[Giveaway] 5 Questions with Lex: Why OnePlus for Gaming

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. syserror
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

syserror , Oct 18, 2019 :
    2) What's your history with OnePlus devices?

I was working in a basement on my physical security team and we caught an employee with a phone in a secured area. I had never seen this one. Turns out it was the first generation oneplus. We talked about the phone for hours, as I was in the market for something let me pentest with it.. Turns out the oneplus 2 was about to be released.

I jumped in with an invite code, and was one of those that had virtually zero issues with that one. I have been hooked since. I even used the op2 for about 4 years without problems, upgraded my wife from a windows phone to a op5t, then upgraded myself to my OP6, and got the first gen bullets wireless. I have since handed those over to the wife, and she goes everywhere with them.

Since then, I have turned my op2 into a wireless pentesting system running a mobile friendly version of kali (which was designed for oneplus 3). That got me a job in cybersecurity and I have talked all of my coworkers to abandon their Samsung Moto and Google devices for the oneplus brand.

2. R1558127390136 , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , Oct 18, 2019 :
    This oneplus 7 pro is my first oneplus phone. I've always stayed on top of what's new in the electronic market and it fascinated me. But like any device or service someone has, it's difficult to switch. It was like breaking up with a gf/bf when you think about it. The devices we had at the time brought us joy etc. So it kind of felt like cheating to switch to a whole other brand. Even though we know there are better things out there. I've always been fascinated about the oneplus, but was skeptic to dump my samsung and start a new relationship. Not from fear, but more from being comfortable of what I have.

After having the same brand for so many years, others were starting to look a little better. When the 7pro came out, I couldn't wait. First day it was available I put in my pre-order and never looked back. This is the best phone I've owned by far. And unlike relationships where after it's over. You think, could I have done anything different, was it me? You find yourself thinking about them from time to time, remembering the good times. Well that hasn't been the case for me lol. I've never looked back once, and I don't plan on it. She (samsung) is gone for good, and I'm marrying this one and having babies (oneplus) lol.

3. that_starman
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

that_starman , Oct 18, 2019 :
    question 2: I didn't have any previous experience with OnePlus phones, but once I saw the 7pro I was in love. with the 90htz display and the 4,000 mAh battery, I knew this was the phone that would last me for the next few years.

4. E1571367036381
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

E1571367036381 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    1) Why did you choose OnePlus over any of the other brand who are also making gaming phones? Because of the low-cost of the 3T I got 4 months ago. The phone works great for it's age and still looks modern. Software has worked wonderful for Android 9 and One Ui. Overall the OnePlus 3T has been a joy to use and well worth the price

5. F_Steven_Cheung_qZBr
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

F_Steven_Cheung_qZBr , Oct 18, 2019 :
    No history with one plus. I had them on my radar because I heard they made flagship level phones with a very competitive price point. Very happy with the 7 pro and one plus so far.

6. D1568816466895
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

D1568816466895 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    My answer if for the 4th question. The screen was what sold me. It is absolutely amazing with the 1440p and 90hz. The performance of the processor and RAM really helps, but the screen is my favorite.

7. slydante
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

slydante , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Question 4:) If you had to identify one quality of the OnePlus 7T that makes it a standout choice for mobile gamers, what would it be?

It has to be the 90Hz display. What a total dream come true.

8. G_Ronit_Tewari_bioY
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

G_Ronit_Tewari_bioY , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Question 2 : Before I owned a oneplus I owned a Honor 5x, primarily because that is the first phone I bought with my own money. But it was pretty slow and very finicky at times. So I was looking to buy a new phone and my friend introduced me to the 3t and I was hooked. He told me the specs and I was like whaaaat, no ******* way, a phone cannot have that much power and be that cost efficient. After doing my own research I was hooked and I said im buying a oneplus as soon as I can. And then in college when I had gotten a little bit more money I bought the oneplus 5t without thinking twice, and I never regretted it. I still love this phone , with 6gb ram and snapdragon 835 this beast of a phone never slows down. To this date my phone has never slowed down, even when I had like 30 applications open at a time because I forgot about it as nothing ever lagged. As far as gaming performance goes it's pretty good but I also do alot of photography and I basically fell in love with the camera because it has the option to shoot RAW. Now for those of you who know what RAW is this is mind blowing, for those of you who don't know what it is its basically a really big file image that retains every detail the camera can provide, which meant you can also edit and do a lot of professional photography. That actually came in handy when I took really good shots and I wanted to edit them right away but I did not have my PC or laptop around , what I did have is my phone so I downloaded light-room and let me tell you how happy I was that the app can actually work without any lag and let me edit on my phone with all the major settings. I really dont wanna buy a new phone because I really like this one , but I only got the 64 gb version and I really need the 128 or 256 gb one for files and photos. So thats my next purchase as soon as I can save up!! I really like the company because they basically showed that just the name brand should not allow for the phone to be so pricey but it should provide a high quality product for the right price. Even though the 7 pro is 700 dollars compared to the samsung and iphone counterparts its really a high quality phone for almost half their price. I am looking forward to buying the 7t hopefully soon. I dont think I am gonna be changing companies for a while as far as phones go.

