[Giveaway] 5 Questions with Lex: Why OnePlus for Gaming

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. O1559686794485
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

O1559686794485 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Question 3: I prefer gaming on Android over iOS because of the Google play services, easy access to 3rd party apks, and the specs of the phone vary a lot vs a set line of phones.

2. Wakahisa
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

Wakahisa , Oct 18, 2019 :
    2) The OnePlus 7 is my introduction to the phone series! I previously owned a LG-4 and was in need of an upgrade. The responsiveness of the OnePlus 7 and quality of video entertainment are a treat! I'll continue to follow the OnePlus series and see how it compares to other flagships for future purchases.

3. lukeasch66
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

lukeasch66 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    2. I've been using OnePlus since the 3t and fell in love with the environment. Oxygenos is like Android at its best. Now I have the 6t and haven't looked back since I switched from Samsung.

4. herejere
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

herejere , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Question 2:

I also love taking about History (I do it for a living). I've been around since the OnePlus One. My first tweet ever was @OnePlus. I got the OnePlus X but then became a prodigal son wondering away from OnePlus until I found my way back with the 6T. I really missed the gestures, clean OS, and the cool apricot case when I was minus a OnePlus phone. Really glad to be back and would love to continue with an out of this world Nebula Blue 7 Pro.

5. Filling
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

Filling , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Question One:
    I'm actually new with OnePlus devices! I was looking for an upgrade to my old HTC phone and I was looking for a phone that wasn't expensive for the sake of being expensive, but instead, delivered flagship level performance and ingenuity for a fair price. Even though I love playing games on my phone(I LOVE Brawlstars! :) I still use my phone for much more and I really appreciate how well it performs at all the tasks I throw at it. Lastly, I want to add that I really love the company's mission and message, I think that OnePlus is soon to become the number One ;) phone company in the world!

MosheG1 likes this.

6. W1559331682362
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

W1559331682362 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    I chose one plus because i heard so many good things and I wanted to experience them for myself and so far have not been disappointed

7. SiggyT
    Gingerbread Oct 18, 2019

SiggyT , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 18, 2019 :
    What's your history with OnePlus devices?
    I have owned most of the OnePlus devices except OP3, 5, 6, 7 Pro! Considering getting the 7T! I have loved all my devices and have my entire family (immediate and extended) on the OnePlus train! Price and packed specs is my thing and the camera keeps getting better every year! Love my OnePlus (Never Settle).

8. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Oct 18, 2019

9. Johnishere
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

Johnishere , via OnePlus 6T T-Mobile , Oct 18, 2019 :
    4. The fact that it doesn't heat up! When I play mobile games I really hated the fast that it would always heat up my Google Pixel XL and my iPhone 7 plus. It ultimately sucked. I love having a fast charge too, especially with the fact a lot of games take up so much of it. It would be interesting to have an option not to use the battery when the phone is plugged in. That would be totally helpful.

10. S1563071736813
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

S1563071736813 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Answering Question 1: in all my history with phones I've always stuck with Samsung.. before buying my one+7 pro I was at the store looking at the Galaxy s10.. I was comparing the battery life one+7 with 4,000 mAh vs Samsung 3,400 mAh.. then with the one+ I get a bigger screen without a notch on top.. then when I tried the fanatic mode.. this phone is a beast and even cheaper than it's competitors.. I was sold then .. I love my phone!

11. SheepdogSam
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

SheepdogSam , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Question 5: I'd like to see the audio control expanded so I can hear the sounds I want, when and how I want them. If I connect a pair of headphones then that's the only place any sounds go. I want text messages and other sounds to be able to go to the headphones, and the phone speaker. I'm on a 6t, so maybe this has already need improved, but it's the feature I miss most from previous phones.

12. I1542418479652
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

I1542418479652 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    5) I'd like some more options in gaming mode. For example, any time I start a game, there's a prompt that drops down telling me I'm in gaming mode, and it obscures the screen for a few seconds unless I go and swipe it out of the way. when you jump in and out of games to answer texts and look up tips, this gets old fast. An option to keep that prompt from showing would be great; the symbol in the notification bar is more than enough to indicate it

Beyond that, just more options! I could see a lot of use in being able to set custom brightness and color balances for a specific game every time it launches, for example.

13. TheFlash413
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

TheFlash413 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Question 2.

I used to have an iPod before I switched. I switched to OnePlus and I really like it. The battery life and charging is great. The speed is much better, and there are many more options to customize compared to iOS.

14. JavaCafe01
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

JavaCafe01 , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Question 2)

Back in middle school, I saw one of my friends carrying around a slick new phone that was neither an iPhone or a Samsung. Later that day, I figured out that it was the OnePlus One. Unfortunately, I wasn't allowed to have a phone so I waited.

When I was allowed to get an Android, I immediately ordered the OnePlus 2. Boy, it was a beauty. The sandstone back felt great, and the hardware buttons were flawless. The OnePlus 3 and 3T were released at that time, but I didn't need a new phone yet. The OP2 worked perfectly fine.

As some time passed on, I wanted to upgrade. I searched through some top listed Android phones, and my eyes fell on the OP5. I fell in love. The new camera design and curves were very intriguing. It was also very light, which was a plus. This was the year I started to learn a little more about Android development, and my OP5 served perfectly for debugging apps.

