[Giveaway] 5 Questions with Lex: Why OnePlus for Gaming

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samheart564
    Cupcake Oct 26, 2019

samheart564 , Oct 26, 2019 :
    1) I chose OnePlus because it is the nicest-looking fast phone on the market that can also do smartphone things. All the other gaming phones look ugly, and don't have a "I can still use this as a normal phone" vibe to them. Plus Oxygen OS is one of the best versions out there on phones.

2. Lastprorican
    Cupcake Oct 26, 2019

Lastprorican , Oct 26, 2019 :
    2) What's your history with OnePlus devices?
    I first heard about OnePlus because it felt like you had to be part of a VIP club to even get a phone like with the 1+1! When my Galaxy S4 began to fail on me I was ready to move on and After countless searching and comparing I came across the Oneplus 3t! The specs were beyond amazing and the price was remarkable (didn't need to take out a personal loan for a great phone)! I have now since moved up to the Oneplus 6! (headphone port ftw!) and gave my GF my Oneplus 3, which was still an improvement over her Nexus 6p! Every phone from here out will be only Oneplus!

3. billythekid408
    Cupcake Oct 26, 2019

billythekid408 , Oct 26, 2019 :
    1) Why did you choose OnePlus over any of the other brand who are also making gaming phones?

I chose OnePlus over other because the phone has a awesome technology that's better then the leading smart phone makers. I received my OnePluse 7T a few days ago and compared it with my wife iPhone 11 and the OnePlust 7T has better camera pics, sounds, and video. I also compared with my co-worker Samsung Note 10 and everyone at work say the OnePlus has better photo, clearer videos, and better sounds. $599 for the OnePlus 7T is a no brainer compare to $1k+ iPhones and Samsung Galaxy/Notes. 90 Hz display is sick... Get the OnePlus 7T and watch a 4k Dolby ATMOS video on YouTube you will be amaze...… Play game on the OnePlus 7T is like playing game using Xbox One on the LG OLED TV with a full surround sound system. Picture and sound are amazing. My friends can't believe how they can hear and feel the surround sound on this phone.

4. captwilly
    Cupcake Oct 26, 2019

captwilly , Oct 26, 2019 :
    5) What is one area that you'd like to see OnePlus optimize in their smartphones for even better gaming experiences?

I'd like to see something done about audio and speaker positioning. Having your hands on the sides of the phone means constantly covering the bottom firing speaker or trying to avoid doing so. Perhaps mirroring the earpiece speaker at the base of the phone with some kind of driver beneath the display would be a good solution. Or a driver beneath the surface of the display with port openings on the top and bottom (and/sides?) of the phone. It's a tough question, though, because the products are really great.

5. AndyLadh86
    Cupcake Oct 26, 2019

AndyLadh86 , Oct 26, 2019 :
    Q1 Why did you choose OnePlus over any of the other brand who are also making gaming phones?

First of all, I would like to say OnePlus has outdone themselves from the 6 series to the 7.
    Second,I would choose OnePlus over any other gaming phones for many reasons. Here are a few:

1. The design, the sleek and sexy design in OnePlus just attracts many eyes like the full edge to edge screen, the vibrant colors on the back, and speakers like the 7 pro that is hardly noticable on the screen yet loud along with Dolby Atmos.

2. The second would be the battery life along with warp charge. I was amazed to see how quickly it charged up compared to the other device I had before (pixel 3), without heating up the phone. The battery lasted me all day without a charge which is better than any of the phones I've owned in the past that would only last up to 6hrs.

3. What's actually inside the phone, the 90hz is by far the best on the huge display. When your gaming, there's literally no lag while moving around. It makes gaming experience so much better than many of the gaming phones out there that still use 60hz. Also we can't forget that they have RAMs that go up to 12gb. That is more than a laptop Lol. Most laptops only use max 8gb of ram. I can be gaming while have other apps running on the background at the same time without any problems. Many of the gaming phones only focus on gaming experience but forget that other apps are also a huge part of a cellphone now a days, huge example would be social media. Everyone now has more than 3 social media apps on their phones like Facebook, Snapchat, WhatsApp, and Instagram to name a few. OnePlus allowed me to use all the apps in the background so I could go back exactly where I left off when I was done with the game.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019

6. JJ71787
    Cupcake Oct 26, 2019

JJ71787 , Oct 26, 2019 :
    I used to be a Google Nexus used because it was high end specs at am affordable price. Google decided to kill these phones, that's when my OnePlus journey began.

