[Giveaway] 5 Questions with Lex: Why OnePlus for Gaming

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prodicus
    Cupcake Oct 17, 2019

Prodicus , Oct 17, 2019 :
    1) Why did you choose OnePlus over any of the other brand who are also making gaming phones?

Honestly, I have had my eye on OnePlus since they came out with the original while I was still working as a phone technician for Sprint many years ago. I loved the idea of a company building premium phones at reasonable prices. OnePlus 7T seems to be the best marriage of value and specs you can buy at this point while also looking really nice design-wise as well. I looked at the stuff being built by ASUS and Razer, and although they are monsters when it comes to specs, they focus too much on looking "cool" for me. I need my phone to look like a phone, first and foremost, not a gaming device.

MosheG1 and Ruby G. like this.
  2. mavg7
    Gingerbread Oct 17, 2019

mavg7 , Oct 17, 2019 :
    2) What's your history with OnePlus devices?
    it all started when i had my iPhone 4, i was sick and tired of the battery and i was just like i need an android again.. there were too many options but looking on the internet something got me, it was the OnePlus 1, this brand new company that sold phones so cheap that surprised me , when i found out about the invitation system i was trying so hard to get one it was kind of impossible , so i talk to my friends about it and we all decided to put our hands into it and start looking for those invitations, we found them we all were able to buy one , bought one for my mom,dad and myself. so here you have me 5 years later and many improvements my dad and i own the OnePlus 6 and my mom still OnePlus 3T and they still work awesome ... although that One plus 7 pro is looking at me since it came out D:

Ruby G. and MosheG1 like this.
  3. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Oct 17, 2019

MosheG1 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 17, 2019 :
    Good point, OnePlus gives the specs while keeping their phones sleek.

4. omgitskd
    Eclair Oct 17, 2019

omgitskd , via OnePlus 6T T-Mobile , Oct 17, 2019 :
    1) Why did you choose OnePlus over any of the other brand who are also making gaming phones?

LOYALTY!
    Not just from a user towards the brand, but vice versa as well.

I have been following the journey of OnePlus since the OG OnePlus One. I was in college in India and I remember how difficult it was to get an invite. Fast forward, OnePlus 2 was launched and I bought it in 2015. After happily using it for over 3 years, I got OnePlus 6T via my carrier T-mobile by trading in my OnePlus 2 and getting $300 off. Wow!

There's simply nothing in any other brand that can convince me to switch from OnePlus.

Ruby G. likes this.
  5. KeBlam
    US Brand Ambassador Oct 17, 2019

KeBlam , Oct 17, 2019 :
    Originally, I was more into the Samsung phones. I've had a Galaxy S3, S5, and at some point, I had a Google Nexus 5. Looking back, the UI and the bloatware was fine to me; it was just like everyday breathing! However, I never knew what freedom felt like until I've bought myself a OnePlus 5T! Without bloatware and all of that unnecessary junk, without the flagship price, but with the powerful specs, I've definitely found myself a very powerful phone.

However, when it comes to gaming, I didn't like the specs on it. OnePlus is more well-rounded and is more of a phone than most devices like the Razer Phone and even the newest Asus phone. Although they provide a very good refresh rate and powerful performance, they lack in so many other aspects that OnePlus excels in.

Again, I've bought myself a OnePlus 5T after having downgraded from a Samsung Galaxy S5 to a Samsung Galaxy Amp Prime 3, the ones that they give to you at Cricket! At that time, I thought that phone was decent but when the 5T arrived, I finally believed the ad I saw online!

3) Is there a reason why you prefer gaming on Android over iOS?
    In general, I love the customizability and the performance of Android phones. In addition, I feel that they provide a lot more variety in games and spit out quality games more frequently than on the iOS platform. There is, in a sense, a bit more freedom to 'choose my poison'.

4) If you had to identify one quality of the OnePlus 7T that makes it a standout choice for mobile gamers, what would it be?
    I would most definitely agree about the Warp Charge 30T. Under the duration of graphic heavy games, the battery life can drain quit fast, causing me to go on a panic sometimes since I would need to headout after a game or two. Having the Warp Charge, I'm able to charge for 10 minutes and hit the road in an instant!

5) What is one area that you'd like to see OnePlus optimize in their smartphones for even better gaming experiences?
    Although I would love a OnePlus tablet (Which I would probably use everyday for both work and school), but in terms of gaming experience, here are a few things I would consider:
    - Having 4 speakers, one in each corner to give you more of a directional sense
    - Better cooling since some games do take a heavy toll on your phone at times
    - Stronger vibrational motor so you can really feel those vibrations

Of course, I can go on and on, but here's the thing, I LOVE what OnePlus is already doing! I know that they will keep improving because it's in their nature!

As they always say #NeverSettle !

MosheG1 likes this.
  6. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Oct 18, 2019

7. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Oct 18, 2019

MosheG1 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 18, 2019 :
    sorry.

