[Giveaway] 5 Questions with Lex: Why OnePlus for Gaming

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mchaw
    Eclair Oct 25, 2019

mchaw , Oct 25, 2019 :
    Question 2: What's your history with OnePlus devices?
    I am a bargain buyer. After thorough research, I chose OnePlus One to replace my old phone in 2014 and that was my first OnePluse phone. I currently own a OnePlus 7Pro. OnePlus provides good quality devices with affordable price and that's the reason I'm loyal to OnePlus.

2. james-lund
    Cupcake Oct 25, 2019

james-lund , Oct 25, 2019 :
    2) What's your history with OnePlus devices?
    I'm on my 3rd OnePlus device, starting with the OnePlus2. I love the functionality, performance, and sheer speed of these devices. I tried a Google Pixel recently, but it just didn't compare to the features OnePlus phones provide. I'm back on a 6T and loving it!!

3. Pikole
    Froyo Oct 25, 2019

Pikole , Oct 25, 2019 :
    I support a like of up and coming app developers, so there a lot times where they need to test features or the game is so early in the development. It is not time yet to upload to a app store. Android allows you to side load apps easily while iOS doesn't. In addition, I do not enjoy iOS as much as I do Android Pie and 10.

4. Sinterion
    Cupcake Oct 25, 2019

Sinterion , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 25, 2019 :
    I know I'm answering 2, but here it is

1) Why did you choose OnePlus over any of the other brand who are also making gaming phones?

Availability is always a factor in my choice of phones, but I got the 7 Pro when it first came out, and I haven't looked back at my Motorola since! Also the theme of "Never Settle" has always sat with me, and I really wanted to see that speed, and no manufacturer "skin" on top of the stock experience.

I've followed OnePlus since the OnePlus 1, then my roommate got the 6, shortly after that, I saw the 7 Pro announcement stream, and I knew I had to have it with the pop-up camera and 90Hz refresh rate.

5. hadleyrd
    Donut Oct 25, 2019

hadleyrd , Oct 25, 2019 :
    Replying:
    I'm not a gamer, but I do like my OnePlus! Could use some new BT earbuds...

I got my 1+ One on the first day it became available as a non-invite purchase. I replaced an aging SG SII that was feeling a bit outdated. I loved my 1+ One, and kept it as my only phone until the OnePlus 5 came out. I bought that one on the first day of availability as well. It's still my daily phone. Some of what I like about it has been lost in later generations. I prefer the physical capacitative Home button and the navigation buttons that are not on the screen. I really dislike when the onscreen buttons steal my screen real estate! The size is nice, also, and it has a headphone jack.

I recently resurrected my 1+ One for use as a secondary phone, as my work has some requirements for using apps that I didn't want on my main phone. I just got a US Mobile SIM card and have prepaid minutes/data on that phone, which can be dedicated as my clinic phone.

A downfall, if you can call it that, for OnePlus phones is that they are advanced enough that they have a nice long service life. My 1+ One from 2015 is still going strong, and I really don't want to give up my OnePlus 5 to get a newer model. When I seen someone else's phone, I feel sorry for them...

:)

6. ididitfirst
    Eclair Oct 25, 2019

ididitfirst , Oct 25, 2019 :

7. ididitfirst
    Eclair Oct 25, 2019

MosheG1 likes this.
  8. G_Emily_Smith_IeWd
    Cupcake Oct 25, 2019

9. wkruder3
    Cupcake Oct 25, 2019

wkruder3 , Oct 25, 2019 :
    I'm a new user. I do a lot of research before I purchase anything (it's the bohemian gene in me) and I chose the OnePlus 7 pro after much reading. Honest reviews make or break anything and from what I've read, the 1+pro was the way to go. I'm coming from the google nexus 6 (known as "Shamu") and it was a fabulous phone for at least 5 years, however, without any updates it began to bog down. No updates is the kiss of doom. So the search for the next great phone lead me to OnePlus. I'm extremely happy with my 7 pro and look forward to years of enjoyable and productive use. Hoping to be a customer for life, IF, you keep making a high quality, cost conscious product. Thumbs up for now !

MosheG1 likes this.
  10. cchang
    Cupcake Oct 25, 2019

cchang , Oct 25, 2019 :
    I've been a fan of OnePlus phones since the 1st flagship. I switched from a very outdated Iphone 4s to the Oneplus One and haven't turned back since. I currently own the OnePlus 3T, and have convinced my parents to switch over to OnePlus as well. I love the price points that OnePlus started out with (very affordable for all the specs), and I liked being different from most people.

11. D1572033093106
    Cupcake Oct 25, 2019

D1572033093106 , Oct 25, 2019 :

I came to OnePlus when the 6T came out. I've been a Samsung user for many years. I like the price for a flagship phone. I think I will be with OnePlus for a long time.