Still getting high end specs for an affordable price. The phones are built to last. I am still using my OnePlus 3. Thinking of getting the 7t just to upgrade.

7. lmhpaso
    Cupcake Oct 26, 2019

lmhpaso , Oct 26, 2019 :
    #2 I got my Oneplus 1 five years ago this month and am just now looking toward upgrading to the 7T. Having an excellent phone that can go the distance brings me back to Oneplus.

8. y_oo
    Eclair Oct 26, 2019

y_oo , Oct 26, 2019 :

1. I had OPO in the dark days of invetations only, then abandoned the firm for few years, now on OP7

9. Doctor always lies
    Cupcake Oct 27, 2019

Doctor always lies , Oct 27, 2019 :

1) Why did you choose OnePlus over any of the other brand who are also making gaming phones?
    Simply there the best, not even for the money but that's icing on the cake. Android 10 on my OnePlus 7t, I upgraded in my oneplus from 7 pro to the 7t in my area we didn't get the pro version. Brighter screen, less blue light, 466000 on antutu, almost 100k more than my OnePlus 7 pro was. I even hook up to mobile hotspot and run my internet tethered off the phone throughout the house. Top line specs, on visible I was able to cut out my cable bill, top of the line tethering device, gaming device, HDMI for streaming, gaming is the fastest I've ever seen. One question why haven't you jumped into a OnePlus device at this point?

10. D1548009535068
    Cupcake Oct 27, 2019

D1548009535068 , Oct 27, 2019 :
    Hello friends,

Before my OP6 i was using iphone and Samsung devices and it was really annoying because of the lags and sudden stops but with my OP6 gaming has new taste since the graphics are so smooth and the gaming experience is so nice

11. ac_nirvana
    Cupcake Oct 27, 2019

ac_nirvana , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 27, 2019 :

it's a top tier device for half the price. the 90 hertz display is so aesthically pleasing it's hard to use another phone with lower refresh rate.
    the dual SIM card is also a huge plus for anyone that travels internationally, I haven't utilized the feature myself but I just like the option. and availability, it just creates a complete product.
    Observing the OnePlus 7 Pro in a whole product it just has features and performance that outdoes every other phone.
    The technology being added isn't gimmicky it's versatile and useful. from the ram to storage space.

I choose OnePlus because they are constantly pushing boundaries in the rapidly advancing Mobile Phone Arena,
    and listening to what customers want as a whole. bezzeless screen is better then anything.
    (pop-up Camera is just so different, most of my countrymen don't even know until I give them game)

12. The_human
    Cupcake Oct 27, 2019

The_human , Oct 27, 2019 :
    4) If you had to identify one quality of the OnePlus 7T that makes it a standout choice for mobile gamers, what would it be?

In my opinion the 90hz display is the best quality of the OnePlus 7T that I admire as a gamer. I think that it is the standout choice for me. Since, I have been using it and gaming on it for a while the 90hz display gives an outstanding and smooth experience while gaming without providing any lag or heat up. Obviously the RAM size and processor play a big role in the performance but that's something OnePlus is best at already. OnePlus just set a new threshold for display experience which I liked the most.

13. V1560378953075
    Cupcake Oct 27, 2019

V1560378953075 , Oct 27, 2019 :
    4) If you had to identify one quality of the OnePlus 7T that makes it a standout choice for mobile gamers, what would it be?
    The one quality I could identify is actually an answer with three parts. The reason that the 7T is clearly the standout choice for gamers is the processor, RAM, system combo. For starters you have a Snapdragon 855+ process that clocks amazing speeds to handle whatever you throw at them. I run Fortnite on my 7Pro and it is just a simply fluid experience with no lag whatsoever. I also play games like Final Fantasy VII, Minecraft and I have over 40 games saved on this phone. NONE of them ever have any issues at ALL.
    The 2nd part of this answer is the RAM it has the 8GB it comes with gives it the memory it needs to run absolutely anything with ease and also allows the OnePlus 7T to have seamless performance and quick load times as well giving you a console style feel to your gaming.
    Finally, the last thing I mentioned is the system. Oxygen OS is one of the most simple, most efficient running systems that does not have really any bloatware that can not down even the most powerful phones on the market. (Samsung being the most notorious for bloatware) It promotes excellent battery life allowing hours of play time and even makes going in between applications and games a fast fluid experience.
    OnePlus the one of the best devices out there on the market that can stand up to the most popular out there not only because of its raw power they deliver in their devices, but with their competitive prices. Even though the 7Pro is the most expensive OnePlus to date, it is still cheaper than it's Galaxy counterpart and performs just as well if not better.