9. G.I. GEORGE
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

G.I. GEORGE , Oct 18, 2019 :
    1) Why did you choose OnePlus over any of the other brand who are also making gaming phones?
    I used to be an avid iPhone user. However, a couple months ago, my iPhone X could not handle the games I was playing anymore. I searched far and wide for the best gaming phone. After doing a ton of research, OnePlus 7 Pro was the best choice out there! 90hz AMOLED display, 8gb of Ram, Snapdragon 855, all of that for almost half the price of my iPhone. It was a no brainer. You get more BANG for your buck for sure!

This OnePlus 7Pro is my first OnePlus device! I am forever bound to OnePlus now till the day I die.

3) Is there a reason why you prefer gaming on Android over iOS?
    It took me a while to get used to Android, but after using it for a while, I realize it's way more efficient without the constant notification to update my iOS. I feel more free and relaxed having total control over my phone.

4) If you had to identify one quality of the OnePlus 7T that makes it a standout choice for mobile gamers, what would it be?
    It would be none other than the smooth 90hz AMOLED QHD display. So smooth like butter! Graphics are crisp and clean, it's like crack to ga

5) What is one area that you'd like to see OnePlus optimize in their smartphones for even better gaming experiences?
    To be honest OnePlus has done a tremendous job at optimizing the phone, but if I reaaaally had to see something optimized, I would have to say a longer charging cable. I would love to be able to lay in my bed while charging the phone while I game 10 feet away. Ahhh the dream!

10. S1571367317470
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

S1571367317470 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    1)Why did you choose OnePlus over any of the otherbrandsd who are also making gaming phones?

Out of all the gaming phones I chose OnePlus for it's not only just a gaming phone but also a actual phone. None of the specs that a normal high-end phone has the OnePlus phone is not lacking, unlike other gaming phones in which are lacking in just regular phone usage. Its absolutely perfect for that enables a mobile gamer to also call with their friends while playing a game. Other gaming phones are also very expensive but with OnePlus they make it very affordable and amazing plans for buying the phone. Overall the quality of OnePlus is just stunning it makes me want to never buy a phone from another company. I always recommend this phone to anyone I meet just because of how amazing it is.

11. Draztik
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

Draztik , Oct 18, 2019 :

I am new to OnePlus and have always been interested in the phones. I have to say I am very pleased with the device and all it offers at a great price point.

12. WolfMeteor
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

WolfMeteor , Oct 18, 2019 :

I actually started with the OnePlus 3T, but heard about OnePlus through a high school buddy who had been using it at the time and I fell in love with how smooth it was and the quality of the parts that OnePlus phones come in. I proceeded to upgrade to the 5T and now am currently using a 6T McLaren. I've also converted my entire family (and some of my extended family) into OnePlus fans.

13. V1555468134467
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

V1555468134467 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Question 3) I switched to Android because I got tired of Apple nerfing my iPhone every time a new model came out. I can't afford to stay with the latest and greatest but I shouldn't have to suffer slower and slower response time either.

I chose OnePlus in particular when I saw how many people were still rocking the OnePlus 1. that alone told me that OnePlus did not share Apple's shady business practices.

14. pihuChawla
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

pihuChawla , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 18, 2019 :
    unlike traditional gaming phones, OnePlus phones has great cameras as seen in any "shot on OnePlus" contest unlike the Asus ROG phone 2.

All of this combined with minimal bloatware and amazing software that keeps the phone blazing-fast ensures that I will continue to game content and use OnePlus phones for many years to come with it's excellent updates!