Patrick

12. rejith123
    Cupcake Oct 25, 2019

rejith123 , Oct 25, 2019 :
    I have been an early adopter from One Plus One days. Barring a slightly damaged shell, it is still working. Great phone for gaming!!! Now I have a OnePlus 6T for the last one year. I felt that these phones are well designed and good quality, durable handsets that last long and are future proof. Some challenges I faced include compatibility with things like Android Auto, problematic GPS functionality and Bluetooth connectivity. Photos are also not to the level of a Galaxy S series, iphone or Google Pixel phone. Barring these, the ride has been perfect.

MosheG1 likes this.
  13. Q1559885314866
    Cupcake Oct 25, 2019

14. Tes_Akins
    Cupcake Oct 25, 2019

Tes_Akins , Oct 25, 2019 :
    2) What's your history with OnePlus devices

15. B1572036118393
    Cupcake Oct 25, 2019

B1572036118393 , Oct 25, 2019 :
    5) What is one area that you'd like to see OnePlus optimize in their smartphones for even better gaming experiences?

Accessories, like a charging dock, bluetooth wireless controller, wireless audio with specs similar to the SteelSeries arctic pro (never settle, right?). It's more than just find these with other vendors, but to have them tested, verified and approved from OnePlus directly.

16. T1550469737780 , via OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile , Oct 25, 2019 :
    1) Why did you choose OnePlus over any of the other brand who are also making gaming phones?

Well being a anti apple guy I was stuck on TMobile with Samsung or OnePlus.

Storage was the 1 biggest factor. then it was process speed.
    I had read 4 reviews prior to this decision as well. all four said this was just as superior to Apple without all of the cost.
    Apple fixing isn't cheap. over $140 for screen to be fixed. of course if you have Apple Care it's cheaper.

then it was the ability save things on my "cloud". You lose the sign in on apple...well, your phone is toast. here it's not that big of a issue yet.

if I can find performance with less cost I am in.

also hate apples inability to attach multiple accounts to one game center.

17. GladTag
    Cupcake Oct 25, 2019

GladTag , Oct 25, 2019 :

I've tried so many other Android phones before, so I'm like a noob when it comes to the OnePlus fam.

I've been eyeing a friend's OnePlus for some time and I knew that it had all the features that I needed on a mobile device great camera, great screen, suuuuper fast.

So I was happily surprised by my husband who got me a 6T for Valentine's Day. He saw that I loved my phone so much, he got himself one too! I've managed to convince a stranger to get a OnePlus on the spot, although I guess I should have remembered to use a referral code. Aaaargh!!

Good luck to everyone on the forum!!

18. G_Josh_Smith_UivM
    Cupcake Oct 25, 2019

G_Josh_Smith_UivM , Oct 25, 2019 :
    If you had to identify one quality of the OnePlus 7T that makes it a standout choice for mobile gamers, what would it be?---Id say the display 1st, its so smooth it makes gaming fun, 2nd would be quick charge so you can get back to the game faster

19. Insomnic
    Cupcake Oct 25, 2019

Insomnic , Oct 25, 2019 :
    I've had a smart phone for years about 4 now the Oneplus 7 pro being my current one and from my Samsung s4, and LG 3 and 6. I gotta say I love my Oneplus 7 pro. Mainly because its fast and simple to use and I've never had any problems with it. I enjoyed the fact that Oneplus was different because they didn't follow the "war" between apple and samsung. Every year, both of them have basically the same design and I wanted something different. So, I when i went to Tmobile i didn't go there initially to get my current phone but the entire time i was there i was playing with the model. I told myself that i was going to get it if I had to pick a phone and believe it of not I was kinda forced to get it but i was happy, nontheless. I could tell you why i was kinda forced but i will save that for another time and i feel like i talked too much.

Ive only been with Oneplus for about two months thanks to T-moblie. But in all actuality Ive been with Oneplus for years, metaphorically of course. I'd say I've followed since about the Oneplus two and though Ive never had one a friend of mine had it and I loved the design of it personally. I thought the name was interesting and after a few videos i though i should have a phone by this brand someday.

Thank you for reading and good luck to everyone who participates in this i honestly enjoyed just talking on my experience with the Oneplus brand.

20. slickrickreis
    Cupcake Oct 25, 2019

slickrickreis , Oct 25, 2019 :
    I have a OnePlus 5, and it's the best phone I've ever had. One thing I would recommend is maybe some type of controller attachment for the phone to make the phone more comfortable in your hands for long gaming sessions. Adding an option of the micro SD card and a replaceable battery would make the perfect phone.