8. A1571359853106
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

A1571359853106 , Oct 18, 2019 :

I've never used any OnePlus devices before but from looking at the content creators of brawl stars using the OnePlus 7T it looks very op and I'd like to try one out.

9. Evocashious Games
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

Evocashious Games , Oct 18, 2019 :

Actually hadn't heard of the brand until I watched Linus Tech Tips make a video about the OnePlus 6T. I was pretty interested so I bought one. Been in love ever since!

10. G_Parth_Shah_qXtB
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

G_Parth_Shah_qXtB , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Question 2: I am actually completely new to the OnePlus community. I originally had everything from Motorola to Samsung, LG and Google Nexus. I chose OnePlus not only because of their price point, but because of their value proposition. They are a company that stands by their product and produces a high quality phone that lasts. I've had this over a year and I still achieve over a day of battery with heavy use. Can you still get that from the other flagships?

MosheG1 likes this.
  11. czadd
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

13. extracell
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

extracell , Oct 18, 2019 :
    What's your history with OnePlus devices?

My significant other has a one plus 6, and I thought hey, why not get the 6t? after a couple months of saving, I finally was able to get this phone and I currently love it, thanks one plus!

MosheG1 likes this.
  14. R1555468044712
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

R1555468044712 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    2. this is my first OnePlus device. I have had Samsung for my last few phones and as I started researching for a new one I started noticing OnePlus in reviews and went in to test it and was sold! all the features and more of the other brands for a lower price. I love it

MosheG1 likes this.
  15. thereallopezmigu
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

thereallopezmigu , via OnePlus 7 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Question 1:
    Why did I choose OnePlus over other gaming phones? Oxygen OS. In gaming one of the most important things is speed. Oxygen OS is so optimized. I've heard about the brand before, but it wasn't until the 5t where it really caught my attention. I am an Android enthusiast, and Oxygen OS is just hands down so enjoyable to use. Other gaming phones have a thick skin or theme, and Oxygen OS is just a clean near stock Android experience. On top of that, the displays and screen to body ratio make playing games much more immersive. My OnePlus has never lagged, it stays fast. The never settle mentality is why OnePlus earned my loyalty and offers hands down an incredibly enjoyable gaming experience.

16. Owenn
    Donut Oct 18, 2019

Owenn , Oct 18, 2019 :

OnePlus makes cheaper devices that make it possible for me at a young age to afford they also have many cool innovative Technology in their phones like no other companies like the pop up camera ext.

17. extracell
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

extracell , Oct 18, 2019 :
    What's your history with OnePlus devices?

My significant other has a one plus 6, and I thought hey, why not get the 6t? after a couple months of saving, I finally was able to get this phone and I currently love it, thanks one plus!

MG9 likes this.
  18. MG9
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

MG9 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Question 1.

Simple answer, I'm hooked. I bought the The 6, then the 6T. going to upgrade to the pro in a couple of month. Hopefully OnePlus comes up with Tablets, Smart watches and more technology so I can have a connected ecosystem.

19. M1568769713399
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

M1568769713399 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Question 5) I would like to see more cooling in the phones, I know it's limited by space but my 7 Pro seems to get really hot.

20. OnePlusLover_
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

OnePlusLover_ , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Why did you choose OnePlus over any of the other brand who are also making gaming phones?

I didn't just choose OnePlus for gaming, I chose it for the quality, speed, and battery life. OnePlus makes the fastest, smoothest phones in my opinion. The battery life on OnePlus devices is insane as well. I will only buy OnePlus devices from now on. It all started out years ago. I wanted the OnePlus 3T when it came out, yet never had the money. I kept wanting each new OnePlus device, yet never had the money. Finally I got a job and bought the OnePlus 6. After that I was hooked, and I could never go back to anything else. I now own the OnePlus 7 Pro and am totally in love. This phone is everything I've ever wanted: big screen, super fast, fast charging, smooth gaming, and battery that lasts a long time!

21. Pxtseryu , via OnePlus 6T Midnight Black , Oct 18, 2019 :
    "Why did you choose OnePlus over other phone brands that are making gaming phones?"

Honestly? I really like the idea of community and togetherness. I also love the design aspect of your phones - red and black is my favorite color combination ever. I also liked the insane performance, the outstanding screen-to-body ratio, and the wonderful simplicity and fluidity of OxygenOS - it doesn't just move, it flies like a supersonic jet.

22. K1567809883940
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

K1567809883940 , Oct 18, 2019 :

I wanted something that was powerful, but still close to stock Android. I had a Pixel 2 XL and ended up shattering the back glass and camera. It was time for a new phone. I was waiting on the Pixel 4 while using my backup Galaxy S8 but then started doing a lot of research on the OnePlus 7 Pro. I instantly got addicted to reading about all the features and specs. Walked in to a T-Mobile store a few days later and played with it. I instantly fell in love. At that moment, I knew I needed to buy it, and that's exactly what I did. Really looking forward to future OnePlus phones and I will definitely be a OnePlus fan for the rest of my life.

23. shiva.kakarla01
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019