[Giveaway] 5 Questions with Lex: Why OnePlus for Gaming

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TylerBurgett
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

TylerBurgett , Oct 18, 2019 :
    1) Why did you choose OnePlus over any of the other brand who are also making gaming phones?

I chose OnePlus over other brands because I consider myself a power user. OnePlus phones have always had amazing specs, but I think what does it for me is the software. It's got a stock Android feel, but with smart tweaks that make it a pleasure to use.

As far as games go, the top of the line chipset and ample amount of RAM and storage have me confident that I'll be able to play high end games on my phone for years to come!

2. ItsTaif
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

ItsTaif , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Question 2: what's your history with OnePlus devices?

My first smartphone was trash and I was looking to replace it with a top of the line smartphone that wasn't as expensive as an iPhone or Samsung Galaxy. The prices on those were exorbitant. I eventually found OnePlus, my saving grace. I bought the OnePlus 6T for my birthday, after having waited for its release

3. H1545027970890
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

4. Rayhan Mohammad
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

Rayhan Mohammad , Oct 18, 2019 :
    2) I saw a video from Unbox Therapy and thought " wow that seems like a really cool phone" when I looked at the price it seemed like a bargain, so I picked one up. this is my first ever one plus device and it's doing amazing!

5. thchen4
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

thchen4 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    3 - I just feel like there is more freedom on Android phones compared to iOS. The Play Store has more to choose from and many of the Android features make mobile gaming a lot more convenient.

6. I1570720263572
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

7. jasonchan88
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

8. J1571365156050
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

J1571365156050 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    1.) I chose OnePlus over other brands of phones for it's many features and ultra fast processor with upgraded RAM and storage. I am using OnePlus 7 Pro and am now a part of the family, I've used Android all my life for gaming for it's unbarred possibilities for gaming, whether it be appstore games or indie developer games you can find online, with the power of OnePlus, I can push the limits of possibility and imagination. This pocket sized super computer is truly one of the fastest and most powerful devices I've ever come into contact with and I catch myself playing on my phone more times than I do at home on my own tank of a computer.

9. X1571365073231
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

X1571365073231 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    1. Why choose OnePlus over other gaming phones?

Actually I wasnt in it for the gaming aspect in the first place. I had low tier budget phones ever since high school; and wanted something nicer and up to date. Seeing that iPhone price tag of 1 grand just for something to utilize throughout my day was just incredulous, I found comfort having a flag ship without breaking my budget. The specs, ergonomics, and amazing features just drew me in. In the end; the gaming aspect is just a pro-bono of a "killer" flagship phone.

10. Q1571365359226
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

Q1571365359226 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Question 4:

for me it's the snappy memory. apps download as fast as your WiFi can get it to your phone so you don't have to wait 5 minutes for big updates to install. plus it makes cold launching apps so much faster. I hope to keep seeing the latest memory tech in one plus phones in the future.

11. R1541839798259
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

R1541839798259 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    1) Why did you choose OnePlus over any of the other brand who are also making gaming phones?

I chose OnePlus for me and my wife because it gives us the most bang for our bucks. we get the features and quality of iPhones for half of the cost. I was looking for a gaming phone that can handle more than just browsing, but one that could meet my gaming needs. The OnePlus does that and then some. I am very pleased with the results and I do not plan on moving away from OnePlus any time soon.

12. Ruffroc02
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

Ruffroc02 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    2. What is your history with OnePlus devices?

This is my very first OnePlus device. As a Verizon subscriber I never been able to try out a OnePlus device. I went from HTC to Samsung, back to HTC, Nexus 6, Pixel, and Pixel 2 XL. I decided to go with the 7 Pro because it works on Verizon with no issues, is cheaper than a standard pixel 4 when including insurance over two years with the specs of a high end XL phone.

First and foremost I am loving the screen with no bezel and no notch. That is huge because I hate the notch trend. This phone is perfect for gaming. The pop up selfie camera is a great addition and works very fast. and the speed of the phone is unbelievable. I have been telling my family and friends this is the phone to get for it's high end performance at this price level. It is the Corvette of phones.

13. G_Brian_Beauvais_LCbd
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

G_Brian_Beauvais_LCbd , Oct 18, 2019 :
    5) for gaming I'd like to see the screen brightness improve for when you're outdoors or otherwise want a bright gaming experience.

14. the jug
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

the jug , Oct 18, 2019 :
    There are many reasons why the one plus stands out for gaming. For me it's the satisfaction of turning the phone to the side and see the CLEAN full screen take over. Like come on, that screen thoooo.

15. vinstech8
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

16. U1542038831790
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

U1542038831790 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    2.) my history with one plus

the 7pro is my first non Samsung phone since the Galaxy s4!

so far I'm impressed.

17. sdm10a
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

sdm10a , Oct 18, 2019 :
    2) What's your history with OnePlus devices?
    this is my first OnePlus device. usually an Samsung user, I was searching for something comparable, but cheaper on the pocket. I found out the release of the 7 pro was coming out and decided to go with it. it is seriously one of the best phones I have ever owned. the battery, screen and OS is seriously the best out there. I could not be happier with my choice.

18. HeroVincent
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

HeroVincent , Oct 18, 2019 :
    Question 1) I chose the OnePlus over other phones because of how affordable and ultimately worth it is. it has great specs not only for gaming but also for regular use. I've been using it for 3 years now and have had no problems. it's amazing and I'm going to stick with OnePlus.

19. CharleeyKing
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

CharleeyKing , Oct 18, 2019 :

OnePlus has always been my favorite smartphone brand. You guys always provides the highest performance with the lowest price, which is really important for someone like me who still needs to pay off medical school debt. So far my experience with OnePlus has been fairly positive and I strongly believe my future experience would be even better.

20. P1543195725415
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

P1543195725415 , Oct 18, 2019 :
    1 i bought oneplus because it has a very reasonable price and great performance .
    2 this is my first oneplus phone and it has been great.
    3 i dont play game on my phone, but my oneplus has met all my demands
    4 i am happy with the battery of the phone, especially compare to iphone

21. ManojSivasai
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

ManojSivasai , Oct 18, 2019 :
    1)for the gaming its the best
    get back to gaming or whatever else it is I'm doing

2) It also has an oled panel combined with a high resolution screen (I'm using the 7pro) and a huge percentage of the color gamut that make the gaming or really any action on the phone that much nicer

3) Since the 7pro OnePlus has also included a 90 hz screen which makes every scroll it flick of the finger that much more satisfying and every if some phones like the Razer phone have 120 hz, most games don't support 120 hz rather just 90

4) The 7pro (and in all the new phones) has a improved haptic feedback for vibration during gaming which makes a big difference in the feel of a game and gives a more immersive experience (especially when combined with the stereo speakers) and the haptic touch is great for something as simple as texting as it makes it seem like we almost have a tactical keyboard again and makes it that much nicer while texting!

5) unlike traditional gaming phones, OnePlus phones has great cameras as seen in any "shot on OnePlus" contest unlike the Asus ROG phone 2.

6) All of this combined with minimal bloatware and amazing software that keeps the phone blazing-fast ensures that I will continue to game content and use OnePlus phones for many years to come with it's excellent updates!