[Giveaway] 5 Questions with Lex: Why OnePlus for Gaming

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terminator.J
    Cupcake Oct 17, 2019

Terminator.J , Oct 17, 2019 :
    5) What is one area that you'd like to see OnePlus optimize in their smartphones for even better gaming experiences?
    Oh that's easy! How about... DON'T STEAL KEYEVENT 305 FOR THE FINGERPRINT SCANNER ON ONEPLUS 6 SO THAT I CAN'T USE THE B BUTTON ON ANY GAMEPAD?!

*ahem* Seriously though; I have a bluetooth 8BitDo gamepad and a wired XBox1 controller, and while I'd love to play games in emulation via RetroArch, the deviceparts.apk is hardcoded to intercept keyevent 305 and pass it to OOS as a fingerprint scanner action instead of letting it go through to the default keymap as GAMEPAD_BUTTON_B. On every other phone (Zuk Z2 Plus, Z2 Pro, Kyocera DuraForce Pro) I have, it works fine as a B button.

As this is part of /vendor, it means that the B button is broken in every custom ROM as well as every release of OxygenOS, and will perform whatever action you have assigned to "long press fingerprint scanner", rather than sending GAMEPAD_BUTTON_B to the frontmost activity.

I filed a bug report about it months ago and haven't heard anything about it. Fingers still crossed, but not holding my breath.

Ruby G. likes this.
  2. Vesko G.
    Froyo Oct 17, 2019

Vesko G. , Oct 17, 2019 :
    2) What's your history with OnePlus devices?

I am new to the OnePlus community. I am going to buy OnePlus 7T Pro once it becomes available in the region where I live. I like the stylish look of the phone and the clean Oxygen OS

Ruby G. likes this.
  3. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Oct 17, 2019

MosheG1 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 17, 2019 :
    no clue what you just said, but good luck! sounds very annoying.

4. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Oct 17, 2019

luigimario , Oct 17, 2019 :
    2) What's your history with OnePlus
    Well this is a fun set of questions. I'll go with my history with OnePlus. My first Android phone was an HTC desire and 3 years later the HTC One M7. I was an HTC fan and intended to keep buying the brand but they got too expensive and didn't keep up with value.

The first time I heard of OnePlus was from a friend that got the OnePlus one. It was an impressive phone but I forgot about it after that. It wasn't until the OnePlus 3 was coming out and I was looking for a new phone that another friend mentioned it to me and I was very impressed with the phone at an unbeatable price. OnePlus was offering incredible value at an incredible price and I was sold. I've loved the phone ever since, and I even had the 6T for awhile but the OP3 still held a place in my heart.

In my opinion of which Android phone brand to get, it's basically between Google and OnePlus now because of the frequent software updates. Hardware is nice but the longevity of a phone depends more on software updates. Now that the prices of all flagship level phones is getting close to $1000, I still see more value in OnePlus than Google. So even though the price is a little steep in my mind, I'm pretty sure my next phone will be a OnePlus as well.

risky1301, Ruby G., meatandy and 2 others like this.
  5. MosheG1

what I really like about this thread is that it shows all the people from the USA, like I never knew that @liugimario and@G_plusone were from America amongst some of the others I see posting a lot and that's cool too see cuz I feel like most people on the community are from India or other places outside the USA. I wonder where everyone in the US lives? I split my time living in New Jersey and New York... what about everyone else?

6. MosheG1

@Ruby G. can I disclose this information or will this get removed?

X1568881911204 likes this.
  7. MosheG1

8. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Oct 17, 2019

luxuskamel and meatandy like this.
  9. kingwp1
    Donut Oct 17, 2019

kingwp1 , Oct 17, 2019 :
    Hands down it was the high end features/specs for such a low price. No brainer!

10. meatandy
    Oreo Oct 17, 2019

meatandy , Oct 17, 2019 :
    Just because someone posts in a region-specific thread does not mean they live in that country .;)

luigimario likes this.
  11. MosheG1

why would they bother if you can't win?

12. MosheG1

13. MosheG1

14. MosheG1

15. meatandy