Next, I got the OP6T. It was the first OP device with the teardrop. It was a huge phone, which perfectly fit in my hands. This phone, despite the fragile looking back, is very sturdy. I have dropped this many times, with no scratches or cracks appearing. As I started using my phone a lot in highschool, not only it looked fancy, it functioned very well for taking pictures of my teacher's notes. The camera was just crystal clear.

Now, I'm in college and my OP6T is still surviving. The battery life is great. The phone with heavy usage lasts the whole day, and if I forget to charge it, I can just plug it in to my dash charger in the morning for some juice. As I'm typing this comment on the OP6T, I would like to say that OnePlus has never let me down, and never will. Their phones are top of the line.

15. MrKracker1982
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

MrKracker1982 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Question 2: What has been your experience with OnePlus?

While I'm still new to the OnePlus community, my OnePlus has been a game changer. First off, the phone was awesome enough to make my wife, a die hard Apple user, switch. The processing and loading speeds, the display, lightning fast charging, all game changers. I have co-workers that ask what kind of phone I have, and I proudly say OnePlus! Having a device that does all the stuff the "big" names do, but at a fraction of the cost. Big wins in my book. #flagshipkiller #neversettle.
    Also, thanks for the opportunity to win something amazing!!

16. H1570457985878
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

H1570457985878 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    2.) What's your history with OnePlus devices?

I'm a OnePlus newbie, I've mostly had iPhones and Samsung Galaxies specifically the note series. I was following OnePlus when they were teasing the 7 pro. Once they reveled it, I knew right away that was the the phone for me. I've never had a better phone, I would recommend the 7 pro to anybody.

17. mohammedali83
    Gingerbread Oct 18, 2019

mohammedali83 , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 18, 2019 :
    2) what is your history with OnePlus?

Our history with OnePlus has been almost same as yours. We have been absolutely head over heels from the first launch to the most recent launch. we have followed and bought each phone you have brought out to us. from the humble beginnings of the OnePlus 1 to the OnePlus 7T. We are willing to go with you as long as you don't settle and we won't settle either!!!!

18. temp1111
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

19. FULLM3T8L
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

FULLM3T8L , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 18, 2019 :
    2) I myself started out with an iPhone 3GS and soon after an iPhone 4. I found myself always jailbreaking and customizing my interface as I hated the restrictions iOS had in place...little did I know at the time that the extra effort I was putting into customizing, my Android counterparts had all that standard, yet at this time OnePlus didn't exist and other Android manufacturers lacked the quality and design the iPhone 5 I upgraded to had. With the iPhone 5 I still found myself jailbreaking with the jealousy of Android devices intensifying as their hardware improved. I updated to the 5S because the fingerprint sensor was too amazing to pass up on for me. Once the iPhone 6 came out I finally realized Apple was never going to give me what I wanted and if I wanted to live in a "phone future" I would have to go with Android...and I was fine with that as at this point I felt Apple wasn't the same company they used to be (coincidence that Jobs passed away at this time I think not...). So I went with a Nexus 6P after browsing Android websites and forums and coming to the conclusion that this was the best hardware and Android version together, especially considering it was a Google product. Soon after I upgraded to a Pixel and a Pixel 2 XL after...though I started having the same feeling I had with my iPhone 5/5S...where was the innovation? The Pixels had turned into the iPhones I thought I had escaped from! Here they are charging an enormous price tag for something that is lacking in features because they felt that we as customers didn't need them...sound familiar? Well I held on to my Pixel for as long as I could till I dropped it one day, replaced it quickly with an Essential phone as clean Android was hard to come by especially at a reasonable price. I never really considered OnePlus mainly because of the lack of QHD screens, but have been an OxygenOS fan since seeing it on my brother's 3T...and to make a long story shorter than it could be, the OnePlus 7 Pro came out as if it was made for me! I truly feel for the first time in my 7 years of smartphones that I have not settled!

20. Devika Sholapure
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

Devika Sholapure , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Question 2

Now that I think about it, I was one of the last few people to know about the One Plus's range of phones, I remember feeling strange seeing how in a matter of no time how some of my best friends, my brother and even some relatives seemed to have bought the latest "One Plus 5 t +" phone model. Ever since then up until now, everyone has continued using it and why should they not? There is everything to love in this smartphone which includes a sleekness to durability and effeciency. My One Plus has a 8GB ram,with one of the best cameras to offer and a beautiful display . It's been a wonderful time in this journey!!

21. SaugataDey
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

SaugataDey , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Question 1:

I have a Oneplus 7 Pro. This is my first Oneplus phone after using HTC and Samsung phones.
    In my opinion, the primary issue with using these other phones for gaming is their layer of extra software (appropriately called "bloatware") that tends to slow down the phone after a while. So even when these phones come equipped with reasonable amounts of RAM (My Galaxy had 4GB), as you add more apps, these tack on to the already bloated extraneous software and eat up lots of memory bandwidth so there's very little left for gaming.
    I appreciate how Oneplus put their users first when designing their phones, right from Oneplus One with Cyanogen and then Oxygen OS with the later versions, and they've improved with every iteration. I love the clutter-free experience! I've been using this phone for close to 6 months now and it's as fast as ever, no stuttering, no lag, no dropping frames. It's been an awesome experience so far and I've been converted! Keep up the great work!