[Giveaway] 5 Questions with Lex: Why OnePlus for Gaming

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JasonAC130
    Cupcake Oct 25, 2019

JasonAC130 , Oct 25, 2019 :
    1) Why did you choose OnePlus over any of the other brand who are also making gaming phones?

I've been looking at OnePlus since they came out with the OnePlus 6 so I've been paying attention to their phones for a while. I got a Mclaren version of the 6T from a friend and I used that on T-Mobile for a while and recently I had my eyes on the Blue 7 Pro that I though and still think is amazing in the terms of phone storage and performance. Overall OnePlus first stood out because of the huge gap in specs with other phones around the same price point so I just find the memory and CPU amazing in the applications that they have used it in.

Oxygen OS is very smooth in it's overall design and I like how it differs from other brands in it's own ways. The gaming mode that I've used is awesome to say the least. I really like that there is a dedicated setting to let me play all my games at a smoother refresh and FPS rates so I don't have to constantly try to fix stutters or gaps in loading like in some Samsung phones that I have used in the past. The OS also in the stress tests I have personally done with loading Call of Duty's new game and PUBG at the same time back to back is great with it's allotment of data and downloads seeing as I was able to effortlessly switch games and not feel the drawbacks of lower graphics or slowed transitions between screens. Overall OnePlus has made some amazing and eye-catching phones.

2. Masonjar13
    Cupcake Oct 25, 2019

Masonjar13 , Oct 25, 2019 :
    1) Why did you choose OnePlus over any of the other brand who are also making gaming phones?

Long time user of OP alrrady, so I know I won't be disappointed with quality! But I don't game on my phone, never have really. But, when you get something as powerful as this phone, that's built for gaming, then other tasks are a breeze! May seem like overkill, and generally, it is. However, a battery built to withstand extensive gaming.. if you're not gaming, the battery life is pretty ridiculous. Especially considering warp charge.

It's also really nice not to have the front camera taking up screen space. The 7/7t seem fine, as they minimize the space taken up and it's pretty uninvasive. But the Plus hides it completely. I rarely use the front-facing camera, so this is a huge Plus for me .

3. n_vikram
    Donut Oct 25, 2019

n_vikram , Oct 25, 2019 :
    2) What's your history with OnePlus devices?
    Nexus 5 was my last stock Android phone. I was always impressed with the camera of the nexus line of phones and their performance with stock Android over any OEMs loading the OS with unnecessary bloat-ware. So it was only natural for me move to OnePlus from the Nexus lines for exactly the same reasons and they've lived up to it spectacularly.

4. T1572014387567
    Cupcake Oct 25, 2019

T1572014387567 , Oct 25, 2019 :
    I am new to OnePlus. As a matter of fact I haven't even purchased yet but I hope to soon... I have had HTC devices ever since I switched from BlackBerry to Android many, many years ago :D. I am in need of a new phone soon as my HTC U11 is really starting to struggle. I was waiting for the announcement of the Pixel 4 but was very discouraged by the specs. Then I started looking into OnePlus and was on the fence between OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T, and Pixel 4 XL...until I found out yesterday that the OnePluse 7T Pro McLaren edition is coming to the USA and it will be on T-Mobile! I'm stoked for this phone!! I'm already on the notification list for T-Mobile and will purchase as soon as they start taking orders! :)

5. Rfrsw101
    Cupcake Oct 25, 2019

Rfrsw101 , Oct 25, 2019 :
    My first OP device was the 3T, and am currently using the 6. I'll probably upgrade when the 8 or 8T comes out. I juggled between LG/Samsung/Nexus/OP phones for a while, literally switching my SIM card between different phones, before finally deciding to #NeverSettle with the OP6.

