your entries!

15. Tanjim_Ahammad
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

Tanjim_Ahammad , Oct 18, 2019 :
    For me, the one biggest reason why OnePlus is the best for mobile gamers is the software. Not only is OxygenOS light, but it adds features like Gaming and Fnatic mode which really allows me to game uninterrupted while getting the absolute maximum performance possible.

16. extracell
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

extracell , Oct 18, 2019 :
    What's your history with OnePlus devices?

My significant other has a one plus 6, and I thought hey, why not get the 6t? after a couple months of saving, I finally was able to get this phone and I currently love it, thanks one plus!

17. X1571367337192
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

X1571367337192 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    question 1:

I chose one plus because I liked that I could get a flagship device for a budget price. other phone companies boasted high specs and abilities but I wasn't seeing enough proof. my friend had a one plus 3 for a long time and I liked that his phone wasn't obsolete after a couple years. I'm very happy with my decision and think I'll stay with one plus in the future

18. crawrj
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

crawrj , Oct 18, 2019 :
    1) Why did you choose OnePlus over any of the other brand who are also making gaming phones?

I have been a Samsung user for many years. Each year I upgrade but am never excited about the upgrade. Nothing has really thrilled me or made me look forward to the upgrade. This year I had the chance to switch to the OnePlus 7 Pro 5G (Sprint). I had not been that excited to get a new phone in many years. The biggest draw for me was the screen. I hate the notch design and not having the notch was huge. The screen size was also great. And the refresh rate just pushed it way over there top. Second to me was that it is very close to stock Android. I'm not a fan of TouchWiz or other modifications. Oxygen is very close to stock which I love The other specs were outstanding. And after using the phone for a month I couldn't be happier. I immediately saw a huge difference in gaming from the S9+. The look, feel, speed, sound, battery and quality are outstanding. You have a new fan and I'm hoping for a long future.

19. Magic.Micah4444
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

Magic.Micah4444 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    What is one area that you'd like to see OnePlus optimize in their smartphones for even better gaming experiences?

I personally would love to see OnePlus come out with a tablet that had specs that could handle online/mobile gaming. With that have complete phone integration with this tablet to utilize for gaming. OnePlus is an amazing company and I'll definitely stick to the products for the rest of my time having a mobile device, but leveraging seemless connectivity between different products.

20. yuikol14
    Donut Oct 18, 2019

yuikol14 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    What is one area that you'd like to see OnePlus optimize in their smartphones for even better gaming experiences?

I think one area to optimize for gaming is audio. Front facing speakers makes the experience more engaging. A full screen display is pointless because you lose space holding your phone. Having bezels makes the phone look better and be more practical. Also it would be nice to have a 1/8 inch audio port, for expensive high quality head phones.