15. emilami
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

emilami , Oct 18, 2019 :
    5) What is one area that you'd like to see OnePlus optimize in their smartphones for even better gaming experiences?

I think have to agree with Lex on this one, especially since I am primarily a console gamer. I feel that bigger screens make for a better gaming experience.

A feature I would LOVE to see is the ability to cast games onto a larger screen. I think the option of wireless casting would be ok, but my preference would be an HDMI out port/adapter. My tablet (nVidia Shield LTE model) has an HDMI out port, and I ADORE that feature--I will miss it when that (now) sluggish old tablet dies.

Like Lex, I would also love to see OnePlus make a tablet. Preferably a tablet that is also mobile network friendly, since I am going to need to replace my tablet soon.[e]1f44d[/e]

16. vanemmy1 , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Oct 18, 2019 :
    I have been a loyal Samsung consumer since the begining. It was always a no brainier for me whenever it came time to upgrade my phone, I just got the latest Samsung device. I decided this upgrade to go ahead and get a One Plus 7 Pro. I like the way that One Plus was not affraid to do something different. I love the full screen design and the 90hz display is awesome. The software is crisp and smooth. Moving from a heavily skinned os like One UI to OOS was not as hard as I thought it would be. I love the Vanilla Android with just enough customization options to make my phone my own. I think that it was a very wise decision to choose One Plus and I will be a loyal customer for a long time.

17. Bradford27
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

Bradford27 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    I chose OnePlus over other brands because of the price difference and the raw power of the phone. Once I got my hands on a demo and tested it out I knew I had to get one. I have never seen any other phone just be so fast and powerful. My OnePlus also has not slowed down and still feels the same way from when I pulled it out of the box and powered it on for the first time. For my forseeable future I do not see me owning any other brand, I am now OnePlus for life.

18. erikalokay
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

erikalokay , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 18, 2019 :
    1)
    I've had several Samsung phones followed by two Google phones. my Samsung had issues within the first two weeks. My Google phones, after a year. I was tired of spending money for something that didn't work. I switched to OnePlus after reading a CNET article on the 6t. I fell in love with the McLaren edition. I'm a year in with no noticable change in performance and couldn't be happier. by far the best phone I've ever used.

19. hxrnyforcuddles
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

hxrnyforcuddles , Oct 18, 2019 :
    question 2:
    This is actually my first device from OnePlus as well as my first Android phone. I spent months searching for a secure alternative to Apple products (with increasing prices and stagnant feature updates) that wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg. Now I have the OnePlus 7 Pro and I couldn't be happier with my device! At first I had compromised on screen size (previously, I'd never used anything larger than 4 inches), but I've found myself loving the larger 6.67 inch screen. I also have more storage and RAM than I could ever ask for in a phone, and it handles every task I could ever give it. As a previously stanch iPhone user, this is the best phone I have ever had. I don't think I'll be switching brands again anytime soon.

20. DoubleATorres , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Oct 18, 2019 :
    The question I chose was:
    My first smartphone was the iPhone 4S, all the way to the iPhone 7 Plus, I had been a die hard Apple can since the beginning. When Android devices started to interest me was when the Samsung Galaxy S8 came out and I switched over. A beautiful display, compared to what Apple had at the time. The phone was great, but there was just something that was deterring me from falling in love with it. Then the iPhone X came out, immediately jumped back to the Apple ship. After about 6 months with my iPhone X, it started getting boring and old. I have always been intrigued by the customization of Android but I had always been hesitant since the S8. Then I heard of a little company called OnePlus, getting all the rave about being the best value for the money and whatnot. Still a little hesitant, I watch all reviews possible, try to stay up to date on the latest OnePlus news. But not being able to try the phone before buying was holding me back for the couple years. When the 6T came out, I watched the launch event, only to find out that T-Mobile, my carrier, was going to carry it. The second I tried the demo unit at the store, I knew this was my phone. I placed the order as soon as I could! I was in love with the 6T and OnePlus immediately. The way the phone felt, the snappiness of the 6T, the in-screen fingerprint scanner was something out of this world. I loved the phone so much, I made my brother fall in love with it and he got one too! Now I'm typing this on my 7 Pro and could not have asked for a better phone! The 1440p, 90hz display is literally the best display I have ever later my eyes on. The fluidness of this phone is out of this world, I have never used a phone this smooth and I have yet to seen it struggle. I cannot recommend this phone and OnePlus enough! I Never Settle and neither does this phone!