6. deefectz
    Cupcake Oct 25, 2019

deefectz , Oct 25, 2019 :
    1) Why did you choose OnePlus over any of the other brand who are also making gaming phones? I gotta say my really good friend put me onto the One Plus brand he has had almost all of them since the 1+1. My old android phone was dying around the 1+3 and i was looking to get a new one but was tired of all the expensive crap that was on the market. After so long of telling me about the brand he let me use his phone over the course of the day and i fell in love. Gestures, "Dash Charge"and ease with having multiple tasks open then led me to but my first 3T and i have not looked back since. Love the brand, the community and the ever-growing improvements... nuff said :)

7. brdobbs
    Cupcake Oct 25, 2019

brdobbs , Oct 25, 2019 :
    I bought my first OnePlus (6T) about a year ago. I did a ton of research on phones, looking for the best flagship Android phone (IMO), and came across the OnePlus brand. It has been a great phone, holds up well to falls and drops, and out performs my friends' Apple devices. Then I tell them the price, and they wonder why they missed out on something that's better, and is only half the price. I look forward to my next OnePlus, when the time comes to upgrade.

Oh, I use it on Google Fi, which is an awesome service.

8. laplumper
    Cupcake Oct 25, 2019

laplumper , Oct 25, 2019 :
    Question 1:

I chose OnePlus because of the amazing value that these phones offer! I'm in love with my white OnePlus 6!! Performance is absolutely flawless, charging is very fast and the overall experience is just perfect. I've always been an Android fanboy, but OnePlus just hit the mark for me. Keep listening to the customers and making the greatest phones ever!

9. K1547982705386
    Cupcake Oct 25, 2019

K1547982705386 , Oct 25, 2019 :
    K1547982705386

Answer: OnePlus focus is the primary reason they are becoming the Leader in the industry using the “KISS” principle. Keep It Simple Smartphone first, then a gaming device!

10. Buckuwetu
    Cupcake Oct 25, 2019

Buckuwetu , Oct 25, 2019 :
    Definitely because of the freedom. iOS is way to restrictive. I understand being protective of your reputation, and customers, but at some point you have to let us decide exactly how we want to use the devices that we purchased.

11. D1539557214278
    Cupcake Oct 25, 2019

D1539557214278 , Oct 25, 2019 :
    3) Is there a reason why you prefer gaming on Android over iOS?

Apple is very limiting with their operating system, they force game developers to go through their app store, developers must give a large percentage of sales to Apple, and game performance is limited to the specs of an iPhone. Android offers much more customization and users can download games from many open sources. Many Android phones (especially the Oneplus phones) are superior to IOS devices and can run games better with a much more clean feel.

Good luck everyone! :)

12. E1571504202771
    Eclair Oct 25, 2019

E1571504202771 , Oct 25, 2019 :
    Ive already had an Iphone 3,4,5,6 after a Galaxy 7, Note 8 and Galaxy S10E, none of those phones had such a great operating system and speed. I got tired of overpaying for smartphones and with my Oneplus 7T I get a great price, best operating system available, best refresh rate and just a beast of a smartphone. I will forever continue to support Oneplus devices if they keep this great work.

13. Q1571412767550
    Cupcake Oct 25, 2019

Q1571412767550 , Oct 25, 2019 :
    Question 1 - The OnePlus 7T is without a doubt, the best valued phone out there today having all of the latest technology, all of this for $599. A no brainer for me to switch from a Samsung owner to a 7T.

14. jadesins
    Cupcake Oct 25, 2019

jadesins , Oct 25, 2019 :

Funny enough I was just telling my friend about the oneplus yesterday and all the numerous reasons why I love it above pretty much every other phone manufacturer out there. While I could go on to answer every single one of these questions in great detail I am going to focus on number 2.

Basically I don't have the type of history where I've owned every oneplus device and it was gold...
    Honestly, until now I have owned just the one.
    However, it was enough to hook me for life! It's sturdy (I know I'm a bad phone owner) I've definitely dropped it on its face in the middle of the road, and it didn't even get a scratch and that's only with the standard screen it came with in its packaging. ❤️

The graphics and sound are amazing, I love the OS, and I have never had a single compatibility issue to date.

So, to understand my history with oneplus I thinks it is important to understand my history right before oneplus. I worked for a tech/ phone company for 3 years. I went from the bottom as a customer service rep and worked my way to being a corporate trainer for this huge company (which I legally can't disclose).
    With that being said as a consumer I had already had my experiences with practically every main manufacturer on the map. I have used Google, Nokia, Samsung, Sony, Apple, windows, Motorola, HTC, etc.