14. rvermausa
    Eclair Oct 27, 2019

rvermausa , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 27, 2019 :

The OnePlus 7 Pro is my first device. I just want to try beside Pixel since it's suppose to have faster Oxygen OS updates without issues. I love the 90 HZ refresh rate. I want to be part of OnePlus family so that it can grow through out the world.

15. jetdragon67
    Gingerbread Oct 27, 2019

jetdragon67 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 27, 2019 :
    5) What is one area that you'd like to see OnePlus optimize in their smartphones for even better gaming experiences?

I would like to see Oneplus come out with specific gaming peripherals. A oneplus controller, dock and gaming case would be amazing! A second screen case or qwerty keyboard case or Bluetooth case attachment would be amazing to play in full screen while typing on an actual keyboard the size of the phone.

I know we have games space, but a partnership with some games as well as ramping up the options within games pace so that you control internal Temps frame fates etc would be awesome.

Since the 7 pro has a curved screen, it would be great to have a edge screen with options for tweaking the system or launching games.

16. theketandeshpande
    Cupcake Oct 28, 2019

theketandeshpande , Oct 28, 2019 :
    The OnePlus 7T Pro is currently one of the most powerful Android phones anyone can buy and that's courtesy of its updated Snapdragon 855 Plus chipset. This chipset is responsible on its own for all the power that you are going to need for mobile gaming in the Android side of things. And then there's OnePlus' super smooth and efficient Oxygen OS 10 that's been honed for gaming. These technical bits sound good on paper and in the real world, they show they really do work.

I maxed out all the settings of PUBG Mobile, i.e. high graphics settings with extreme frame rates and HDR graphics. I even switched on anti-aliasing as well. In these settings, I played a couple of PVP deathmatch mode matches and even after 30 minutes of continuous gameplay, there was no drop in frame rates or performance.

With Oxygen OS 10, OnePlus has made some gaming additions to the interface. There's a new Game Space launcher that consolidates all the installed games on your phone and offers shortcuts to all the gaming modifications available. The Fnatic Mode can be toggled on from the bottom control panel and it ensures notifications. I like how Oxygen IOS displays notifications in a minimal interface devoid of any graphics and only text - this way you know what's happening in the back while the notifications don't disturb your gameplay. You can even enhance the haptic feedback for supported games. The Gaming Display Enhancement mode brightens up the colour tones which makes it easy in games like PUBG to locate enemies.

It's the smoothest and fastest phone I've ever seen! Cheers OnePlus!!!

TheRealAman and MosheG1 like this.
  17. june655
    Cupcake Oct 28, 2019

june655 , Oct 28, 2019 :

My family has started using OnePlus since OnePlus-1, then OnePlus-X, OnePlus-6, 6T, and recently a 7 PRO. All of the devices are all in hands for daily use still. I'm not going to repeat all the good feedbacks other users already posted, but with a couple concerns we have been had since day one of using OnePlus devices although a huge improvement were seen during the years.

A) the color resolution is still not as smooth as iPhone on display. Color schemes are fewer possibly? It's a bit too sharp on each color. Some people may like it but not my family.

B) the screen touch is not re-acting smooth enough: 1. At some point it's not responding fast enough in some areas randomly; 2. The touch point of the keyboard is not 100% accurately pin pointed. It's off to left most of times, like an "s" touched but got "a" displayed. This happens to all our devices with all of us.

Hoping my feedback will trigger your attention to focus these concerns. Over all, OnePlus is still the top pick when comes to shop a new device. Looking forward better improvement and better device coming that sets OnePlus the BEST of all areas of cellular phone market!

MosheG1 likes this.
  18. E1570703686507
    Cupcake Oct 28, 2019

E1570703686507 , Oct 28, 2019 :
    Because oneplus inspite of gaming phone it also give premium quality,looks,premium features, premium camera,therefore is far more better than other gaming phones

19. bunnybash
    Froyo Oct 28, 2019

bunnybash , Oct 28, 2019 :
    The screen. It's so damn good. It's good indoors, outdoors, late at night, bright sunlight. The 90hz under any brightness is incredible for making the phone feel so smooth!

MosheG1 likes this.
  20. MosheG1
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 28, 2019

TheRealAman and Buggs1623 like this.