In all my years of working for this company I managed to have two customers who were also in the tech industry and told me hands down they adored the oneplus.
    I had actually not heard of it at the time.

At that time the first real Google flagship was about to drop (the pixel). I started researching oneplus spent a month watching comparison videos and reviewing the specs. At the time oneplus had just released the oneplus 3t.
    After my research I couldn't help but notice the oneplus 3t had almost all the same hardware specs as the latest flagships and was intrigued and willing to put my personal cellphone to the test to see how I really would feel about the UI and Oxygen OS.

I purchased the 3t and never looked back. While I've lived off of my oneplus 3t ever since (until yesterday when I purchased the 7t). I was instantly an advocate even though I was supposed to be hyping up the flagship the clients I worked for were producing (which I was good at my job, make no mistakes). I couldn't help it!

I am hooked, the graphics are amazing!! My husband stopped playing pubg with me because my "graphics are way better,... The gaming experience is outrageous on the oneplus".
    I thought about upgrading my oneplus several times but honestly there wasn't a need for it.
    The OS is so smooth and all of my apps are compatible and functioning at an optimal potential. Finally the oneplus 7 caught my eye and started to convince me to upgrade and as most companies continue their cycle I knew a "t" version was coming so... I waited patiently... And got it. I told all my trainees about the oneplus and literally jumped with glee when I found out t-mobile would be the first company to be selling them outside of the manufacturer (they just so happen to be my carrier). Gotta love that insider information.

Although at the end of the day I still ended up purchasing my 7t directly from oneplus. You just can't go wrong!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019

15. O1572015898397
    Cupcake Oct 25, 2019

O1572015898397 , Oct 25, 2019 :
    It seems that the One+ universe is actually built for the people. They included everything we expect a phone to have and they offer a complete phone and not just a brand. I'm tired of brand phones just changing letters/numbers on the name instead of actual hardware.

16. JSturtecky
    Cupcake Oct 25, 2019

JSturtecky , Oct 25, 2019 :
    2) My history with OnePlus has been to purchase every version as the upgrade or new phone is released. It just so happened that this phone came at the MOST opportune time as my phone had just been dropped and shattered. I am a loyal OnePlus user even though my entire family is loyal to the "Crapple" brand! Best features and performance of any phone on the market!!!

17. Jerannon
    Cupcake Oct 25, 2019

Jerannon , Oct 25, 2019 :

This is my first experience with OnePlus. I was coming from a Moto Z (first gen) that started acting wonky on Republic Wireless. I noticed that Republic added the OnePlus 6T to its BYOP program, so I started doing some research and was very impressed by everything that I could find on OnePlus. I found a good deal on a 6T and have been using it for about a month. I'm super pleased with the experience and am becoming a big OnePlus fan. It's awesome to have a high quality device without having to drop tons of cash to get it!

18. dannyjiang
    Cupcake Oct 25, 2019

dannyjiang , Oct 25, 2019 :

19. SantaBob
    Cupcake Oct 25, 2019

SantaBob , Oct 25, 2019 :
    I started following OnePlus back before they released the OnePlus One. I always follow tech and had gone through several iterations of the Samsung Galaxy. I was also an early adopter of rooting my phones because I hated all the bloatware associated with almost all phones. When I read the specs for the OnePlus One and the amazing price, plus the fact that I wouldn't void my warranty if I rooted it, I was hooked. I still use my OnePlus 3T because it just works, and I'm looking forward to moving up to the 7T Pro soon. OnePlus will always be my goto phone. I c an't wait to see what you come up with next.
    Thank you!

20. marzurla
    Donut Oct 25, 2019

marzurla , Oct 25, 2019 :
    Question 2.
    It all started when my iPhone failed to hold a charge! I went in to get it fixed and they told me it didn't fall under the batch that they were fixing for free so I had to pay 80 bucks for a new battery. I had the phone for a year and a half. I searched for a new phone and found the OP5. Once I found out about OnePlus, I never looked back. I even got my wife to switch over and she couldn't be happier!